Options

Pearl Jam - State of Love & Trust / Breath 7" Record Store Day '17

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

Poncier said:

derbydave said:

Love the promo Poncier sticker in the PJ single!!

Damn Holmes.
    The copy I got doesn't have that sticker?
    Mine didn't come with the sticker either. Record plays fine though :)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    Vintage Vinyl had their stuck up for $6.99. https://vvinyl.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=87&product_id=30136013

Cheapest I've seen the single sell for in the USA is that $6.99 price. While in Canada they went for $11.99.
    Any record store in North America sell them for much cheaper then that price?
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    That Aus dollars D so probably about what it would cost me with shipping from the US....
    That store is my closest so may have to bite the bullet & grab it from there.
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    redraw said:

That Aus dollars D so probably about what it would cost me with shipping from the US....

It's still high. Here in Canada it was $11.99 CDN which is $11.80 Australian. You shouldn't be paying more then double even if it's right down the street. You'll find it cheaper in time.
  • Options
    avec23avec23 Cardiff, UK Posts: 27
    I've got a spare copy (purchased in the UK) as I was on holiday and asked two friends to try to get a copy for me, and they were both successful. If anyone has anything to trade for it, please let me know

Cardiff 06/06/2000
    Reading 27/08/2006
    Wembley 18/06/2007
    Shepherds Bush 11/08/2009
    Manchester 17/08/2009
    Hyde Park 25/06/2010
    Manchester 20/06/2012
    Manchester 21/06/2012
    Leeds 08/07/2014

London 17/07/2018

Hyde Park 08/07/2022

Hyde Park 09/07/2022

• Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    demetrios said:
    redraw said:

Ditto. I couldn't find it in NZ and if I did it would probably cost $30-$40! I bought it from US for $7.99. Just don't ask about the shipping cost!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    bazzer said:

demetrios said:
    redraw said:

Ditto. I couldn't find it in NZ and if I did it would probably cost $30-$40! I bought it from US for $7.99. Just don't ask about the shipping cost!
    I'm not gonna ask about the shipping cost, yet, but I'm going to tell everyone what happened to me, no big deal, just something I want to share. The thing is I'm a Placebo fan, not as much as PJ, but fan anyway, and I bought stuff from them, not as much, but anyway, at the beginning of April I bought Jesus' Son 7", the price at the official site was 5 quids, plus 2.50 for shipping, you do the math for your own currency, however at the moment of checking out the shipping went to 5.50 pounds because I live in Buenos Aires, and shit is sent from London. I paid with PayPal, and after the convertion fee the total was 13.67 USD, so, the question is, how come shipping and handling costs half or almost a third when it comes from UK. I haven't done the math, but 5 quids are not 12 bucks, you may charge whatever you want for an item, 12 bucks for SOLAT single? OK, seems fair, I'm on board, take my money, S&H is 12 as well? fine, but how come someone else on the other side of the pond can do cheaper and even faster sometimes? Can someone answer that? By the way, whenever I get stuff from ebay or discogs, first I check UK, Dutch and German sellers, cheaper prices on stuff, way cheaper prices on shipping and handling than anybody in the world...

There's only one thing remaining, yo, bazzer, how much did you pay for shipping?

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,158

bazzer said:

demetrios said:
    redraw said:

I'm not gonna ask about the shipping cost, yet, but I'm going to tell everyone what happened to me, no big deal, just something I want to share. The thing is I'm a Placebo fan, not as much as PJ, but fan anyway, and I bought stuff from them, not as much, but anyway, at the beginning of April I bought Jesus' Son 7", the price at the official site was 5 quids, plus 2.50 for shipping, you do the math for your own currency, however at the moment of checking out the shipping went to 5.50 pounds because I live in Buenos Aires, and shit is sent from London. I paid with PayPal, and after the convertion fee the total was 13.67 USD, so, the question is, how come shipping and handling costs half or almost a third when it comes from UK. I haven't done the math, but 5 quids are not 12 bucks, you may charge whatever you want for an item, 12 bucks for SOLAT single? OK, seems fair, I'm on board, take my money, S&H is 12 as well? fine, but how come someone else on the other side of the pond can do cheaper and even faster sometimes? Can someone answer that? By the way, whenever I get stuff from ebay or discogs, first I check UK, Dutch and German sellers, cheaper prices on stuff, way cheaper prices on shipping and handling than anybody in the world...

