Options

"State of Love & Trust" RSD 2017 7"

Comments

• Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928
    Just texted the owner of my local record store. Hopefully he can come through for me :)
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Only 500 copies....that is insane even @ 2k vinyl we would still be skwirming to get this

I would be very surprised if they only had one run of 500.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    I would be interested to know the source of the run size. My record store was ordering but didn't have any info on the pressing volume.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602
    It's my understanding that participating stores can request, but there is no guarantee that they will get what they request.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    demetrios said:

try living in canada on RSD.

Yep. Also try living in a small town on the East Coast of Canada. If true only 500 this is gonna be INTENSE!
    i get it, d. totally get it. i'd love to visit the east coast one day, but it's terrible for the arts.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    Wish this was coming out any day but RSD
    Hoping there is a pressing delay so it gets pushed back and more fans can buy it
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    edited March 2017
    kramer73 said:

It's my understanding that participating stores can request, but there is no guarantee that they will get what they request.

This is true. Also stores that place larger orders will receive more copies of limited releases, or receive preference on getting copies of limited releases.

Not sure where is info is coming from though. Record stores still have not received the order list for RSD. Order list is to be issued to participating stores on, or around, March 10.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,928

demetrios said:

Yep. Also try living in a small town on the East Coast of Canada. If true only 500 this is gonna be INTENSE!
    i get it, d. totally get it. i'd love to visit the east coast one day, but it's terrible for the arts.
    Noticed your from Winnipeg. Miss our Thrashers here in Atlanta :s
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options

kramer73 said:

This is true. Also stores that place larger orders will receive more copies of limited releases, or receive preference on getting copies of limited releases.

Not sure where is info is coming from though. Record stores still have not received the order list for RSD. Order list is to be issued to participating stores on, or around, March 10.
    That's the complete list. There are definitely preliminary lists in the store's hands right now.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I'd like to see one of those lists! Ha!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    edited March 2017
    mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

State of love and trust/Breath release limited to 500.

Do you have details on whether it's a new cut or a specific live performance? My store did not have the detail.
    Feels like it could just be tied in to the Singles soundtrack release. So maybe just the cuts from that?
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
  • Options
    bazzer said:

mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

Do you have details on whether it's a new cut or a specific live performance? My store did not have the detail.
    Feels like it could just be tied in to the Singles soundtrack release. So maybe just the cuts from that?
    ah.. excellent point.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    JojoRice said:

demetrios said:

Noticed your from Winnipeg. Miss our Thrashers here in Atlanta :s
    you were one of the 30 people that attended the games? LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    Cant wait to see this listed for 100 bucks on here
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,390

Cant wait to see this listed for 100 bucks on here

I was thinking about trading it for a Benny already
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

I hate what RSD has become.

I do as well, but I still love heading down to the shops on RSD.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    edited March 2017
    mfc2006 said:

It makes me mad/sad. Basically what it's become (here anyways). Is that all the good stuff is very limited, and it's a complete crapshoot if your local store gets any. A lot of the time they only get a handful. You either have to lineup overnight, or if you go in the morning (even an hour or two before they open) they are out of copies of 80% of the records you wanted.

RSD has become my least favorite day to go into record stores. I much prefer ordinary days at the record store.

RSD is like being a Canucks fan. You consistently experience disappointment every year... lol. (glad I'm not a Canucks fan.. lol).

edit: It's supposed to increase traffic to record stores, but I think it's just the initial rush. Since most stores sell out of the useful stuff, there's nothing left later in the day. It I could stroll in at 11am, not have to lineup for hours, and find it well stocked.... that would be an awesome way to visit my local record store.

double edit: Once overheard a conversation between two local record store owners. They also talked about the difficult of figuring out inventory for RSD. The RSD effect has people buying records they might not otherwise. They're problem was if they don't sell stuff on RSD it can sit around on the shelf for a very very long time. I imagine that's not the stuff I tend to buy.... but I guess it's not easy for them either.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    Zod said:

mfc2006 said:

It makes me mad/sad. Basically what it's become (here anyways). Is that all the good stuff is very limited, and it's a complete crapshoot if your local store gets any. A lot of the time they only get a handful. You either have to lineup overnight, or if you go in the morning (even an hour or two before they open) they are out of copies of 80% of the records you wanted.

