Tool Aenima Vinyl

mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
Just looking for some info...it looks like there are some bootlegs of this LP. Which ones should I avoid? Thanks in advance!

Matt
I LOVE MUSIC.
www.cluthelee.com
www.cluthe.com

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Have you seen this???? Kinda old.

http://toolvinyl.com/tool-vinyl-buyers-guide/
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    I have a bootleg copy, i believe on green vinyl??? I haven't looked at it, in a while. Sounds like garbage, lots of noise, and the volume is real low. Now, my original copy sounds great! They just need to get off their asses, finish the new album, and re-release their catalog on vinyl!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit

I have a bootleg copy, i believe on green vinyl??? I haven't looked at it, in a while. Sounds like garbage, lots of noise, and the volume is real low. Now, my original copy sounds great! They just need to get off their asses, finish the new album, and re-release their catalog on vinyl!

yeah, I see all kinds of different pressings on ebay, but don't want to take a risk on a bootleg. hope they reissue soon! I saw a post that Maynard is in the studio with them now, so hopefully it'll be done soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832

Wow. Serious.
  • reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    They had a copy of Aenima at my local last week, yellow vinyl, NM condition for NZ$150 (US$125) I passed on it, it was gone this week..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    I have a amber translucent copy and an original black copy.
    Love this album!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

Think I may just wait on this one & try to go for a Benny next. Love this album, though. Just don't want to get a shitty bootleg copy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    RobbyD462 said:

Love this album!

I have that amber one too, does it sound as good as the original black?? I'm guessing it doesn't..

• ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    edited March 2017
    mfc2006 said:

yeah, I see all kinds of different pressings on ebay, but don't want to take a risk on a bootleg. hope they reissue soon! I saw a post that Maynard is in the studio with them now, so hopefully it'll be done soon!
    lol if it's going for less than $400 on ebay it's probably not an original :)

I'm in the same boat... I've seen my local record store selling new copies which obviously means they're selling bootlegged copies. I keep waiting for a reissue. I have optiate, undertow, and lateralus on vinyl. Aenima and 10000 days would be awesome!
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    reesdog said:

RobbyD462 said:

Love this album!

I have that amber one too, does it sound as good as the original black?? I'm guessing it doesn't..

No the Black is far superior.
    I think the bootleg was sourced from cd the same as the Queens Songs for the Deaf bootleg.
    Better than nothing though.
    My black copy took me forever to find.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    I remember it like yesterday...1996. High Scool. Science Class. Kids filing into class. A few people talking about new Tool album. One kid says he got the vinyl version while everyone else got the CD version. I thought he was a weird kid. Now I wish I was the weird kid :(
    FrankY59 said:

I remember it like yesterday...1996. High Scool. Science Class. Kids filing into class. A few people talking about new Tool album. One kid says he got the vinyl version while everyone else got the CD version. I thought he was a weird kid. Now I wish I was the weird kid :(

Haha good on the weird kid, hope he's still got it..

RobbyD462 said:

reesdog said:

RobbyD462 said:

Love this album!

No the Black is far superior.
    I think the bootleg was sourced from cd the same as the Queens Songs for the Deaf bootleg.
    Better than nothing though.
    My black copy took me forever to find.
    Yeah, thought as much, though the amber does sound surprisingly good..