Options

Poll--The Weakest Link: TEN, WINNER (RELEASE)

2»

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    Release

this poll should be called your favorite live Pearl Jam song

Yep. Porch is not that great on the album but live it shines.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,351
    Black

this poll should be called your favorite live Pearl Jam song

That's a fair comment... I'm sure many of us have listened to more live versions of these songs than the album versions - especially of late.

I know I have.
  • Options
    Black
    Forgot I was voting for the weakest link. If Black loses by one vote, it'll be all my fault...
  • Options
    Black

Forgot I was voting for the weakest link. If Black loses by one vote, it'll be all my fault...

You and JimmyV can swap votes. He did the same thing for Release.

All is good.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,878
    Black

All is good.
    Worse...I made the same mistake. Poor Black has two votes that should have gone the other way. Best song on the album, top 2-3 in the catalog.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Black
    JimmyV said:

All is good.
    Worse...I made the same mistake. Poor Black has two votes that should have gone the other way. Best song on the album, top 2-3 in the catalog.
    lol

Sorry. I guess I got that backwards.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Release
    Less than 24 hours to vote. Can Black pull it out, or is the Release lead to great?
  • Options
    Release
    So we are really about to vote that Release is the greatest Pearl Jam song? Great song...but yikes.
  • Options
    jmf5631jmf5631 Baltimore Posts: 26
    Release
    Sorry Release - great, but doesn't top Black for me...
    4/8/94 - Fairfax, VA, 9/24/96 - Columbia, MD, 10/27/13 - Baltimore, 4/29/16 - Philly II, 11/4/16 - TOTD Philly I, 4/7/17 - RRHOF, 8/18,20/18 - Chicago, 9/2/18 - Boston; EV Solo - 9/23/17 - Louisville, 9/24/17 - Franklin, TN, 9/28/19 - OHANA
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Black

So we are really about to vote that Release is the greatest Pearl Jam song? Great song...but yikes.

Greatest studio song on ten, not greatest song.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Black
    I'm winded... and there's still 9 albums to hurdle...
    By the time we finish LB, number 11 will be in the mix.
  • Options
    Black
    Jbarker said:

I'm winded... and there's still 9 albums to hurdle...
    By the time we finish LB, number 11 will be in the mix.

Ha! Don't count on it!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Release
    mcgruff10 said:

Well, the greatest song probably comes from the first three albums. What song is Release going to lose out to on these next two albums if it has already beat out Jeremy, Alive, Even Flow, Balck, Porch....?
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Black

mcgruff10 said:

Well, the greatest song probably comes from the first three albums. What song is Release going to lose out to on these next two albums if it has already beat out Jeremy, Alive, Even Flow, Balck, Porch....?
    I appreciate your question is probably a hypothetical one but...
    I think RVM might have a chance - or possibly even Go or Animal (although they might be too short/heavy) to win best song.
    Classic tracks like Daughter, Small Town, Better Man, and Corduroy would likely suffer the same fate as the ones you listed due their high frequency of play at live shows.
    Maybe Nothingman or Immortality might have a shot?
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 737
    edited February 2017
    Black

All is good.
    Ha. Thanks. Still, this was me after voting.

Clearly, I care too much about this.
  • Options
    Black

Yeah, I blame the radio. Has clearly resulted in some 10C voter fatigue.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Black
    If we did a poll I would guess that Release would win for favourite Pearl Jam song.

• Options
    Release
    PJNB said:

If we did a poll I would guess that Release would win for favourite Pearl Jam song.

After we do each album, I may do the Ultimate Poll with all the winners.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

PJNB said:

That's some serious shit man.
    You will break the forum don't do it!
  • Options
    Black
    MedozK said:

PJNB said:

Ya that would be tough to choose. I think this a fun thing to do and am interested to see who wins for VS but it is a little flawed or people are taking it the wrong way. There your rules and your polls but the way it is set up does not pick the favourite song on the Ten album as people are thinking it does. Technically even though a song like Jeremy went out in the first round all that meant is a small percentage of people thought that song was the weakest, when the majority could think that its the best on the album. If 30% of voters think it's the weakest and 70% of voters think it's the best is it really the weakest?
  • Options
    Release
    PJNB said:

it is a little flawed

I guess that's what makes it fun. If this thing was over analytical and extreme thought was put into it... would kinda drain the fun..imo

Picking the weakest song out of a list, to me, much more fun than just picking my favorite... that's boring.
  • Options
    Black
    MedozK said:

PJNB said:

it is a little flawed

I guess that's what makes it fun. If this thing was over analytical and extreme thought was put into it... would kinda drain the fun..imo

Picking the weakest song out of a list, to me, much more fun than just picking my favorite... that's boring.
    100% agree. Next round should be fun.
  • Options
    Black

All is good.
    Ha. Thanks. Still, this was me after voting.

Clearly, I care too much about this.
    Lol

Classic

I'm using this.
  • Options
    Black
    MedozK said:

PJNB said:

Then you better be prepared to say, "I did not mean... to blow your mind... but this shit happens to me... aaaaalll the tiiimme!"
  • Options
    Release
    With only a few hours left for voting. Release has a 25 vote lead, with Black being voted the weakest link.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Release
    And your Champion for avoiding Weakest Link -Release
    Post edited by MedozK on
This discussion has been closed.