Best PJ Side Projects?

2»

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Brad is by far my favorite "side project." That being said, you should check them all out.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    Yeah Brad is definitely the best project from the band.
    Check out the band Satchel and also Shawn Smith on bandcamp for lots of his solo stuff, if you are digging the Brad vocals.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    I dig Jeffs solo album the most.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
    Hold the phone...Wellwater Conspiracy! Matt Cameron, Ben Shepard, Eddie Vedder, Josh Homme. WTF!? Amazing :o
  • cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    My favourite album is 'The Quiet table' by Three Fish. At the time it was released I was in a pretty fragile state of mind and it just spoke to me. Very intense spiritual experience ... Of course it's different for every one, but I believe through life 2 or 3 albums provide an internal soundtrack of which always stay inside. I always look for good lyrics and all pearl jam members are great lyricists ... So to digress apart from three fish the latest Brad album ' United we stand' Is also a great piece of work.
    I wish I could get my hands on those Fish albums. No where to be found as far as downloads go on the internet. I'll have to hunt them down on eBay or Amazon I guess. The torture... :s
    Has anyone heard of Ten Commandos? Matt Cameron, Ben Shepard and Alain Johannes...great record!
  • ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    edited March 2017
    Love all side projects but have a special place for Three Fish, don't forget that each album has tracks that were only available on the vinyl version! Sometimes those side project band B-sides and unreleased tracks can be great surprises, yet are often elusive! Wish they would come back and do album #3.
    Post edited by ED477 on
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited June 2018
    I just completed this myself. Are there anymore side projects besides the following and what has been mentioned by the OP?

Brad
    Three Fish
    Tres Mtns
    RNDM
    Rockfords

Something that was not a side project but an early project from Jeff is Deranged Diction. I did not see this mentioned so I am putting it here. 
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Mad season
    Temple of the dog
    Brad
    RMDM
    All amazing
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    Rockfords
    Mad Season
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited June 2018
    RNDM by far for me.
    Then a tie between TOTD and Mad Season.
    Then Three Fish.
    I am warming up to Brad more; I didn't like them for a long time, but now I'm changing my mind. But I wish they had more than one album on Spotify.
    I enjoy Jeff's solo work too.
    I did not enjoy that Ten Commandos album very much, although I only listened twice back when it came out.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    RNDM by far for me.
    Then Three Fish.
    I am warming up to Brad more; I didn't like them for a long time, but now I'm changing my mind. But I wish they had more than one album on Spotify.
    I did not enjoy that Ten Commandos album very much, although I only listened twice back when it came out.
    RNDM before TOTD and MS? have you gone mad you silly cunt?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    RNDM by far for me.
    Then Three Fish.
    :rofl: At least I'm not feckless!! :lol:

Yeah, what can I say! I loooove RNDM! I'm sure it's because I'm a rabid Joseph Arthur fan. He's one of my favorite artists of all time. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 714
    edited June 2018
    Delete
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RNDM by far for me.
    Then Three Fish.

Yeah, what can I say! I loooove RNDM! I'm sure it's because I'm a rabid Joseph Arthur fan. He's one of my favorite artists of all time. :)
    just read that JA and Peter Buck from REM have a band, releasing an album June 15th and tour to follow. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    RNDM by far for me.
    Then Three Fish.

just read that JA and Peter Buck from REM have a band, releasing an album June 15th and tour to follow. 
    Yeah, I've already pre-ordered the album. :) They've already released a couple singles actually. They're good!