Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188

elen said:

Just got tickets for the second Taormina date!!!

Drinks on u..im broke..hahahaha
    I'm already broke... :lol:
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Fun thing is that I had a pc in front of me all day long but I had to buy the tickets with my phone on the bus while going home...
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited March 2017
    elen said:

Fun thing is that I had a pc in front of me all day long but I had to buy the tickets with my phone on the bus while going home...

I was at work 27 hours in the row...and 40 hours total of no sleep..and felt asleep on the couch for 15 min..and an asshole at the upstairs apartment made some noise and woke up!!and saw tons of pms about night 2 added...
    And got em right away..was a rorture in the mobile to read that shit in italian..that i dont speak..hahahah..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    milanmilan Posts: 447
    Spent the day f5 ing in hope of 2nd show.
    Logged off for 20 mins then 10 club email arrived. 2nd show
    Booked. Flight and car booked.
    Arrive Catania 1900 on Monday night - may catch a bit of that nights show from outside if we drive fast - MFC

Anyone need a London 2 - I have spare. Face Value.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • Options
    EkellyEkelly Posts: 5
    milan said:

Arrive Catania 1900 on Monday night - may catch a bit of that nights show from outside if we drive fast - MFC

For what date? I'd love them!
  • Options
    milan said:

Seems ill see.u again mam!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

milan said:

One more time - looking forward to it.
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
  • Options
    Ekelly said:

milan said:

Sorry a misunderstanding.
    I have one 10c spare for London2 on 7th June. But you are welcome to it for Face Value
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
  • Options

milan said:

Yes you will. Mr & Mrs Milan celebrating 33 years married
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid

(37)
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    milan said:

Ekelly said:

milan said:

Sorry a misunderstanding.
    I have one 10c spare for London2 on 7th June. But you are welcome to it for Face Value
    I would be happy to grab the spare London 2
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    What an amazing place!

But the seats don't look too comfortable though.
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    emjot said:

What an amazing place!

But the seats don't look too comfortable though.

U sit where greeks was doing orgies 10.000 years ago..hahaha
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Is there still hope for the south france concert?
  • Options
    macataemacatae Posts: 73
    I have a spare 10C EV Amsterdam 1 (29th) looking to trade for Night 2 (30th).
    Berlin 30/06/10, Amsterdam 26/06/12, Amsterdam 27/06/12, Berlin 4/07/12, Berlin 5/07/12 Brooklyn NYC 18/10/13, Brooklyn NYC 19/10/13, Philadelphia 21/10/13, Philadelphia 22/10/13, Amsterdam 16/06/14, Amsterdam 17/06/14, Vienna 25/06/14, Berlin 26/06/14, Amsterdam 12/06/18, Amsterdam 13/06/18, London 18/06/18, Prague 01/07/18, Berlin 05/07/18, Barcelona 10/07/18, Berlin 21/06/22, Zurich 23/06/22, Copenhagen 5/07/22, Budapest 12/07/22, Amsterdam 25/07/22
  • Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    Hey guys, I was lucky enough to get presale tickets for London. The blurb said tickets were inclusive of fees at $245, which I estimated at £200, which is the most I've EVER spent on a gig but thought 'it's Ed and it's a bucket list item', so I went for it and got lucky! But my card bill is showing £300!!! Where the hell did the extra £100 come from? Any ideas?
  • Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    chime said:

mcgruff10 said:

so it seems the london shows were appropriately priced.

These shows were always going to sell out. Small venue. Major market (Greater London has a population of around 9 million) easily accessible from across the UK and Europe cheaply.

Reality it is the most I have ever spent on a gig ticket and I'm in the cheaper (definitely not cheap) standing at the back tickets (I attend around 20 shows a year) and feel a mug for having paid the price but succumbed to FOMO. No other artist playing that venue is charging anywhere near as much. Or in fact most venues.

What is most disappointing for me is the price means a lot of the people I usually go to PJ/Ed shows with (all 10c members or former members) didn't even try for tickets as it was outside their reach or on principle they couldn't justify it (I'm lucky that a friend offered to contribute for my birthday) so where as I would usually be seeing a show like this as an opportunity to meet up with friends for a few drinks before hand and then have shared memories for years to come on this occasion about 75% of the people I attended the last Ed shows in London with didn't try for tickets. Of those that did I would say less that >50% are doing both shows where as last time I must have met up and chatted with the same 50 or so people over the couple of days.

For that reason although I'm going these shows have a bit of a sour taste as I won't be having anywhere near the communal experience and will be feeling sorry for and missing those I know couldn't make it.

• Options
    kermie13kermie13 Berlin Posts: 49
    I have to agree with you Chime..... I´ve been a fan for more than 20 years, seen them I think 12 or 13 times by now and I just cant bring myself to spend over 100 Euros for his concert. Everyone I have talked to who I´ve been to the last PJ gigs with said NO WAY. Crazy one moment everyone is super excited, Hey Eddie is coming to Europe and then you look at the prices.
    AND YES, I know its not 1995 anymore, yes they don´t make much money from records anymore and yes, prices have risen in general, i get it....... but come on. its not the whole band. Even with their history of trying to make shows accessibly for a good price.....I could justify that maybe for the whole band.
    but as much as i love Eddie but you are just one guy. its just ridiculously expensive. Bruce Springsteen charged 80 Euros for his Berlin concert 3-4 years ago. and he´s got a whole band and he´s the fucking boss. Paul McCartney charged 115 Euros. Its ridiculously but ok he´s Paul McCarney, he´s a legend. And again I love Eddie and no other band will ever mean as much to me as PJ but your not in the same league as the Boss and Sir Paul.

