EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 525
    really wouldn't want to know how much PJ has cost me over the last 25 yrs
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • DavieBDavieB Posts: 222
    Great news, really happy for those who will have an opportunity to make these shows.

I was lucky enough to travel to Manchester to see EV in 2012 and it remains one of the best concert experiences I've had.

I am a little disappointed I won't make these, but that's my own fault. I was secretly hoping the London dates would fall on the last week of June when I have a pre-booked trip! =)

Also once again disappointed no Scotland date! Edinburgh Playhouse, Glasgow Armadillo, Glasgow Royal Concert Hall all would have been fine choices. But that disappointment isn't anything new.

To all those who go - enjoy! I wonder who the special guests will be in London this time round...
  • arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Current drawing. Does it mean im not in the drawing. Im 10 c member.
  • leebug87leebug87 Posts: 92
    Dercheef said:

There is no draw for Cork.

thanks, I see that now. Yikes, these prices are crazy! That Sicily show looks amazing though...
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
  • Wal10Wal10 Posts: 4
    Wow can anyone from Ten club explain why so pricey? Think it was 75 pounds last time for the same show! thought that was expensive.
  • sebcitysebcity Ireland Posts: 35
    JojoRice said:

Ticket odds are now up. 99% across the board right now!

Where can you see the odds?
    EV Solo - Dublin 2017
    Berlin 2018
    EV Solo - Dublin 2019
    Imola 2020 
    Imola 2022
  • Hum... 230€ for a level 2 ticket in Antwerp. Is it a fucking joke?!?!?
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    sebcity said:

JojoRice said:

Ticket odds are now up. 99% across the board right now!

Where can you see the odds?
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/tickets/upcoming-shows

click on Ticket Odds
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Can someone help me? On tickets section of 10 says current drawing? Does it mean im not in drawing?
  • Hum... 230€ for a level 2 ticket in Antwerp. Is it a fucking joke?!?!?

Ha ok it's for two tickets. FUCKING INSANE ANYWAY!!
    edited March 2017
    JojoRice said:

click on Ticket Odds

Got it, thanks. So that means you're 99% likely to get a ticket?
    EV Solo - Dublin 2017
    Berlin 2018
    EV Solo - Dublin 2019
    Imola 2020 
    Imola 2022
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    sebcity said:

JojoRice said:

click on Ticket Odds

Got it, thanks. So that means you're 99% likely to get a ticket?
    Correct. Just remember the drawing is for a pair of tickets.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Yep. Brilliant, thanks
    EV Solo - Dublin 2017
    Berlin 2018
    EV Solo - Dublin 2019
    Imola 2020 
    Imola 2022
    when do you pay for the show? at show day or after the drawing?
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907
    Take this with a grain of salt :

Alive Tours (a well known concert excursion company in lisbon) just posted this on their facebook page

Fiquem atentos, pois haverá mais uma surpresa para este Verão! which means "Stay Tuned for there will be one more surprise this Summer!"

I asked them if it was an outside excursion or indoors(meaning in portugal) and they said indoors or they would do the nearest show (which i dont think its possible because the neareest show is italy lol)
  • IS186753IS186753 Posts: 1
    Amsterdam: 280 euro for two tickets, someone is terrible mistaken. :s:o
  • NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    300 for 2 tics in Amsterdam. I think that's a good deal. Plus some dough left over for weed. Woo Hoo. Never been to Amsterdam!! I am psyched!!
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236

rock4ever said:

£100 per ticket for London
    one hundred pounds

ONE HUNDRED POUNDS PER TICKET.
    :o

hahahahahahahahaha

Think Ill see what general sale prices are, £100 is a fucking Joke
    General sale is £100 give or take as well.
    OH Fuck - not sure - dont think I even paid that at Wrigley last year
  • rock4everrock4ever Posts: 236
    Roeland said:

demetrios said:

Oh wow! 160 CDN for a single ticket to see Ed in the UK? That's alot of mula.

Pretty sure 5 years ago it was about £50.
    Insanity.

Wont be at either of the shows for that price.
    I'd be gutted if I had to pay £100 for a full 3 hour Pearl Jam show
    In 2012 it was 172 USD for a 10C pair at the Apollo. This years are 245 USD or an increase by 42% :o
    And the $ rate is shit also.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    cant wait!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    There is a presale for Cork 10C fans - how does that work?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    wow..taormina .must be the epic of the epic venue ever eddie played..i mean.....
    view at night....and u can see the etna volcano!!!!!!

