Pearl Jam – "Again Today" . Brandi Carlile cover song from 'Cover Stories'

Comments

• Can listen to the Dolly Parton cover already on YouTube. For "The Story".

Dolly kills it. If each artist kills it, this album collaborative will be quite a work.
  • GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 230
    You can hear a clip of Pearl Jam's cover as well some words from Mike here:

http://www.alternativenation.net/listen-clip-new-pearl-jam-studio-recording-today/
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Can listen to the Dolly Parton cover already on YouTube. For "The Story".

Dolly kills it. If each artist kills it, this album collaborative will be quite a work.

Yeah, she nailed it.

You can hear a clip of Pearl Jam's cover as well some words from Mike here:

http://www.alternativenation.net/listen-clip-new-pearl-jam-studio-recording-today/

Good catch. Sounds great from the snippet.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    scurtis said:

MedozK said:

scurtis said:

demetrios said:

Pretty shocked the test pressings are still available.

Because it's super expensive is my guess.
    Yes, even for a test pressing.. two bills is kinda crazy.
    Yeah I would have bought it for a hundred maybe.
    I wonder how many test pressing they have for sale that are signed & numbered.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Sounds like better things.......
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027

Can listen to the Dolly Parton cover already on YouTube. For "The Story".

Goosebumps.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Can listen to the Dolly Parton cover already on YouTube. For "The Story".

My favorite song of Brandi's. Can barely get through it without tearing up.
    I'm through with screaming
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    It's available for order on amazon UK now for anyone in Britain who wants to avoid being hit by royal mail

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B06VX8G5GV/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487873128&sr=8-1&pi=SL75&keywords=Cover+stories+vinyl
    @ Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam recorded a cover of "Again Today" for Brandi Carlile's new album, 'Cover Stories.' The album benefits War Child UK. Pre-order here: smarturl.it/Brandi_CoverStories

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited February 2017
    Wish I could dress like that to work.
    Amazon USA .. COVER STORIES - Brandi Carlile Celebrates 10 Years Of The Story - An Album to Benefit War Child https://www.amazon.com/COVER-STORIES-Carlile-Celebrates-Benefit/dp/B06VXJHGSB/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1487932983&sr=1-1&keywords=cover+stories MP3, CD & Vinyl
    @ Brandi Carlile

At the @LookingOutFoundation, we carefully select organizations to support across a broad spectrum of causes. We proudly chose War Child UK as the beneficiary of #TheStoryCampaign because of the direct impact their work has on children affected by war. In addition to the money raised through The Story Campaign, every dollar from the sale of the Cover#Stories album will go directly to War Child UK. It is part of their mission to keep operational and administrative costs very low, which is why 84% of money donated to this incredible organization goes to changing these children's lives forever. If you'd like to learn more about how they spend their funds, read more on their mission, statistics, and annual report.
    demetrios said:

scurtis said:

MedozK said:

scurtis said:

demetrios said:

Pretty shocked the test pressings are still available.

Because it's super expensive is my guess.
    Yes, even for a test pressing.. two bills is kinda crazy.
    Yeah I would have bought it for a hundred maybe.
    I wonder how many test pressing they have for sale that are signed & numbered.
    I haven't heard back yet from merchtable to find out how many S/N test pressings there are.
    Update from merchtable.

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry but right now no information is available yet on the test presses since they haven't been pressed yet. If they give us this info, we will add it to the product page.

Thank you,
    Mallory
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited February 2017
    demetrios said:

Update from merchtable.

Thank you for your email. I'm sorry but right now no information is available yet on the test presses since they haven't been pressed yet. If they give us this info, we will add it to the product page.

Thank you,
    Mallory

If they are pre-ordering Test Presses for $200 each, and they haven't even pressed yet... doesn't that mean they could press as many as they need to cover orders...lol So in actuality they are just the first run or for all people know same run with different labels. And they do not come with covers, liner notes, digital downloads, etc. Sounds like a great deal.

Companies usually only order up 10 test pressings, unless they are selling them... which then turns the number much higher... this seems so strange. Kinda like an artist selling AP prints out of 1000.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Update from merchtable.

Thank you,
    Mallory

If they are pre-ordering Test Presses for $200 each, and they haven't even pressed yet... doesn't that mean they could press as many as they need to cover orders...lol So in actuality they are just the first run or for all people know same run with different labels. And they do not come with covers, liner notes, digital downloads, etc. Sounds like a great deal.

Companies usually only order up 10 test pressings, unless they are selling them... which then turns the number much higher... this seems so strange. Kinda like an artist selling AP prints out of 1000.
    You make an excellent point, I bought a signed test press from a band recently (it was $50), but they said they had 35 and I remember thinking, "that seems like a lot of tests". I guess they're trying to cater/take advantage of the collector market.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Update from merchtable.

Thank you,
    Mallory

You make an excellent point, I bought a signed test press from a band recently (it was $50), but they said they had 35 and I remember thinking, "that seems like a lot of tests". I guess they're trying to cater/take advantage of the collector market.
    It's been a week now and they are still taking pre orders on test pressings. There is no limit on buying test pressings on the websites. I just wonder what the S/N edition of test pressings there will be for this release.
    demetrios said:

It's been a week now and they are still taking pre orders on test pressings. There is no limit on buying test pressings on the websites. I just wonder what the S/N edition of test pressings there will be for this release.

I would guess that they are just numbered and not out of ##. They may do it out of a xx out of ##, but that would surprise me.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    This one is for charity but seems kind of silly to make a decision whether to buy something based on how many are made. Just an opinion from a former collector.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    MedozK said:

demetrios said:

I would guess that they are just numbered and not out of ##. They may do it out of a xx out of ##, but that would surprise me.
    Not really a test press if they just pre-order them. I can't wait till records aren't popular anymore again.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:

MedozK said:

demetrios said:

Not really a test press if they just pre-order them. I can't wait till records aren't popular anymore again.
    True. I just wonder how many orders have already been placed.

Records are coming back big ..

Why Sunrise Records thinks it can succeed where HMV failed. Vinyl is having a moment, and Ontario-based Sunrise Records is basking in it. But is the market big enough to sustain 70 new retail locations?

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/innovation/why-sunrise-records-thinks-it-can-succeed-where-hmv-failed/
    Under a month ...
    demetrios said:

Under a month ...

And still taking pre-orders for Test Presses.