PJ/EV address HOF/drummers

Comments

• NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    NewJPage said:
    This just keeps going off the rails. They're going to have to throw money at it or this may become part of the PJ legacy as well. A possible solution is for the band to buy the banquet tickets for the other drummers and have them sit at another table. They want to do the decent thing, but I'm sure they didn't work 25 years to have the most awkward night of their lives.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited March 2017
    *Daves phone rings*

DAVE: Yeah, hi.

EDDIE: Uhm.. hello...Am I speaking to Dave... Dave Abb...abberuz...Abbie...Abb...

DAVE: Abbruzzese.

EDDIE: Yeah. Right. This is Ed. Ed Vedder.

DAVE: Hi...

EDDIE: So... uhm... I've ditched my wife for the Hall of Fame thing and... you wanna be my date?

12 hours later:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    edited March 2017
    @DaveKrusen Just posted a photo @ Seattle Airport

Post edited by demetrios on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    demetrios said:

Part of me hopes they record new stuff
    I miss igotid88
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    igotid88 said:

demetrios said:

with their old drummer? why would they do that?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

igotid88 said:

demetrios said:

maybe for a holiday single or something
    I miss igotid88
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I'm sure Krusen is in Seattle often since he was born and raised in the area (although I believe he lives in LA now). He probably flies into Seattle pretty often, so I'm not sure it really means anything. He may be meeting up with his Candlebox band mates to rehearse and head off to play some shows.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

I'm sure Krusen is in Seattle often since he was born and raised in the area (although I believe he lives in LA now). He probably flies into Seattle pretty often, so I'm not sure it really means anything. He may be meeting up with his Candlebox band mates to rehearse and head off to play some shows.

he's not in Candlebox anymore
    I miss igotid88
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    igotid88 said:

jeffbr said:

Really? When did he leave? I must have totally missed that. I know he rejoined after Scott Mercado left in 2015, and I believe he played on their latest album Disappearing in Airports. Didn't know he left. Any idea who is drumming for them now?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited March 2017
    jeffbr said:

igotid88 said:

jeffbr said:

Really? When did he leave? I must have totally missed that. I know he rejoined after Scott Mercado left in 2015, and I believe he played on their latest album Disappearing in Airports. Didn't know he left. Any idea who is drumming for them now?
    I think the drummer he previously replaced
    I miss igotid88
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/03/rock_hall_2017_pearl_jam_to_re.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - When Pearl Jam invited its former drummers to next week's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony it wasn't just for a seat at a table and a few drinks.

It looks like original Drummer Dave Krusen will take the stage not only to give a speech (He's being inducted with the band), but to perform as well. Krusen dropped a massive hint about rehearsing with the band on his Instagram page when he recently arrived in Seattle.

More hints come in a new interview with Alternative Nation: "It's a whirlwind of emotions," Krusen said. "It's very exciting, it's something I never expected, I'm totally honored, and I can't wait to go there and do a speech, and do WHATEVER WE'RE DOING there. I can't wait."

Krusen is being inducted with Pearl Jam, alongside Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament and current drummer Matt Cameron. The band also invited former drummers Matt Chamberlain, Jack Irons and Dave Abbruzzese to attend, even though they aren't being inducted with the band.

Krusen played on just one Pearl Jam album, but it was their landmark debut "Ten." Thus, we can expect him to play a song from that album (Probably "Even Flow," "Alive" or even "Black") during the April 7 ceremony in Brooklyn, N.Y.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

demetrios said:

That would be awesome! A huge change from the Beyonce & Jay Z compilations these past few Christmas singles.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/03/rock_hall_2017_pearl_jam_to_re.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - When Pearl Jam invited its former drummers to next week's Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Ceremony it wasn't just for a seat at a table and a few drinks.

It looks like original Drummer Dave Krusen will take the stage not only to give a speech (He's being inducted with the band), but to perform as well. Krusen dropped a massive hint about rehearsing with the band on his Instagram page when he recently arrived in Seattle.

More hints come in a new interview with Alternative Nation: "It's a whirlwind of emotions," Krusen said. "It's very exciting, it's something I never expected, I'm totally honored, and I can't wait to go there and do a speech, and do WHATEVER WE'RE DOING there. I can't wait."

Krusen is being inducted with Pearl Jam, alongside Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard, Mike McCready, Jeff Ament and current drummer Matt Cameron. The band also invited former drummers Matt Chamberlain, Jack Irons and Dave Abbruzzese to attend, even though they aren't being inducted with the band.

Krusen played on just one Pearl Jam album, but it was their landmark debut "Ten." Thus, we can expect him to play a song from that album (Probably "Even Flow," "Alive" or even "Black") during the April 7 ceremony in Brooklyn, N.Y.

I'm ready to put money down Dave A wont be there :(

Fuck. This was the chance.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    demetrios said:

igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:

demetrios said:

That would be awesome! A huge change from the Beyonce & Jay Z compilations these past few Christmas singles.
    yea i know he's there to rehearse a song or 2. but like what if they just start going off script and start jamming and something new comes out of it? Wishful thinking I know.
    I miss igotid88
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946

I'm ready to put money down Dave A wont be there :(

Fuck. This was the chance.

