EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2017 EUROPEAN TOUR DATES

Comments

• JollyJolly Posts: 100
    Finally managed to get a pair in stalls for the 6th in London. Bloody hell that was a stressful few hours.
  • deepduskdeepdusk Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    [removed]
    Post edited by deepdusk on
  • Nd276802Nd276802 Tegelen Posts: 58
    edited March 2017
    Tickets Taormina are still available.
    Post edited by Nd276802 on
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam I+II 2012, Amsterdam I EV, Amsterdam I+II 2014, Berlin 2014, EV Amsterdam II + III 2017
  • brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    if anyone has got a dublin for sale i would really be grateful
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Nd276802 said:

Tickets Taormina are still available.

Ya 4th level GA. Still great seats with a great view
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    so it seems the london shows were appropriately priced.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Bought 2 tickets for Dublin from Ticketmaster about 10 mins ago. Keep trying people...
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    mcgruff10 said:

There is some degree of irony that the London shows were amongst the cheapest tickets of the tour.
  • mcgruff10 said:

The back tiers were appropriately priced. The floor for £100 is still ludicrous
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    edited March 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

These shows were always going to sell out. Small venue. Major market (Greater London has a population of around 9 million) easily accessible from across the UK and Europe cheaply.

Reality it is the most I have ever spent on a gig ticket and I'm in the cheaper (definitely not cheap) standing at the back tickets (I attend around 20 shows a year) and feel a mug for having paid the price but succumbed to FOMO. No other artist playing that venue is charging anywhere near as much. Or in fact most venues.

What is most disappointing for me is the price means a lot of the people I usually go to PJ/Ed shows with (all 10c members or former members) didn't even try for tickets as it was outside their reach or on principle they couldn't justify it (I'm lucky that a friend offered to contribute for my birthday) so where as I would usually be seeing a show like this as an opportunity to meet up with friends for a few drinks before hand and then have shared memories for years to come on this occasion about 75% of the people I attended the last Ed shows in London with didn't try for tickets. Of those that did I would say less that >50% are doing both shows where as last time I must have met up and chatted with the same 50 or so people over the couple of days.

For that reason although I'm going these shows have a bit of a sour taste as I won't be having anywhere near the communal experience and will be feeling sorry for and missing those I know couldn't make it.
    Post edited by chime on
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    mcgruff10 said:

I don't believe they were. If he'd charged £150 a seat and sold out would that make them appropriately priced? the £100 for stalls seating was too much in my opinion. Just because something sells out doesn't make it appropriately priced in my eyes.

i guess it's all relative.
  • Cal.PJ.CCal.PJ.C Posts: 180
    Top comedy gigs at the apollo are pretty expensive too...paid £70 to see Dave Chappelle but it was the most i've ever laughed in my life. People spend more than that getting drunk on a saturday night...i'd rather spend it on something i'll remember for the rest of my life
  • brio33800brio33800 Posts: 77
    sonna said:

Bought 2 tickets for Dublin from Ticketmaster about 10 mins ago. Keep trying people...

i'm trying and can't grt any....
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mcgruff10 said:

It does. That something is expensive does not mean it is overpriced. Had these tickets been overpriced they would not have sold.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    kevtic said:

mcgruff10 said:

I don't believe they were. If he'd charged £150 a seat and sold out would that make them appropriately priced? the £100 for stalls seating was too much in my opinion. Just because something sells out doesn't make it appropriately priced in my eyes.

What is stall seating? In the states stalls is slang for a bathroom! Lol
  • Managed to get a single ticket for London 2 this morning in the stalls. Got London 1 in the 10c draw! One happy dude!
  • fruuppfruupp Posts: 88
    edited March 2017
    Well got my Florence ticket & Taormina pre sale from Wendnesday,well happy.Costing a good £1500+ for me & the wife coming over from the UK for shows,but worth every bit of it.
    Post edited by fruupp on
  • stonesstones Posts: 187
    mcgruff10 said:

kevtic said:

mcgruff10 said:

What is stall seating? In the states stalls is slang for a bathroom! Lol
    Stalls are the floor seats in the theatre. The ones closest to the stage.
  • neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    Got London both nights through the rip off merchants on Viagogo, the prices were double the original but night 1 is row G stalls so it could have been worse, along with the Dublin show I got in the 10C draw it's gonna be a fun week ;)
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• baldog27baldog27 Posts: 155
    milan said:

Whats the chance of a second Taormina show. Sold out in 10 mins this am (odd tickets back on sle from time to time).
    I couldn't make the first show but would be able to make tuesday night.
    Also whats with the 9.45 start.

Europe at the end of June are the longest days of the year for the setting sun - my guess is the late start is due to this - so you will enjoy both a day night experience at this magical venue...
    baldog27 said:

milan said:

Whats the chance of a second Taormina show. Sold out in 10 mins this am (odd tickets back on sle from time to time).

Europe at the end of June are the longest days of the year for the setting sun - my guess is the late start is due to this - so you will enjoy both a day night experience at this magical venue...
    Holy shit this show! It sounds better and better with every new bit of info. So happy for everyone attending and am more than a little jealous!

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    JimmyV said:

baldog27 said:

milan said:

Holy shit this show! It sounds better and better with every new bit of info. So happy for everyone attending and am more than a little jealous!
    Might rain
    Kearnsy
    Kearn5y said:

JimmyV said:

baldog27 said:

milan said:

Might rain
    Will there be charging stations?
    Kearn5y said:

JimmyV said:

baldog27 said:

milan said:

Might rain
    #DebbieDowner

edited March 2017
    demetrios said:
    Sincerely hope these shows get recorded and find their way onto Blu-Ray.

Water On The Road II: Acqua Sulla Strada
    Post edited by JimmyV on

• elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Just got tickets for the second Taormina date!!!
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Sometimes is good to listen the Greek about taormuna night 2 and dont book return flight at 27th
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625

Sometimes is good to listen the Greek about taormuna night 2 and dont book return flight at 27th

Damn straight. I probably would have left on the 27th if I didn't catch wind of that rumour. Thanks! My wallet on the other hand hates you.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    elen said:

Just got tickets for the second Taormina date!!!

Drinks on u..im broke..hahahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”