Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Round 3

124»

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Tremor Christ

I know this poll is based on studio version.
    Don't let this sway your opinion in any way whatsoever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJU6PuaLoNc

Lol...I'm going to pretend I didn't just watch that
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Tremor Christ
    bbiggs said:

I know this poll is based on studio version.
    Don't let this sway your opinion in any way whatsoever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJU6PuaLoNc

Lol...I'm going to pretend I didn't just watch that
    I remember that being a bit ...well..."better" when I originally watched it.

Watch the following quickly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4BObpNQqNo
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    Better Man
    KC138045 said:

rummy said:

Did they play it?
    yeah.,.they did...but sucked cois they scratch RIVAL to play it!!!!!!!!
    Scratching Rival for TC sounds great!!!
    no way..and especially when TC played 67 times live and Rival only 22
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Better Man
    Well, damn it! Last Exit and Not For You are too close to elimination. Looks like Nothingman will survive, unless there are a bunch of last minute hijinks. Unfortunately, people have figured out to wait and then vote "strategically" instead of for the song they would pick if they couldn't see the voting tally so far.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ
    I'm surprised this many don't like Better Man. I used to love Nothingman, but at this point I wouldn't be sad to see it go, it has gotten boring after 20 years. But still love listening to BM.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Better Man
    mace1229 said:

I'm surprised this many don't like Better Man. I used to love Nothingman, but at this point I wouldn't be sad to see it go, it has gotten boring after 20 years. But still love listening to BM.

I still like Better Man, but not more than any of the songs left on the list. Nothingman would be my other choice at this point. I personally don't get the disdain for Tremor. It's a nice change of tone track and the lyrics kill. I also like how on some of the early live versions, Ed extends that "t" emphasis at the end of the song.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Better Man
    rummy said:

Edit. Not sure if posting songs from the 2000 tour is cool around here so I decided to remove my initial post.
    FWIW: It was just a short playlist that included the nine Vitalogy songs that performed at least once during the 2000 tour - a time when these still very raw but still the band still had time to perfect them. The "seamless" playlist goes like so:
    1. Corduroy (Las Vegas)
    2. Last Exit (Sacramento)
    3. Spin The Black Circle (Seattle 1)
    4. Not For You (Mansfield 2)
    5. Tremor Christ (Memphis)
    6. Nothingman (San Bernardino)
    7. Whipping (Woodlands)
    8. Better Man (Kansas City)
    9. Immortality (Toronto)
    Unfortunately, Satan's Bed wasn't played in 2000.
    Again, I'd be happy to share this if anyone's interested - and am allowed to do so.

I was at that Memphis show fifth row. That version of Tremor Christ was really trippy. might've been all the beer and weed I smoked tailgating.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

Tremor Christ
    lolobugg said:

rummy said:

Edit. Not sure if posting songs from the 2000 tour is cool around here so I decided to remove my initial post.
    FWIW: It was just a short playlist that included the nine Vitalogy songs that performed at least once during the 2000 tour - a time when these still very raw but still the band still had time to perfect them. The "seamless" playlist goes like so:
    1. Corduroy (Las Vegas)
    2. Last Exit (Sacramento)
    3. Spin The Black Circle (Seattle 1)
    4. Not For You (Mansfield 2)
    5. Tremor Christ (Memphis)
    6. Nothingman (San Bernardino)
    7. Whipping (Woodlands)
    8. Better Man (Kansas City)
    9. Immortality (Toronto)
    Unfortunately, Satan's Bed wasn't played in 2000.
    Again, I'd be happy to share this if anyone's interested - and am allowed to do so.

I was at that Memphis show fifth row. That version of Tremor Christ was really trippy. might've been all the beer and weed I smoked tailgating.
    Tremor Christ
    ...and my all-time favourite version of Better Man:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,816
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

romanza intro is awesome!!! I wish ed would bring that back.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

What version is this? - AWESOME.
    Run aways give me the chills everytime I listen to it.
    Have you guys heard the 2005 Calgary Betterman - my favourite just outstanding.
    Not sure how to post a song.
    Tremor Christ

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

What version is this? - AWESOME.
    Run aways give me the chills everytime I listen to it.
    The one I posted is from Kansas City 2000. It's my absolute favourite. It's got the "Romanza" intro... Ed sings the entire intro...a nice, upbeat, extended "Save It For Later" tag...perfection.

Tremor Christ
    Looking very close. Not too sure how many "last minute hold outs" there are but FOUR songs might have to go this round!
  • whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

Looking very close. Not too sure how many "last minute hold outs" there are but FOUR songs might have to go this round!

Say it ain't so! One of Last Exit or Not For You deserves to be in the big dance. I don't even care which, but please don't cut them both out
    Tremor Christ

rummy said:

Say it ain't so! One of Last Exit or Not For You deserves to be in the big dance. I don't even care which, but please don't cut them both out
    If they both go (along with Betterman and Tremor Christ) I assume that the remaining three will face off in the finals. However, if four songs make it through, I think there are still two more rounds to go.
    Tremor Christ

mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

Listening to that Calgary version as I type this post...

