Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: Vitalogy, Round 3

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,883
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

Aw, like Jeremy and Even Flow earlier, Bman deserves more respect.

Absolutely. It got played as much as it did and became as big a hit as it did because it's a great song that people love.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Last Exit
    I honestly can't say that I think any Pearl Jam song sucks. Yes many I love and many I like. There are even couple that I don't like. However I understand musical and lyrical composition enough and have such tremendous respect for the artists that I personally would never make that statement.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Tremor Christ
    ^ I'm not a musician, but well said and agreed.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Tremor Christ

I honestly can't say that I think any Pearl Jam song sucks. Yes many I love and many I like. There are even couple that I don't like. However I understand musical and lyrical composition enough and have such tremendous respect for the artists that I personally would never make that statement.

There s plenty of Pearl Jam songs that suck and the band knows it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    Nothingman
    getting tough
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,387
    Last Exit
    This is where the fun starts
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    Nothingman
    No quick decision for me here. I gotta do some thinking. Leaning towards Nothingman.

These songs are the core of this album and it's a great album.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Last Exit
    mcgruff10 said:

Really? They know it? Do tell. How do you possess that knowledge?

I actually don't think I'd say any of them "suck". As @shetellsherself said, some I don't like.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ

mcgruff10 said:

I actually don't think I'd say any of them "suck". As @shetellsherself said, some I don't like.
    I'm pretty sure Sweet Lew won't survive round 1.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    Easy like Sunday morning
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    Tremor Christ

mcgruff10 said:

ed has admitted at shows that "dirty frank" is a crappy song. I'm guessing a lot of songs are not played because the band knows they aren't good. Take "get right" for instance. There was a one show protest to play that song...ed said he didn't remember the lyrics. Now you would figure after that they'd probably play it the next show but they haven't.
    I recall at philly 1 last year Ed saying something along the lines of "we won't be playing that one again" after in the moon light.
    You really think the band thinks sweet lew and stupid mop are quality songs?
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Tremor Christ
    mcgruff10 said:

True. However, aside from the four songs we voted off in round 1, nothing from 1991-1995 sucks.

Well, maybe one could make an argument against DF.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Tremor Christ
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

ed has admitted at shows that "dirty frank" is a crappy song. I'm guessing a lot of songs are not played because the band knows they aren't good. Take "get right" for instance. There was a one show protest to play that song...ed said he didn't remember the lyrics. Now you would figure after that they'd probably play it the next show but they haven't.
    I recall at philly 1 last year Ed saying something along the lines of "we won't be playing that one again" after in the moon light.
    In the moonlight rocks!!! Probably tough to nail live, but not a sucky song.

Pjfans just trolling, don't take him too seriously.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    Nothingman
    Woah! Slow down on the Not For You votes people!!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Last Exit
    rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I agree with everything said here.

I don't know how others are viewing their votes here, but I'm a songwriter like the poster a couple up. I will gladly acknowledge that nothing I have done or will ever do could compare to the band's weakest song. But I'm looking at these musically, lyrically, production wise and structurally. That's where I think songs like Nothingman show their strength. So I'm not going off of my favorite song or whatever. I think we are all looking at this from different angles and coming up with really interesting results- to me that's fucking awesome and says a ton about the quality of music we get and our ears as fans.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    Can I please get a reply: Will round 4 be the final round?
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

True. However, aside from the four songs we voted off in round 1, nothing from 1991-1995 sucks.

Well, maybe one could make an argument against DF.
    Totally agree. The first three albums are near perfection.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I don't know how others are viewing their votes here, but I'm a songwriter like the poster a couple up. I will gladly acknowledge that nothing I have done or will ever do could compare to the band's weakest song. But I'm looking at these musically, lyrically, production wise and structurally. That's where I think songs like Nothingman show their strength. So I'm not going off of my favorite song or whatever. I think we are all looking at this from different angles and coming up with really interesting results- to me that's fucking awesome and says a ton about the quality of music we get and our ears as fans.
    blah, blah, blah
    That still does not make TC quality music.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    rummy said:

No
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Last Exit

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

blah, blah, blah
    Excuse me? With the blah, blah, blah?

Dude, I'm with you. TC is possibly one of my least favorite PJ songs. It's right there with Gone for the absolute worst.
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    MedozK said:

rummy said:

No
    You monster.
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    MedozK said:

rummy said:

No
    Could it not be if some strategic voting were to occur at the 11th hour. Five could be gone this round...?
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ

Yes
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Last Exit
    Not for you till the end!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Better Man
    rummy said:

Did they play it?
    yeah.,.they did...but sucked cois they scratch RIVAL to play it!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,938
    Better Man

rummy said:

Did they play it?
    Rival doesn't rock live anyways.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ

rgambs said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

blah, blah, blah
    Go away, troll.
    Post edited by rgambs on
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Tremor Christ

rummy said:

Did they play it?
    Scratching Rival for TC sounds great!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    KC138045 said:

rummy said:

Did they play it?
    Scratching Rival for TC sounds great!!!
    Play them both!!!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    edited March 2017
    Better Man
    mfc2006 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Fairly easy choice. I could have gone with Better Man, but I suppose Nothingman is a bit more boring.
    I had no idea most people don't love Tremor Christ - I'm really surprised.

You're surprised most people don't love it?
    The song sucks.
    I'd love to hear what kind of song you could write.
    :lol:
    I'm sure it would be something pretentious

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

This discussion has been closed.