Options

Thunderpussy Band w/ Mike McCready

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,742

Produced by Mike McCready (who also appears on both tracks!) 

2 Versions: 

-Limited Solid Gold 

-Limited Black with Gold Splatter 

"Thunderpussy is my favorite new band and it was an honor to work with them on these songs! 'Velvet Noose' is an amazing and catchy rock song that deserves to be heard. Live, they have an incredible energy with amazing musicianship. All four women are as talented as they come." - Mike McCready 

SKU: 7135 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,110
    hmm which colour to buy?
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,959
    Zod said:
    hmm which colour to buy?
    Both
  • Options
    Zod said:
    hmm which colour to buy?
    Both

• Options
    lol, I rarely do that.  I'm usually good with 1 of everything (except with PJ vinyl where I tend to own OP's and reissues).
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I am already committed to the collection of the label... so I had to buy both.
  • Options
    Still available!
  • Options
    Limited Black with Gold Splatter sold out! 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Limited Black with Gold Splatter sold out! 
    lol.  I chose the wrong one :)
  • Options
    bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 183
    demetrios said:
    Ha, that's awesome! That's my friend with the baby down front at 15:02.
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    She reminds me allot of Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders.
    Love this band. Got both copies.
    Great job on this one Mike McCready.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    Limited Solid Gold vinyl still available.
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    I'm such an idiot! When I ordered I was wasn't paying attention that choosing Color was the gold one. Thought it was sold out and the choice defaulted to Color where it once said Gold. Oh well, got the splatter.
  • Options
    Black vinyl is back in stock, found a few copies, go get 'em.
    slh
  • Options
    Black vinyl is back in stock, found a few copies, go get 'em.
    slh
    Sweet!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I'm in.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Got mine.

9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    Black vinyl arrived in the UK today.
  • Options
    DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Black w/ splatter sold out again! 
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    I see that they're taking donations for their debut album on their website. I would gladly pre-order a signed copy or something, a la PledgeMusic. I wonder why they don't go that route and get more exposure. I'm not sure what PM takes for their cut either, maybe that's why not.
  • Options
    I see that they're taking donations for their debut album on their website. I would gladly pre-order a signed copy or something, a la PledgeMusic. I wonder why they don't go that route and get more exposure. I'm not sure what PM takes for their cut either, maybe that's why not.
    Oh me too. They could also include names of those who donate in their credits like many artists do these day's when needing help making / releasing an album.

https://secure.squarespace.com/commerce/donate?donatePageId=579bf9a28419c2591c5092ca

Your Contribution

Become a Philanthropuss, a Thunder Funder, a Sugar Pussy, if you will. We have just finished recording our debut record with legendary producer and sonic architect, Sylvia Massy. Now begins the journey of mixing, mastering, pressing, promoting-- and all the trails and tribulations of making ART. This shit ain't cheap, ya'll... every little bit helps and we are asking YOU to help in any way you can!!

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    demetrios said:
    Oh me too. They could also include names of those who donate in their credits like many artists do these day's when needing help making / releasing an album.

https://secure.squarespace.com/commerce/donate?donatePageId=579bf9a28419c2591c5092ca

Your Contribution

Become a Philanthropuss, a Thunder Funder, a Sugar Pussy, if you will. We have just finished recording our debut record with legendary producer and sonic architect, Sylvia Massy. Now begins the journey of mixing, mastering, pressing, promoting-- and all the trails and tribulations of making ART. This shit ain't cheap, ya'll... every little bit helps and we are asking YOU to help in any way you can!!

They are pretty well known in the Seattle area. Are they not on a label? and if so, Where is the advance?
  • Options
    I think they were on HockeyTalkter Records just for the single? Correct me if I'm wrong there. But even if they have a label for the full album, the industry has changed so much that advances are nowhere near what they used to be. That's why sites like PledgeMusic have taken off. They take a flat 15% of all sales which I don't think is too crazy, considering the artists retain all music rights. I don't even want to think of how much money I've spent on that site. 
  • Options
    I read that they recently signed with Universal. Can't find the article though.
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    Just got my gold splatter in the mail today. But our lousy mailman bent the thing in half to make it fit into a 5" condo mailbox. Will be filing a complaint with Canada Post today.

Guess there's no chance of replacing it now ..ugh!!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Just got my gold splatter in the mail today. But our lousy mailman bent the thing in half to make it fit into a 5" condo mailbox. Will be filing a complaint with Canada Post today.

Doesn't hurt to ask 10c, you never know.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options

That's frickin' tragic! Sorry you have a dumbass postman. 

My guy sucks too, lazy and unfriendly. Always paranoid he is going to cram something fragile in the mailbox or leave it out in the weather.