RSD has become my least favorite day to go into record stores. I much prefer ordinary days at the record store.

RSD is like being a Canucks fan. You consistently experience disappointment every year... lol. (glad I'm not a Canucks fan.. lol).

edit: It's supposed to increase traffic to record stores, but I think it's just the initial rush. Since most stores sell out of the useful stuff, there's nothing left later in the day. It I could stroll in at 11am, not have to lineup for hours, and find it well stocked.... that would be an awesome way to visit my local record store.

double edit: Once overheard a conversation between two local record store owners. They also talked about the difficult of figuring out inventory for RSD. The RSD effect has people buying records they might not otherwise. They're problem was if they don't sell stuff on RSD it can sit around on the shelf for a very very long time. I imagine that's not the stuff I tend to buy.... but I guess it's not easy for them either.
    I think one particular store in Vic gets more than we know, they just keep hard to get stuff for friends. Ive seen it happen.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

If this is true I might just buy it aftermarket. Screw waiting on line...
    Yeah I wouldn't wait in line just for a 7" but DMB is also releasing Red Rocks from 1995 in a four vinyl pack so I'll be in line for that sucker. Excited to see what else is hitting. Maybe another Kiss My Amps from Petty.

Where did you see dmb is releasing red rocks on vinyl?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

Yeah I wouldn't wait in line just for a 7" but DMB is also releasing Red Rocks from 1995 in a four vinyl pack so I'll be in line for that sucker. Excited to see what else is hitting. Maybe another Kiss My Amps from Petty.

My record store confirmed it to me. He kept saying it was Red Rocks 8/15/9... but I think the order form was truncated. 8/15/95 is the Red Rocks release which is 20 years old this year and that makes perfect sense that it would be the one. The only 'disappointment' I would say is that last years RSD was also from the 95 tour, but that was so good I'm not complaining.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

My record store confirmed it to me. He kept saying it was Red Rocks 8/15/9... but I think the order form was truncated. 8/15/95 is the Red Rocks release which is 20 years old this year and that makes perfect sense that it would be the one. The only 'disappointment' I would say is that last years RSD was also from the 95 tour, but that was so good I'm not complaining.
    Pretty sure I have that on CD?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

MDYoung said:

Pretty sure I have that on CD?
    You probably would.. It was an official release. I believe all the other RSD's were also Live Trax cd releases too. You could say the same for every PJ vinyl with the exception of Third Man I think. I can tell you that the DMB Live Trax sound great on vinyl.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

If I get my hands on this then I can cancel my singles order!

I'm putting SOLAT & Breath as maybe the 4th or 5th best songs on the album

Blasphemy, I know, I know lol

https://youtu.be/pGDzsds4Ll0
    Drown is def the best song on the album

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,151
    Horse2345 said:

I think one particular store in Vic gets more than we know, they just keep hard to get stuff for friends. Ive seen it happen.

That kind of means Ditch because the only other record store I've seen do RSD is Lyle's place and they barely do it. I think they get copies from a European distributor. They have nothing on RSD (or barely anything) but then two weeks later random RSD stuff starts show up.

I keep seeing a place called Vinyl Envy on Quadra St. when I go into work but I haven't checked it out yet. I wonder if some of the other record stores will start participating. Turntable doesn't usually participate, Lyle's barely does.... just Ditch :(
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    lolobugg said:

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

Well written. I like "i could lieeee" part but damn. Billy makes it drop lower and lower on my list every year. Anymore douchery from him and the silence between tracks might top it.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:

my2hands said:

mcgruff10 said:

I told this to my buddy the other day, a fellow 10c member, and he told me I was crazy.

I think Seasons is better than both PJ songs and so is Chloe/Crown...

I'm going Breath as 4th best song on Singles & SOLAT #5/6
  • Options
    Seasons at the TOTD show I saw was incredible
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    my2hands said:

this
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    my2hands said:

Philly 1?