Options

Real Men Provide

124»

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629

I just don't think it's fair to say someone "has never really worked" if they think parenting is hard. I've worked hard jobs. I've worked shitty jobs. I've worked easy jobs. And when I'm home with the kids, especially in the early years, it was fun, but it was tough. not tough, but BUSY. 8 hours feels like 1 hour. not to mention my point above, that all kids are different, and all people have different things they excel at.

To be fair, in that situation, you've also got your work week under the belt as you managed the kids and the household. It all adds up.
    I firmly believe raising kids is harder than my job. I don't think it's close.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I just don't think it's fair to say someone "has never really worked" if they think parenting is hard. I've worked hard jobs. I've worked shitty jobs. I've worked easy jobs. And when I'm home with the kids, especially in the early years, it was fun, but it was tough. not tough, but BUSY. 8 hours feels like 1 hour. not to mention my point above, that all kids are different, and all people have different things they excel at.

To be fair, in that situation, you've also got your work week under the belt as you managed the kids and the household. It all adds up.
    I firmly believe raising kids is harder than my job. I don't think it's close.
    Don't get me wrong. I think it's extremely challenging.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832

I was actually referring to when my wife went back to work, we had no child care in the summer, and I was off with them for a time on my own.

but yes, in your scenario, it definitely can lend itself to whiskey consumption and UFC watching.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,534
    edited March 2017
    Last time I lived with a man I provided more than him and he didn't appreciate it. Maybe I should put up an offensive billboard about it, eh?

(honestly, just thinking about the kinds of people who were behind that billboard makes me sick to my stomach. Yes, if someone is providing for anyone else, the one they're providing for should appreciate it. That doesn't at all excuse the meaning/connotations behind that disgusting, sexist billboard. I don't understand why this billboard would even be under debate. Anyone who isn't pissed off at it is a huge sexist)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    So I'm still wondering about that sign... maybe we all have it completely wrong... maybe, just maybe the sign is referring to oral sex??? Cause that's really the only thing that makes sense!! :flushed:

Oh snap... yes I just went there... hope no one is offended, if so Sorry!!
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville