Options

EV bootleg CDs

swervedriverswervedriver Sheffield, UK Posts: 182
Does any one have any of these done through Godfather recordings
I understand these are not soundboard recordings but fan recordings. Does anyone have any of these? I am considering purchasing some shows but would like to know what the sound quality is like
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    Hypothetically I may have downloaded one for a Springsteen show I attended in Vancouver a few years ago from a Springsteen Torrent site. It may have been an audience recording and may have been a good one :)

Basically it sounded as good as an audience recording you might hypothetically find on a few of the live music trackers out there :)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    I can't believe someone is taking freely traded audio recordings and monetizing them. That is super shitty.
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835
    Please do not buy audience recordings. They are freely available through places like etree.org, Dime A Dozen, and The Traders' Den.
    In the 90's it was common to get sucked into buying suspect quality bootlegs from the likes of Kiss The Stone. Today, there's no reason to support these people.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,701
    mrussel1 said:

I can't believe someone is taking freely traded audio recordings and monetizing them. That is super shitty.

absolutely right.

However as i understand it the Eddie solo recordings are still a bit taboo in these parts and the thread isnt likely to be around long. But what the comment said above, please do not pay for them. Some are really good quality that I have heard, nothing like soundboard, but a decent listen. Hopefully Ed releases his shows one days as we saw those photos of them all sat on the vault shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    i'd love to hear the minneapolis show from 2011.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Water on the Road is always reliable. Saw Ed 2x solo across 2 different album tours and have also heard quite a few AUD bootlegs that in all honesty were just awful.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    The Ohana Music Festival broadcast is the best 'bootleg' I've heard.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

Water on the Road is always reliable. Saw Ed 2x solo across 2 different album tours and have also heard quite a few AUD bootlegs that in all honesty were just awful.

Having official 24 bit soundboard has created a situation where listening to audience recordings, no matter how good the rig, is very crappy by comparison. It's a good problem to have. I had many, many rig recordings from PJ from the 90's and I never touch them anymore. All of the EV stuff is in the same boat.
  • Options
    swervedriverswervedriver Sheffield, UK Posts: 182
    Thanks everyone, I shall not be parting with any cash after all for these boots
  • Options
    VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    The 2 Montreal concerts would be amazing to have !