Options

People you know with bad tastes in music

13»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited February 2017
    I work with a guy who has horrible taste in music, IMO. :lol: I think he is the bees knees and consider him my favorite co-worker out of 32 people, but he is a millennial, and has typical millennial taste in music, hahaha. Horrible poppy or hip hoppy crap where there is almost never a real instrument being played, and he went bananas for the latest Bieber hit, and he loves Beyonce. However, he is capable of kind of enjoying some new R&B that is good if I offer it to him to listen to, such as Andra Day or Leon Bridges. So he deserves a little bit of credit there. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    deadendp said:

KC138045 said:

A lot of my friends and family listen to country. I know country has become very popular and that's fine but I personally can't stand it.

+1

My husband listens to death metal. Really loud death metal. He went through a Styx phase because one of his bands sited them as an influence. I wanted to rip my ears off.
    Haha, I've been there. My long term boyfriend in university listened to death metal exclusively. Mostly the really hardcore European stuff, but he also loved the band Macabre so played that a lot. This stuff is all he would play in his car, literally. He wasn't open to variety of genre at all... aside from the Bowie song Ashes to Ashes, which he would occasionally put on repeat like he was weirdly obsessed with it. :lol: Anyway, I hated it (but dutifully tolerated it). I found it incredibly stressful to be a passenger in his car. I discovered that European death metal blasting in a car makes you a lot more paranoid about getting in a car accident. I was tempted to take some Ativan or something before driving anywhere with him.
    I still have a really strong emotional connection to Ashes to Ashes though. It is my favorite Bowie song, and I know that's why. It was like a beautiful, peaceful relief for my psyche when he was in one of his Ashes to Ashes moods. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    macabre > slipnot
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    There's a lot of people on here who like Dave Matthews
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,009
    edited February 2017
    I think the better question is what band(s) do you like but are too embarrassed to admit outside of social media where no one really knows who you are.
    I love me some Alanis Morissette. My wife couldn't stop laughing when I saw Best Buy had Jagged Little Pill on vinyl. To be fair, that's the only album of hers I like....
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

There's a lot of people on here who like Dave Matthews

+1. Just awful. I even tried them live to try and understand how people who otherwise seemed to like good bands could like DMB.... Nope, it's not good live either. :lol: I really don't get it. Sounds like fairly bland adult contemporary to me. Fans seem to think it's good rock music. :confused:
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Wob loves the Gin Blossoms.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,467
    mace1229 said:

I think the better question is what band(s) do you like but are too embarrassed to admit outside of social media where no one really knows who you are.
    I love me some Alanis Morissette. My wife couldn't stop laughing when I saw Best Buy had Jagged Little Pill on vinyl. To be fair, that's the only album of hers I like....

jagged little pill was seminal.

fuck yes, I do!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    mace1229 said:

There was a thread about this on another message board I belonged to and it seemed that whatever someone posted, there were other people who thought that band was great. For instance, in the early 70s I liked the Moody Blues but when I went to college I was teased endlessly about having so many of their albums. When I posted about that, all these other people started saying that the Moodies were great.

I do remember that a lot of people were embarrassed about formerly listening to Wham. :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Wobbie said:

mace1229 said:

fuck yes, I do!
    Wob likes Live, too. :sick:

Also, similar to how Alanis Morissette failed to consult a dictionary before composing the song "Ironic," I don't think Wob knows what the word "seminal" means. Jagged Little Pill was a me-too record that was followed up by a string of unsuccessful albums. I think maybe he was going for "breakthrough."

I do like her acting, though. She was awesome as God.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    dankind said:

Wobbie said:

mace1229 said:

fuck yes, I do!

Also, similar to how Alanis Morissette failed to consult a dictionary before composing the song "Ironic," I don't think Wob knows what the word "seminal" means. Jagged Little Pill was a me-too record that was followed up by a string of unsuccessful albums. I think maybe he was going for "breakthrough."

:)
    Wobbie was thinking of the fluid that he leaked into his shorts when listening to A.M.
    Loved her as god.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

dankind said:

Wobbie said:

mace1229 said:

fuck yes, I do!

Wobbie was thinking of the fluid that he leaked into his shorts when listening to A.M.
    Loved her as god.
    Wobbie stopped having fluid back in 1978. Since then he leaks dust.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

dankind said:

Wobbie said:

mace1229 said:

fuck yes, I do!

Loved her as god.
    Wobbie stopped having fluid back in 1978. Since then he leaks dust.
    Dry powder?
    I SAW PEARL JAM