rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    edited March 2017
    Pry, To
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

That's actually my favorite PJ song of all time lol
    Certainly the best song on Vitalogy! But pay no attention to PJFan - knowing him, he's just saying that to bug people, lol. ;)
    Actually it's true. Tremor Christ is meh for me. I have listened to all songs on tape equally because when I first got it I listened to the full album over and over again for months (I calculate about a billion times) and TC never really stuck but I listened to it anyway.
    Aye Dav however is a neat little snippet that I don't skip when it comes on after all these years.
    Tremor Christ is pretty damn boring. That and satans bed are my two least favorite "songs" off vitalogy.
    Are you including Bugs? It's always a grey area with that one.
    Working backwards, for me it'd be:
    10. Satan's Bed
    9. Tremor Christ (still a good tune).
    2. Corduroy
    1. Immortality
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Stupid Mop
    rummy said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

Certainly the best song on Vitalogy! But pay no attention to PJFan - knowing him, he's just saying that to bug people, lol. ;)
    Actually it's true. Tremor Christ is meh for me. I have listened to all songs on tape equally because when I first got it I listened to the full album over and over again for months (I calculate about a billion times) and TC never really stuck but I listened to it anyway.
    Aye Dav however is a neat little snippet that I don't skip when it comes on after all these years.
    Tremor Christ is pretty damn boring. That and satans bed are my two least favorite "songs" off vitalogy.
    Are you including Bugs? It's always a grey area with that one.
    Working backwards, for me it'd be:
    10. Satan's Bed
    9. Tremor Christ...
    2. Corduroy
    1. Immortality
    Definitely not including bugs.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Stupid Mop
    PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

Hey! Very cool you think so too about TC on that record. Once again we have very similar taste.

And yeah, I was laughing during Bugs at Wrigley too, so you weren't alone ;) I've always thought it was a cool song and awesome to see him having fun bringing it to life. Same in Philly '09.

By the way, hi!
  • Options
    Bugs

Tremor Christ? Seriously?

TC, Not For You, and Corduroy are the three best songs of this album for me. Nothingman, Better Man, Last Exit, and Immortality are all special tunes as well (just a notch below the aforementioned).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Stupid Mop
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

Crazy talk. Tremors is one of Ed's best vocals.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Aye Davanita
    I've never skipped Mophandlemama.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Stupid Mop
    Tremor Christ is fucking greatness.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Bugs
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Tremor Christ
    On the off chance the band reads this forum thread we will never hear the current weakest links from Vitalogy live.

• Options
    Stupid Mop

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

Crazy talk. Tremors is one of Ed's best vocals.
    I guess but it s still a boring live song.
  • Options
    Pry, To
    MedozK said:

Note - we are eliminating 4 songs in the 1st round.

Will another four songs go in round 2?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pry, To
    Delete post
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    Tremor Christ
    rummy said:

MedozK said:

Note - we are eliminating 4 songs in the 1st round.

Will another four songs go in round 2?
    Good question.
    OP what is your line of thinking from here on in?
    You have your cut off time but what is the cut for songs going forward?
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 283
    edited March 2017
    Stupid Mop
    So one of you would rather listen to Bugs, Pry to, Foxy Mop Handle, and Aye Davanita, rather than Tremor Christ? okay....lol.
    Post edited by seanwon on
    1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    Pry, To
    I can appreciate that four rounds per album is enough so, assuming no ties, my guess is four songs go during the first two rounds, three in the third round, leaving three songs left to duke it out in the final round.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,278
    Pry, To
    mfc2006 said:

Ain't that the truth!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Pry, To
    My favorite album..Not for you for winner!!!!..easy couple rounds..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    Pry, To
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

october22 said:

Tremor Christ is meh.

Blasphemous..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Stupid Mop
    Call me crazy..
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 527
    Last Exit
    Like a complete idiot, I definitely just voted Last Exit on accident, as it's my favorite song.....

I vote for Aye Davanita.

Sorry OP!
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    tunodamaitunodamai Posts: 74
    Stupid Mop
    I'll listen to all the rest but this one only here and there.
    It makes much more sense to live......in the present tense.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Stupid Mop
    Immortality for the win!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Stupid Mop

yes!!!!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Stupid Mop

Agreed. Corduroy very close 2nd...very close. Not for you 3rd
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    Stupid Mop
    mfc2006 said:

+1
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Stupid Mop
    If tremor Christ (one if eds best vocals and in general bad ass-est songs) goes out in the first round bc we are voting out 4 songs in this round and 1 FREAKING PERSON voted for it.... seriously this is just not right. A song should not be eliminated bc of 1 vote. Why 4 songs this round? Clearly we know the 3 that will go. Wouldn't it be more fair to pit the ACTUAL SONGS after those 3 are out against each other????
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,783
    Stupid Mop

If tremor Christ (one if eds best vocals and in general bad ass-est songs) goes out in the first round bc we are voting out 4 songs in this round and 1 FREAKING PERSON voted for it.... seriously this is just not right. A song should not be eliminated bc of 1 vote. Why 4 songs this round? Clearly we know the 3 that will go. Wouldn't it be more fair to pit the ACTUAL SONGS after those 3 are out against each other????

Oh god. Nevermind. I see at least 2 people commented a vote for bugs. Phew. Geez. Panic attack averted.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Bugs has more votes than TC right now
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pry, To
    bbiggs said:

Agreed. Corduroy very close 2nd...very close. Not for you 3rd
    There really are a lot of intelligent people on this forum, aren't there!? :)
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Pry, To

Oh god. Nevermind. I see at least 2 people commented a vote for bugs. Phew. Geez. Panic attack averted.
    The four songs in the "lead" have no business making it past round 1 - and it looks like they won't. I'm looking forward to seeing how round 2 (and beyond) plays out.
This discussion has been closed.