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Spags said:

Was 100% in..saw the ticket price...I'm out.

what price would you pay?
  • just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,907

Spags said:

between 45-60€ is the right price
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722

"Cork, Ireland Pre-sale Tickets: Ticketmaster Ireland will be holding a Ten Club only pre-sale starting on Thursday, March 9th at 9am GMT / 10am CET / 6am PST ending on Friday, March 10th at 8am GMT / 9am CET / 5am PST unless sold out sooner. To access this pre-sale you will need the pre-sale link and password. Ten Club will post the link and password in the Ten Club news section of the site one hour before the pre-sale starts, Thursday March 9th at 8am GMT / 9am CET / 5am PST. A limited amount of tickets are being held in both seated and GA standing areas for this festival. Anyone found sharing this info with non-Ten Club Members will lose all future ticketing privileges."
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    emjot said:

"Cork, Ireland Pre-sale Tickets: Ticketmaster Ireland will be holding a Ten Club only pre-sale starting on Thursday, March 9th at 9am GMT / 10am CET / 6am PST ending on Friday, March 10th at 8am GMT / 9am CET / 5am PST unless sold out sooner. To access this pre-sale you will need the pre-sale link and password. Ten Club will post the link and password in the Ten Club news section of the site one hour before the pre-sale starts, Thursday March 9th at 8am GMT / 9am CET / 5am PST. A limited amount of tickets are being held in both seated and GA standing areas for this festival. Anyone found sharing this info with non-Ten Club Members will lose all future ticketing privileges."
    See you at the Tent ;)
    edited March 2017
    just_one said:

Spags said:

between 45-60€ is the right price
    Why is that the right price when he could sell the venue out at 150€? This is a philosophical discussion at the end of the day. Is Eddie required to sell based on the net worth of his fans? What if a lot of the fans who are angry about the high ticket prices regular drop 40-60€ every weekend on drinks and dinner? Is Ed supposed to keep his tickets prices lower because they don't prioritize their budget like other fans?

Not arguing, but I think people need to wake up and realize it is 2017 and plenty of people can afford a 120€ concert ticket without giving it much thought. And when the tickets sell for $200€ in the secondary markets you can't fault Ed for wanting his fair share.

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    edited March 2017
    rock4ever said:

Roeland said:

demetrios said:

Oh wow! 160 CDN for a single ticket to see Ed in the UK? That's alot of mula.

Pretty sure 5 years ago it was about £50.
    Insanity.

Wont be at either of the shows for that price.
    I'd be gutted if I had to pay £100 for a full 3 hour Pearl Jam show
    In 2012 it was 172 USD for a 10C pair at the Apollo. This years are 245 USD or an increase by 42% :o
    And the $ rate is shit also.
    just checked my emails: 2 tickets (ticketmaster, didn't 'win' at 10c)
    2012: £112.25 delivered.
    2017: £195 delivered.. that's in UK currency an increase of 74%.
    UK inflation would only make it £125 at most.
    US inflation would make it $181.92 i.e. £148.57 at today's exchange rate, still a hike of 31% above inflation taking in the crap exchange rate 'cos of brexshit.

Don't know you but my wages have not gone up by anywhere near that.. (working in the NHS, they've actually gone done after inflation!)
    Post edited by Pegasus on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    Wal10 said:

Wow can anyone from Ten club explain why so pricey? Think it was 75 pounds last time for the same show! thought that was expensive.

The reason has been said for many years now. Artists don't make squat on record sales. Concert tickets & merchandise is their bread & butter. Because of the internet and pretty much everyone downloading freely the artists studio works, these days it totally hurts the artists, so .. they gotta charge a little more on concert tickets & merchandise, which hurts the fans. Something has to balance at the end of the day.

I'm not shocked this will be EV's 2nd solo tour in Europe, again, supporting Ukulele Songs with Glen, while he hasn't played a single show here yet in Canada on that record release. It's ok. Our CDN dollar blows so the best place to gather funds right now is in Euro at the moment. Someday EV will come back to Canada solo when the dollar is high again. :p

wow..taormina .must be the epic of the epic venue ever eddie played..i mean.....
    view at night....and u can see the etna volcano!!!!!!

Yeah, I would certainly pay $200 to be at that venue. What a bunch of whining. Go to the comedy club or see the next up and coming band at a hole in the wall bar if you want your entertainment for free.