Options

What Would The Band Have To Do?

joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
Curious as to what our boys would have to do for you to say,"Fuck it,I'm done." For me,it would be waiting 5 or 6 years on the next album only for it to be all instrumental. Not hearing Ed's voice on any track is a no go for me.

Comments

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    joseph33 said:

Curious as to what our boys would have to do for you to say,"Fuck it,I'm done." For me,it would be waiting 5 or 6 years on the next album only for it to be all instrumental. Not hearing Ed's voice on any track is a no go for me.

So that would make you not like the band anymore? That's what you mean by "I'm done"?
    Because there's this huge catalog of songs to keep listening to.......
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210

joseph33 said:

So that would make you not like the band anymore? That's what you mean by "I'm done"?
    Because there's this huge catalog of songs to keep listening to.......
    Just trying to find if loyalty has an end game with this band is all.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    A full album that sounds like the last half of Lightning Bolt.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    Start doing only TV jingles and never touring again???

Heck, they've produced and released enough music to last a lifetime (mine, anyway). I'd like to see them live a few more times but am not concerned about more new music.
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353

But Pendulum was track #7!!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,154
    I'm pretty vested at this point so I'm not sure. Even if they put out their own version of Lulu, I've still got 10 studio albums, lost dogs, other b-sides/covers, and hundreds of live albums to keep me entertained.

Even if Eddie's memory started slipping and the quality of the live show suffered (shorter less varied sets). I'd still go. Probably not as often, but I'd have a hard time giving it up all together.

I guess at this point they've done enough. 25 years of albums and live shows. Enough to keep us going for a lifetime (if need be :( )
  • Options
    Hard question OP.
    I don't know if I would throw my hands up and say f it I'm done but there would be some times I would think to do that for sure.
    At the current rate the only things keeping PJ fresh are covers, duets and interviews of other musicians.
    That by any account is not keeping me fresh and I find I have to delve into their deep catalogue more often than not.
    Absolutely without question I will continue to see them when they tour but lately it's been hard to get excited over what they aren't doing which near as I can tell is not making an album.
    I know I will be loyal to the end but damn this waiting period after LB has become too long and is spreading Pearl Jam very thin and I question how much of an effort will be put into their next album since they all are focused on other things.

• Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989

SBM came to mind right away
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    If they ever did a song with Beyon.....ah shit
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Not putting out new music
  • Options
    I think we all go through ebbs and flows, but "I'm done..." that would have to be something outside of their musical choice. Like if they were diddling kids back stage or some shit like that. And I'm not making light of that, I'm just saying to completely ignore the band would be based in morality.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543
    edited February 2017
    My breaking would be if they asked us to refer to them as "our boys"
  • Options

My breaking would be if they asked us to refer to them as "our boys"

Ha! Awesome response
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    They've actually already done some things, so now I love them less than I used to.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Bieber.

But what if it was Celebrity Death Match?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Yeah it would have to be something horribly criminally wrong.

Im on it for the ride. I like the older stuff better and the shows from 15yrs ago better but they're comfort food for me. You can always go home.
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    The band pisses me off all the time. How can you not play leash at every show I go to?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    FoxyRedLa said:

The band pisses me off all the time. How can you not play leash at every show I go to?

DROP THE LEASH!
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    Well, continuing to withhold the release of the Wrigley boots is a good start! ;)