Ok, enough with the rambling. I wish everyone who is going a great time and great shows!!!!!!
  • Options
    no1craigyboyno1craigyboy glasgow Posts: 9
    im looking to sell my spare for EV in London 7th june, ticket is £100
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,499

im looking to sell my spare for EV in London 7th june, ticket is £100

PM sent..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    I understand the complain abiut prices..
    Tix are expensive..for my pocket and especually with greek economy is super expensive...but there is half truth in what people saying...exable...im going to taormina
    I got a 10 c pair 110 euros per tix..yesterday added nighr 2 i went to public sales..80 euros
    But worst seats..which i dont care..that was i could afford anyway..if was 5 euros more expensive i couldnt buy it..cos my card had money for that tix only..2 euros now left in my card..same people say about 100pounds tix..well..had cheaper too but u have to get the worst sears and IF u score at clusterfuck situation of public sales..u cant expect to get 10c tix..best seats and has the lowest price..cant happen..i want a samsung galaxy s7 too but cost 900 euros..so i have this tiny little shitty samsung i bought for 150
    I saw last week a local band for 15 euros...well i cant expect to see eddie vedder at that price
    I want to eat lobster..well its like 70 euros for a plate..well ill fuckin wat beans or pasta that cost 3 euros to cook them
    Quality gets paid in this life..and unfortunetely we are poor and we cant afford it
  • Options
    brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    If anyone has got a spare ticket for dublin.....taht would be really cool!!
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754

I understand the complain abiut prices..
    Tix are expensive..for my pocket and especually with greek economy is super expensive...but there is half truth in what people saying...exable...im going to taormina
    I got a 10 c pair 110 euros per tix..yesterday added nighr 2 i went to public sales..80 euros
    But worst seats..which i dont care..that was i could afford anyway..if was 5 euros more expensive i couldnt buy it..cos my card had money for that tix only..2 euros now left in my card..same people say about 100pounds tix..well..had cheaper too but u have to get the worst sears and IF u score at clusterfuck situation of public sales..u cant expect to get 10c tix..best seats and has the lowest price..cant happen..i want a samsung galaxy s7 too but cost 900 euros..so i have this tiny little shitty samsung i bought for 150
    I saw last week a local band for 15 euros...well i cant expect to see eddie vedder at that price
    I want to eat lobster..well its like 70 euros for a plate..well ill fuckin wat beans or pasta that cost 3 euros to cook them
    Quality gets paid in this life..and unfortunetely we are poor and we cant afford it

If you are ever in my neck of the woods lobster is on me. Bay of Fundy lobster is some of the best in the world.

I have not searched the other shows but the shows that I am going to there were expensive seats and there were not so expensive seats. If you need to be close pay up and if you don't care you can save some dollars.
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Foxkin said:

Hey guys, I was lucky enough to get presale tickets for London. The blurb said tickets were inclusive of fees at $245, which I estimated at £200, which is the most I've EVER spent on a gig but thought 'it's Ed and it's a bucket list item', so I went for it and got lucky! But my card bill is showing £300!!! Where the hell did the extra £100 come from? Any ideas?

That doesn't make sense at all.

Not sure what you mean by presale? There was 10c lotto and then general sale as far as I'm aware. Either way an extra £100 charge isn't right.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    FoxkinFoxkin Somerset UK Posts: 18
    IamTom said:

Foxkin said:

Not sure what you mean by presale? There was 10c lotto and then general sale as far as I'm aware. Either way an extra £100 charge isn't right.
    Well, I meant the lotto which is a kind of presale in that you had a chance to buy before general sale. As it turns out it was an error with the card thankfully, so all good now. Would have been up a creek otherwise, stretched me to spend what I did but it's a 40th birthday gift from my bucket list for myself! Feel very lucky!
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Foxkin said:

IamTom said:

Foxkin said:

Well, I meant the lotto which is a kind of presale in that you had a chance to buy before general sale. As it turns out it was an error with the card thankfully, so all good now. Would have been up a creek otherwise, stretched me to spend what I did but it's a 40th birthday gift from my bucket list for myself! Feel very lucky!
    Glad it's all worked out for you.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    EvenflojenEvenflojen Norn Iron Posts: 4
    Pre-sale fluffed up, Dublin sold out in 4 mins. That was 9k seats in 4 mins that suddenly appeared on seat wave at 200-300 a pop. It's shit Eddie but I'll still love ya !!!
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    chime said:

mcgruff10 said:

so it seems the london shows were appropriately priced.

These shows were always going to sell out. Small venue. Major market (Greater London has a population of around 9 million) easily accessible from across the UK and Europe cheaply.

Reality it is the most I have ever spent on a gig ticket and I'm in the cheaper (definitely not cheap) standing at the back tickets (I attend around 20 shows a year) and feel a mug for having paid the price but succumbed to FOMO. No other artist playing that venue is charging anywhere near as much. Or in fact most venues.

What is most disappointing for me is the price means a lot of the people I usually go to PJ/Ed shows with (all 10c members or former members) didn't even try for tickets as it was outside their reach or on principle they couldn't justify it (I'm lucky that a friend offered to contribute for my birthday) so where as I would usually be seeing a show like this as an opportunity to meet up with friends for a few drinks before hand and then have shared memories for years to come on this occasion about 75% of the people I attended the last Ed shows in London with didn't try for tickets. Of those that did I would say less that >50% are doing both shows where as last time I must have met up and chatted with the same 50 or so people over the couple of days.

For that reason although I'm going these shows have a bit of a sour taste as I won't be having anywhere near the communal experience and will be feeling sorry for and missing those I know couldn't make it.
    I feel the same. There will be many people missed at these shows. It means that the communal and family feeling I felt since 2009 wanes.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.