...very nice intro...Ed sings the whole thing (awesome)....love the extended pause before "She lies and says she's in love with him." Gets the crowd going....
    ....really holds that "Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn" nicely before the "whoas"...
    ...Stone's really playing his acoustic aggressively (I like it)...
    ...not as long of a "Save it For Later" tag as some but lots of energy/passion in it.

Great version. Thanks for pointing it out.
  • Tremor Christ
    It's strange how there are ties like this and a few holdouts that say they will wait and see.
    A last minute vote eliminating a song in a tight race is fishy. It's not like they didn't have days to vote.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,928
    Tremor Christ
    mcgruff10 said:

rummy said:

That was f'n awesome!
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ

It's strange how there are ties like this and a few holdouts that say they will wait and see.
    A last minute vote eliminating a song in a tight race is fishy. It's not like they didn't have days to vote.

It's a small commentary on something bigger in this world, isn't it?

Admittedly, I tried to do something similar to this near the end of the "Ten" tournament as I was hoping to get Alive into the final round and voted against Black (even though I prefer it to Once which was also still in it). However, I couldn't see the polling results....and karma got the best of me as Alive still didn't make it through (even though it is arguably their most "epic" song).
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Immortality

:rofl: You getting all huffy about how others folks behave on the forum. :rofl:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Tremor Christ

:rofl: You getting all huffy about how others folks behave on the forum. :rofl:
    I might defend you but you're likely going to vote against Immortality so I can't...
    Immortality
    Fuck it, there is no saving my favorite song. Voted for the one I want to see gone the most.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ
    Shit! Time's up!...and three songs are tied at 20!!!!!!

Well, I guess it'll be an easy round 4 vote for me.
    Post edited by rummy on
    Immortality
    rummy said:

Do what's right and vote for Immortality, you know you want to.

edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ

rummy said:

Do what's right and vote for Immortality, you know you want to.
    Never. I want to live for ever!

(Edit: Strike that last comment. It's sounds like I'm rooting for the theme song from "Fame.")
    Tremor Christ
    I Just started paying attention to this poll and compeltely missed 10 and vs. Was going back, and wtf?
    Now I know I cant trust these results, how does WMA beat out Dissident and Glorified G (even Rats for that matter)? Vs is my favorite album, and they are almost all strong songs, but that was a little fishy. The only redeeming factor was RVM is my second all time favorite song, so at least you got the winner right. Its like picking the winner in the championship, but somehow got all the rest of your bracket wrong.
    10 had some fishy results too. Cant trust this thread!
    I can feel okay losing Last Exit this round knowing the previous results!
    Tremor Christ
    mace1229 said:

I Just started paying attention to this poll and compeltely missed 10 and vs. Was going back, and wtf?
    Now I know I cant trust these results, how does WMA beat out Dissident and Glorified G (even Rats for that matter)? Vs is my favorite album, and they are almost all strong songs, but that was a little fishy. The only redeeming factor was RVM is my second all time favorite song, so at least you got the winner right. Its like picking the winner in the championship, but somehow got all the rest of your bracket wrong.

I think it's all okay. Really.

Songs like Even Flow and Jeremy likely went out a bit (too) early due to some people around here thinking they get overplayed at shows. I can appreciate that. Diehards like the lesser known songs...they're "ours" where as the songs on the radio are for the masses. Sometimes I think this is the reason that No Code is as popular around here as it is.

As for WMA, I think it's seen a bit if a resurgence (at least for me, it has) since it finally got some love during last year's tour. It's still a pretty decent tune, as well. I agree with you, however, that I was very surprised to see Dissident go in the first round.

• Tremor Christ
    Does anyone remember what album Rival and NAIS is on?
    I can't wait to vote for those.
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

mace1229 said:

I think it's all okay. Really.

Songs like Even Flow and Jeremy likely went out a bit (too) early due to some people around here thinking they get overplayed at shows. I can appreciate that. Diehards like the lesser known songs...they're "ours" where as the songs on the radio are for the masses. Sometimes I think this is the reason that No Code is as popular around here as it is.

As for WMA, I think it's seen a bit if a resurgence (at least for me, it has) since it finally got some love during last year's tour. It's still a pretty decent tune, as well. I agree with you, however, that I was very surprised to see Dissident go in the first round.

I get excited when I hear NC because you're lucky if 2 or 3 are played off it at a show anymore. That's the only downside to 10 studio albums, some wont get any representation anymore. After the next album, you know 5 or 6 from each show will be frmo it, so that means 20 songs are divided among 10 albums and several covers.
    But still, WMA?! WMA and Tremor Christ should go hang out on an island together somewhere. They got a lot in common.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    This poll has ended. 4 songs eliminated
    Last Exit, Not For You, Better Man, and Tremor Christ
This discussion has been closed.