Options

People you know with bad tastes in music

We all have different tastes in music. We all have that one friend though that just makes you shake your head at what they listen to. That person for me is Wob. All I need to say is he wears Goo Goo Dolls shirts proudly.

Who do you know with horrible music tastes and what do they listen to?

@Wobbie.
Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
Fuckus rules all
Rob
Seattle

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This... poses to be a great thread!
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    I have that one friend, love them dearly but at times it is a struggle due to their music preferences. I mean really Britney, Taylor Swift and country as a whole, it makes my soul weep. Why RS, why do you hurt me like this?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    I dont have enough time to list...wow some people!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790

I have that one friend, love them dearly but at times it is a struggle due to their music preferences. I mean really Britney, Taylor Swift and country as a whole, it makes my soul weep. Why RS, why do you hurt me like this?

She likes it when god kills kittens when she plays that stuff.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

The blame is not hers alone. After twenty years you figure her husband would have put some effort into rectifying those atrocities, but no. I think that music turns him on and he just isn't willing to admit it.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    I know a fella that likes Nickelback.

Also know a gal that does not like Nirvana.

I need better friends.
  • Options
    As much as I dislike Nickleback they are better than Goo Goo Dolls. Wob is the worst.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    I love her, but some of the stuff my wife listens to is horrendous.
  • Options
    "There are two types of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond, and those who don't. My ex-wife loves him."
  • Options

The blame is not hers alone. After twenty years you figure her husband would have put some effort into rectifying those atrocities, but no. I think that music turns him on and he just isn't willing to admit it.
    Hey, Wrangler Riders, boot leg cut, with some high back, slung heel boots... how could he resist??
  • Options

Hey, Wrangler Riders, boot leg cut, with some high back, slung heel boots... how could he resist??
    Save a horse, ride a cowboy.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

Holy hell, I do not like Britney!!! ND, stop listening to the asinine crap a certain someone tells you.
    As for country, screw you both. It's better than some of the "music" you listen to (mostly Ani's angry noise). I'll just have to start posting more songs so you can learn to appreciate it. :smiley:

But I still love you both. :kiss:
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    A lot of my friends and family listen to country. I know country has become very popular and that's fine but I personally can't stand it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options

Holy hell, I do not like Britney!!! ND, stop listening to the asinine crap a certain someone tells you.
    As for country, screw you both. It's better than some of the "music" you listen to (mostly Ani's angry noise). I'll just have to start posting more songs so you can learn to appreciate it. :smiley:

Please don't.. only because having worked on cattle ranches, Dude ranches, and stockyards, for at least 2/3 of my life.. I have heard enough country music to last 20 lifetimes..
    still love ya though! Lol
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    edited February 2017

Please don't.. only because having worked on cattle ranches, Dude ranches, and stockyards, for at least 2/3 of my life.. I have heard enough country music to last 20 lifetimes..
    Lol. Ok, Tree, I'll spare you. But those other two will hear my wrath until their ears bleed or they just accept it. :naughty:

Also, if you know any single cowboys, let me know. I've got a friend that's looking for one.
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

Lol. Ok, Tree, I'll spare you. But those other two will hear my wrath until their ears bleed or they just accept it. :naughty:

Also, if you know any single cowboys, let me know. I've got a friend that's looking for one.
    "Asking for a friend"
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    KC138045 said:

A lot of my friends and family listen to country. I know country has become very popular and that's fine but I personally can't stand it.

+1

My husband listens to death metal. Really loud death metal. He went through a Styx phase because one of his bands sited them as an influence. I wanted to rip my ears off.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    KC138045 said:

Yep, same here. Every singer sounds the same to me....I can't take it.
  • Options
    Country is the inbreed persons version of Katy Perry.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:

KC138045 said:

+1

My husband listens to death metal. Really loud death metal. He went through a Styx phase because one of his bands sited them as an influence. I wanted to rip my ears off.
    This makes me laugh AND cry...because I can relate. Oh can I relate.

That said, first time years ago I heard Tool (H) via him, I thought what in the fuck. Then I got the song, lyrics, voice. Then I got the band. I am now a full-on convert.

Kinda similar to his introducing Kid Rock to me. YES, Kid Rock.

And a few others.

Fuck Nickelback, though =)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    I once saw a Joey Lawrence CD in a friend's collection.
    A jennifer love hewitt cd in another friends collection.
    These haunt me.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    I know someone who has Milli Vanilli albums. The horror runs deep.

• Options
    Malroth said:

These haunt me.

WOAH!
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

:who_me:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    lolobugg said:

Makes me question that... :lol:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    deadendp said:

lolobugg said:

Makes me question that... :lol:
    ALL OR NOTHING
    BLAME IT ON THE RAIN
    GIRL YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    A friend's wife is a Parrot head. (This is a rabid Jimmy Buffett fan.)
    I would almost rather put a nail through a nut than listen to an entire Jimmy Buffett record.

My wife hates most heavy metal. There are many other reasons I married her...Her musical tastes certainly is not one. (Although she does love PJ)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,469
    deadendp said:

KC138045 said:

+1

+2
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

A friend's wife is a Parrot head. (This is a rabid Jimmy Buffett fan.)
    I would almost rather put a nail through a nut than listen to an entire Jimmy Buffett record.

One of my roommates in college was a parrot head. You definitely speak the truth.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Malroth said:

These haunt me.

WOAH!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dCopAZaq8
    This weekend we rock Portland