Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Round 4

MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
edited March 2017 in The Porch
Moving on to Round 4 and the semi-finals
Aye Davanita, Stupid Mop, Pry To, and Bugs eliminated in Round 1.
Satan's Bed, Whipping and Spin The Black Circle eliminated in Round 2.
Tremor Christ, Last Exit, Not For You and Better Man eliminated in Round 3.

Again, you are going to pick the song that you think is the "Weakest Link" from the remaining list after a couple days I remove the song with the most votes.

We will then move on to Round 5 and the finals.

The poll will close on Sunday (3/19) at 2:45pm cst.

Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Round 4 87 votes

Nothingman
72%
mcgruff10NewJPagereleaseNYjdopjpjsycobootlegger10104 years and countingon2legsNoloadgoldrushmfc2006cutzBIGDaddyWilgriz333PA JammertbergsdimitrispearljamJimmyVFlying MXZJM12271 63 votes
Corduroy
9%
rockpantsForce Of Naturetunodamaimookieblalockhm210980SJD3232drakeheuer14Shyner 8 votes
Immortality
18%
ledveddermanmy_waveTHE LOOKPurex37Indifference71ScreamHello_33jarkkonieminenjstu39rylanBLACK35boxer or the bagFlamerychadaw76northerndragonjoe159KB656988 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Nothingman
    How did Nothingman beat out BM or Last Exit?
  • Options
    One song will be eliminated this round. Poll ends on Sunday.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Nothingman
    MedozK said:

Fair enough. Not to sound critical but this is different than the Vs. final.
  • Options
    rummy said:

MedozK said:

Yep, I like a final two better. It will be that way from this point forward.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Nothingman
    No no no! Not For You is a top 5 PJ song for me, and for Nothingman to be in the final is just nuts. What are you people playing at?!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Nothingman
    Nothingman in the final is just nuts.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Nothingman
    Corduroy better win this thing. I love immortality, but it's not even close. That slow build intro on the album is sick and then the middle section break; beau-ti-ful. Couple that with Instellar Overdrive in concert and you've got perfection!
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    Immortality
    Well this one was easy, the next one will be as well.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Nothingman
    MedozK said:

rummy said:

MedozK said:

Yep, I like a final two better. It will be that way from this point forward.
    Should we have a "redo" between Animal and RVM? ;) (Totally kidding.)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Nothingman
    I voted for it, so I'm not complaining, but I just heard Tremor Christ from Melbourne in '95 and it was spectacularly badass.
    Haters need to find it and give their ears a taste.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nothingman
    rgambs said:

I voted for it, so I'm not complaining, but I just heard Tremor Christ from Melbourne in '95 and it was spectacularly badass.

Great tune indeed. I too voted against it last round as it's just not better (imo) than the other six that were listed.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Nothingman
    easy
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Nothingman
    rummy said:

rgambs said:

Great tune indeed. I too voted for it last round as it's just not better (imo) than the other six that were listed.
    I thought the point of this contest is to vote on the best sounding studio version not live?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Nothingman

rummy said:

rgambs said:

Great tune indeed. I too voted for it last round as it's just not better (imo) than the other six that were listed.
    I thought the point of this contest is to vote on the best sounding studio version not live?
    I don't think it matters. To me it's about the song itself as opposed to how it was produced in the studio. Besides, I never listen to the albums so I'd have to abstain altogether which wouldn't be any fun (for me).
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,263
    Nothingman
    Piece of cake.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Nothingman
    rummy said:

rummy said:

rgambs said:

I don't think it matters. To me it's about the song itself as opposed to how it was produced in the studio. Besides, I never listen to the albums so I'd have to abstain altogether which wouldn't be any fun (for me).
    Ah, perhaps I have this whole poll wrong then.
    I thought we were voting on what songs sound the best on each studio LP.
    Now I know why we are getting some crazy votes and results.

edit - To clarify I know we are voting off the weakest link so I thought we are voting off the weakest sounding on each album.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Nothingman
    The slow songs make it far in these polls.
  • Options
    Nothingman

The slow songs make it far in these polls.

A lot of romantics around here.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,039
    Nothingman
    easy
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    Nothingman
    I know it's early but I honestly thought this would be a lot closer (in terms of Nothingman, that is).
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Nothingman
    Immortality for the win! Although corduroy has to be a top five song live.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Nothingman
    Glad to see Corduroy still getting so much love (even after the questionable renditions from the 2016 tour). I'm wondering: Why do people get sick of Even Flow but not Corduroy? I can understand my own reasons for preferring the latter song but I am curious about other individual's points of view.
  • Options
    Nothingman
    I don´t want to spoil anything, but Nothingman lovers got it tough
  • Options
    Nothingman
    mcgruff10 said:

Immortality for the win! Although corduroy has to be a top five song live.

I don't think I'll be able to vote in the final round. Seriously.

Corduroy (Las Vegas, 2000)

vs
    Immortality (Toronto, 2000)

• Options
    Nothingman

rummy said:

rummy said:

rgambs said:

edit - To clarify I know we are voting off the weakest link so I thought we are voting off the weakest sounding on each album.
    I think it makes sense that one would choose to vote that way. Really. I am not, however. There are too many great live performances of all of these songs to worry about studio versions. I'm kind of like that with most of the music I listen to - especially stuff that's been out for a few decades.
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Nothingman
    Next round will be tough. Equally awesome songs as far as I'm concerned. I'm just going to have to close my eyes and pick.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Nothingman
    rummy said:

rummy said:

rummy said:

rgambs said:

I think it makes sense that one would choose to vote that way. Really. I am not, however. There are too many great live performances of all of these songs to worry about studio versions. I'm kind of like that with most of the music I listen to - especially stuff that's been out for a few decades.
    I hear what you are saying although sometimes it's nice to just put the original on loud.
    Like mcgruff does w/ Parachutes.
    He would much rather hear it that way than live.
    Of course Satans Bed sounds amazing on the album - live not so much.
    Sirens is a gem on the album - live not so much although Dyer may disagree.
    Rival and NAIS are lost dogs and should be given as much consideration as Sweet Lew live or studio kinda like the artwork for Moonlander.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Nothingman
    I tend to look at the songs as whole...Studio takes, how they play it live, how they could play it differently, what chords and riffs are used, lyrics, etc
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Nothingman
    That WAS difficult...
    don't think I can vote in the next round!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

This discussion has been closed.