Options

**2018 Degenerate Fantasy Baseball League**

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,985

There is a team that does not have a catcher on the roster. Now, there there is no specific rule on ESPN about this, I have stated here in the past that every starting offensive position has to be filled. I can look back through this thread or the other for verification on this.

My question to the league is how do you want to proceed with this? My suggestion is we give the team in question an opportunity to acquire a catcher and insert him I to the line up by the next waiver claim period (which is Wednesday I believe). If he doesnt, he should get some sort of penalty to be decided by the league.

Or

Do we ignore it and allow teams to not completely fill their rosters. I think i know the thinking behind not rostering a catcher. I think he figures why waste a roster spot on a guy that would hurt his team more than help when he can add a pitcher or someone else that can help his team in other ways

Let me know what you guys think.

Posted in the league forum. No reason not to let him shoot himself in the foot if this is a theory he wants to try. Think it is flawed and you stated there are no rules against it.

"Let Them Play! Let Them Play!"
    ;)

Exactly......did the exact same thing last year and it wasn't an issue......for catcher (as with most positions) you have "starter" listed as 1 followed by "no limits"....there is no mention of having to roster a catcher , only that I'm allowed to only start 1 as part of my team each night....so whoever qualifies for whatever position I have sitting on my bench, I have the right to roster whoever I want on any given night (just like you do).... I don't see catcher as a value position so why would I waste a roster position on someone that I have the right to bench every night if I wanted to anyways?(like you do as well) ...By doing so, I'm taking the risk by not throwing one out there every night for offence (the same could be said of any other position that gets thin and not deep, perhaps SS)...it's not my fault i"m still getting batters victories rostering one less player every night.......It was my choice to be smart and learn from playing F Me the last couple of years and invest in pitching for my bench rather than regulars, because I see that as a necessary area of strength.... I'll gladly accept my "punishment" for the lack of clarity (don't see anything about rosters in this thread) and being in 1st place, which I'm sure played into this being such a big issue a month into the season.....and should it have been clarified that "bench" players meant anyone could fill that roster spot (hitters and pitchers) because there is a separate general "pitchers" category that also exists?
    Some league do insist that you have a person on the roster who could potentially fill every spot.
    I disagree with this as a rule and, as you say, the rules never seem to say you actually have to play them.
    Nothing to see here, as far as I am concerned -- there is no rule, so no rule was broken.
    Since Avg isn't a scoring area in this game I see no reason for playing one.

The only position that it can go against right now is the K and that's only one.
  • Options
    I still can't move extra openings into my pitching area.

I can potentially put 4 more pitchers on my roster but can't move the opened spots there. Someone mentioned about it but it didn't make any sense.

Need some help please
  • Options

How do I move the open positions in the middle to my pitching?
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    You don't have to. When the pitchers get picked up it will move the bench spot automatically.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Chris, I checked your roster.

It appears you have should have 1 more player somewhere on your roster.
    Since you have 1 guy on the DL, I am guessing you never added a player when moving him to the DL....but either way you should have 5 combined bench guys.

You also have 2 DL spots and only one occupied, but a load of pitchers on the DL.

You should....go to your team page.

Click on Manage DL

Click on To DL for the guy you want to move to the DL

From there you need to go back to the Add Player instructions that were shared preivously and put claims in on AT LEAST 2 guys. When they ask you who you would like to drop to add, you select NOBODY. This is key -- you have 2 empty roster spots.

I would add 6 guys. This way even if others outbid you, you are still adding 2 guys. Would be shocked if you were outbid all 6 times.

My advice would be to add 2 pitchers./..but that is up to you.

Also -- the reason you cannot move any pitchers into open spots right now? You only have 9 pitchers. They are always starting. Once you get a 10th or 11th pitcher you will see how to move them in and out.

Hope this helps.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Got it!

Thanks
  • Options
    Another question. If you have a bunch of games get rained out so you miss out on AB's and QS etc. How is that fair if the other person had a full schedule?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

Another question. If you have a bunch of games get rained out so you miss out on AB's and QS etc. How is that fair if the other person had a full schedule?

Fantasy baseball. It should balance out when you have make up days and/or doubleheaders -- provided your guys play in the extra games when the schedule condenses. Only so much you can account for and you dont want to have ESPN deciding how to try and balance those scales. (Or -- anything really, ESPN sucks!)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,856
    I want to except the baseball trade from Eric (but i'm sure it would get vetoed by the league).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Yolo
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Thank you Aaron Judge!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

I want to except the baseball trade from Eric (but i'm sure it would get vetoed by the league).

He offering you Pig for a 6 pack?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Pig normally gets traded for a 40. That's an over pay
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Zimmerman and Ramirez is on the block. Ramirez is a stud with multiple position eligibility. Shoot some offers.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,856
    finally won a series and somehow did it with my pitching.  :confounded:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Who has the best team so far?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Sometimes I hate this site.

MaynardSux (Chicago #1) has been rolling everyone they played. I have the second best record. F Me has the 4th best.

It is early though. Just starting week 6 of 19. Lots will change between then and now.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    My team couldn't get to 1st base on pig 
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    ed243421 said:
    My team couldn't get to 1st base on pig 
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

MaynardSux (Chicago #1) has been rolling everyone they played. I have the second best record. F Me has the 4th best.

It is early though. Just starting week 6 of 19. Lots will change between then and now.  
    Yes, it is early and lots of teams are fuckaroo'd with injuries.
    I turned down a trade recently for a pitcher that now is out with Nut Cancer. 
    Great

• Options

Yes, it is early and lots of teams are fuckaroo'd with injuries.
    I turned down a trade recently for a pitcher that now is out with Nut Cancer. 
    Great

I lost 3 days to rain.  My lineup was like a morgue for a few days...
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Baseball sucks. Viva le Hockey!
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Baseball sucks. Viva le Hockey!
    How are your Canadians doing?
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Well two teams are doing well. If you were attempting to make a half assed cracks at my hockey team, it's Canadiens FYI. Otherwise you are just asking how all the citizens of Canada are doing.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Jean Segura!  Thank you!!!

Between him and Judge!
  • Options

Between him and Judge!
    You should try and make some trades, you have some quality hitters on your bench & badly need some healthy pitching. 
    Judge is awesome but likely a Trade High time for him.  Can he really keep this up?
    Dude is a monster.

• Options

Between him and Judge!
    You should try and make some trades, you have some quality hitters on your bench & badly need some healthy pitching. 
    Judge is awesome but likely a Trade High time for him.  Can he really keep this up?
    Dude is a monster.

I screwed up by not being around for the begining of the draft to take pitchers.  I know a lot about rookies and sleepers, hence these two picks so next year I'll do much better.

As for Judge continuing?  Yeah he will.  Not 12 HR's in a month but he will.

Anybody want to trade me some pitchers?
  • Options

Between him and Judge!
    Dude is a monster.

I screwed up by not being around for the begining of the draft to take pitchers.  I know a lot about rookies and sleepers, hence these two picks so next year I'll do much better.

As for Judge continuing?  Yeah he will.  Not 12 HR's in a month but he will.

Anybody want to trade me some pitchers?
    With the injuries I have, I need to hold on to my pitchers. 
  • Options
    I won't trade pitchers for hitters unless it is a lopsided trade in my favor. Its just the way I built my team and doing it would offset my whole strategy. 
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    I won't trade pitchers for hitters unless it is a lopsided trade in my favor. Its just the way I built my team and doing it would offset my whole strategy. 
    If my a-hole pitchers would stop getting hurt I'd be ok...