Probably not. That can't be easy. It was pretty obvious that being inducted was something that meant a lot to him. I'm not sure how easy it is to attend something, but only get to watch and not be a part of it.
    when the band put out that release that they were excited to see all their old drummers, that was nothing more than window dressing. I mean, how many of those guys can afford the price tag attached to that? if you're going to go as far to as say that, you should have bought tickets for the other guys.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,395

when the band put out that release that they were excited to see all their old drummers, that was nothing more than window dressing. I mean, how many of those guys can afford the price tag attached to that? if you're going to go as far to as say that, you should have bought tickets for the other guys.

Now they have to pay for them too?

What about their SO's? Them too?

Should PJ pay $40K to placate their fans who have no idea what went on behind the scenes? What if Matt Chamberlain changes his mind? Now they’re up to $60K to have the 3 drummers & their SOs at this event to keep a few fans happy?

Come on.

Should PJ pay $40K to placate their fans who have no idea what went on behind the scenes? What if Matt Chamberlain changes his mind? Now they’re up to $60K to have the 3 drummers & their SOs at this event to keep a few fans happy?

Come on.

no, they don't have to. they had zero obligation to say "we look forward to seeing them". I'm saying if you are going to do that, and make it seem like it's those former member(s) choice to not attend, when in reality it's because they aren't rich enough to attend, pony up. you don't invite people to a party you know they can't get to because of financials. that's in poor taste.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited March 2017
    100 Pacer said:

As mentioned earlier, perhaps Dave was expecting the band to pull a Jerry Garcia and insist he be inducted as well?

That's what I'm assuming. Dave A had his panties in a twist because he wasn't getting inducted (and for some reason decided to blame the band and yeah, I suppose wanted them to boycott or god knows what, hahaha), not because he wasn't invited to sit at a table. Either way, I think it's kind of hilarious that he refused to go.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

100 Pacer said:

As mentioned earlier, perhaps Dave was expecting the band to pull a Jerry Garcia and insist he be inducted as well?

That's what I'm assuming. Dave A had his panties in a twist because he wasn't getting inducted (and for some reason decided to blame the band and yeah, I suppose wanted them to boycott or god knows what, hahaha), not because he wasn't invited to sit at a table. Either way, I think it's kind of hilarious that he refused to go.
    did he refuse? I didn't read that.

he probably doesn't have the thousands of dollars to throw away.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Come on.

no, they don't have to. they had zero obligation to say "we look forward to seeing them". I'm saying if you are going to do that, and make it seem like it's those former member(s) choice to not attend, when in reality it's because they aren't rich enough to attend, pony up. you don't invite people to a party you know they can't get to because of financials. that's in poor taste.
    I don't know that it's PJ's responsibility to make sure they can afford to attend before offering an open invitation to them. Seems to be a damned if you do, damned if you don't around here. Everyone except Dave A. quit the band of their own free will so why is it expected to have them pay for their tickets? Maybe the R&R HOF should have offered a free seat for the past members it excluded. Pearl Jam didn't organize or select who got inducted.
    It's a hopeless situation...

PJ_Soul said:

100 Pacer said:

He did indeed. I don't even remember why he said, but he decline the invite, Yeah, sure, it could be because he can't afford to fly to NYC I guess. I hope he's not that broke, but it's possible, what with the drugs and whatnot. I actually suspect that it's just because it's too awkward after all his complaining, but who knows. Of course, he could change his mind and show up. Hey, maybe he'll crash the speeches or something. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

100 Pacer said:

He did indeed. I don't even remember why he said, but he decline the invite, Yeah, sure, it could be because he can't afford to fly to NYC I guess. I hope he's not that broke, but it's possible, what with the drugs and whatnot. I actually suspect that it's just because it's too awkward after all his complaining, but who knows. Of course, he could change his mind and show up. Hey, maybe he'll crash the speeches or something. :lol:
    I have not seen that. There was a fake dave a that Said he wasn't going, but that was a fake dave a
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,395

Come on.

You're right, they had zero obligation, but fans were shitting canaries over 'Poor Dave A' getting snubbed. (how many threads popped up in the forum in the aftermath of the announcement?) People wanted Dave A to at the very least be acknowledged if he wasn't going to get inducted.

Maybe to placate the fans, (or maybe because they believe it) they release a statement saying they look forward to seeing all their past drummers there to celebrate with them, but that's not good enough for you, because literally, Poor Dave A.

First it was poor taste to not invite them. (There was a thread here imploring the band to 'do the right thing' because people here are presumptuous enough to think they know what the 'right thing' is)

Now it's poor taste to invite them but not pay for their ticket?

I have a feeling if they paid for his ticket, but didn't invite him to join them on stage you would complain about that too.

Yes / No?

What would make you happy? What would restore your faith in this band?
  • stevedsteved Posts: 651
    edited March 2017
    I agree in extremely bad taste to write the letter and not take care of the expense to ensure they can be there. They did NOT have to write the letter. The letter is like saying to a fan. We are having a drawing for a trip for a show to see in Alaska and you have won two tickets but in the fine print " airfare and hotel not included" Either do it, or don't. The band can afford it. Do the correct thing... They are all about speaking about their causes and morals and ethics. This is a perfect opportunity to place principles before personalities.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

NewJPage said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

100 Pacer said:

I have not seen that. There was a fake dave a that Said he wasn't going, but that was a fake dave a
    Really? Well I don't know if what I read was real Dave A news or fake Dave A news, lol. Surely the guy had some reaction after all that public bitching.
This discussion has been closed.