There's only one thing remaining, yo, bazzer, how much did you pay for shipping?

I can answer that:

Royal Mail isn't USPS or UPS

I've experienced the same thing for a while now. Shipping rates from the US to Canada have really increased. I went to the USPS website and priced out a record sized package weighing a pound and it was 18 bucks. 10 years ago it might of been 10-12. It's really gone up. I used to order from soundstagedirect.com a lot, before the postage increases made it economically difficult.

Before the Canadian Dollar tanked I was ordering alot of my vinyl from amazon.co.uk (I still do from time to time). The shipping rates are so much cheaper. Presumably because Royal Mail charges less for international shipping. I'm not sure how Royal Mail charges less, but the shipping rates are crazy cheap compared to the US.

That and the customs is way faster when it's not coming from the US. If order from the UK I often get stuff in a week, whereas from the US it's two weeks (assuming USPS. UPS Mail Innovations takes a month more.. lol).

I definitely import more from the UK/Europe now than I do from the US :)
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088

I don't remember exactly, but more than 10C! It works out because the single was cheaper (and I missed it here anyway)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Are these hard to find?
  • Options

Are these hard to find?

Nope. Pretty easy to find via various online record shops.
    Just search for .. 889854196073 or 88985419607 via Google every few day's ;)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    The copy I ordered for a friend from 10 Club is scheduled for delivery TODAY!!!
    :plus_one:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015

Are these hard to find?

No potential sale for you Buck, lol!
  • Options
    If anyone has 1 (or 2) spare copies, please let me know??
    Searching for myself & a friend....
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    redraw said:

Bro you were at the brisbane show in 95?! that's freaking awesome! You still remember that show?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    Got mine from 10c yesterday.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    redraw said:

I will have 1 for sure maybe 2 (10club versions) if you are interested.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

redraw said:

Bro you were at the brisbane show in 95?! that's freaking awesome! You still remember that show?
    Hell yeah - it's been a few years but I still remember popping my PJ cherry =)
    Slept outside the ticket office after seeing REM Monster tour to buy tix & got egged by some punk teenagers....
    Bribed a security guard with $20 to let 4 of us into the moshpit before the crowd started passing the seats back on the 2nd night - good times!!!

Also had a nude McCready & Dave Grohl special appearance as well as 2 amazing shows...
    Just wish I'd bought a few zebras at the original price - pretty sure they were selling for $5 :o:o
    Post edited by redraw on
  • Options
    Many UK record stores are putting up their left over RSD stock @ midnight tonight.
    Which is 8 hours 33 minutes from now.

Good luck!
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    Ordered on the day they took my dollar even said it was dispatched...... Yesterday got a email saying order cancelled... Wtf..
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Rsd-FIRST........firsttttttt
  • Options

Ordered on the day they took my dollar even said it was dispatched...... Yesterday got a email saying order cancelled... Wtf..

From which store? If it was from Amazon day's back who was the seller?
  • Options

Rsd-FIRST........firsttttttt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4usE2RePqo

:p
  • Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Not trying to be a downer, but is it possible the copies in stores on RSD was the "First" release and the Ten Club allotment was the "Future" release and that's it?
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

That may be....never know.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    Only because you would think the single would come out around the soundtrack release of 5/19 and no one is taking preorders.
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 914
    Got mine today! Sounds amazing. Thanks again 10C for the opportunity for those of us that couldn't get out to our local record stores =)
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    redraw said:

mcgruff10 said:

redraw said:

Hell yeah - it's been a few years but I still remember popping my PJ cherry =)
    Slept outside the ticket office after seeing REM Monster tour to buy tix & got egged by some punk teenagers....
    Bribed a security guard with $20 to let 4 of us into the moshpit before the crowd started passing the seats back on the 2nd night - good times!!!

Also had a nude McCready & Dave Grohl special appearance as well as 2 amazing shows...
    Just wish I'd bought a few zebras at the original price - pretty sure they were selling for $5 :o:o
    a nude mccready???? what???
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com