"Day Without A Woman" - General Strike - March 8, 2017

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Trump is gutting and running the US off a cliff and there are Trump apologists on this thread complaining about a protest. I would laugh if it wasn't so SAD!

Solidarity protesters, true patriots.

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    dignin said:

Trump is gutting and running the US off a cliff and there are Trump apologists on this thread complaining about a protest. I would laugh if it wasn't so SAD!

??????? ohhhh believe me, you and people who share your opinion must have zero idea what it takes to build a prosperous country, so how long do think our economy would have lasted by increasing the national debt everyday ? it was the biggest debt created by any president but I'm sure the immigrant's(legal and illegal) and welfare abuser's loved it, some folk's love a freebie even if it bankrupts an economy, that's SAD !
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245

dignin said:

??????? ohhhh believe me, you and people who share your opinion must have zero idea what it takes to build a prosperous country, so how long do think our economy would have lasted by increasing the national debt everyday ? it was the biggest debt created by any president but I'm sure the immigrant's(legal and illegal) and welfare abuser's loved it, some folk's love a freebie even if it bankrupts an economy, that's SAD !
    I haven't read anything about him decreasing the debt. Have you? I only read about the wall budget, the increase in border security staff, and a decrease in small programs in order to ramp up military spending by 10%.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

dignin said:

yeah, none of us understand economics. ok.

the problem here is Trump followers read his 140 characters and take them as gospel when really it is an incredibly over-simplified generalization. if you want a clear picture, you need to look at more than just the first 30 days of his presidency. proper context requires a much broader scope; the economy that Obama inherited, the economy Trump inherited, what Obama did with what he inherited and how much they intertwine, and how ridiculous it for any president to take credit for such a massive number in such a short period of time. remember, this guy took credit for financials of the country before he even was the president. it's preposterous.

read here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2017/02/25/trumps-right-the-debt-has-fallen-12-billion-its-nothing-to-do-with-trump-though/2/#3f0811014512

he may very well do well by the economy. he may not. if he cuts as much as he says he's going to, he just might. the problem is, republicans have a history of increasing military budgets through the ceiling and their supporters look the other way like it's a necessity of life because of their excessive fear tactics. he has already stated he is inceasing military spending by 10%. and that's a huge number. and I haven't seen where he has stated this money is coming from.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited March 2017
    The following are the three requests from the Women’s March organization for participants in the Women’s Strike on March 8

1. Do not engage in paid or unpaid work
    2. Do not spend money
    3. Wear red

If I don't have a job, I can do all three. If I do, then I can do #3.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

dignin said:

the problem here is Trump followers read his 140 characters and take them as gospel when really it is an incredibly over-simplified generalization. if you want a clear picture, you need to look at more than just the first 30 days of his presidency. proper context requires a much broader scope; the economy that Obama inherited, the economy Trump inherited, what Obama did with what he inherited and how much they intertwine, and how ridiculous it for any president to take credit for such a massive number in such a short period of time. remember, this guy took credit for financials of the country before he even was the president. it's preposterous.

read here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2017/02/25/trumps-right-the-debt-has-fallen-12-billion-its-nothing-to-do-with-trump-though/2/#3f0811014512

he may very well do well by the economy. he may not. if he cuts as much as he says he's going to, he just might. the problem is, republicans have a history of increasing military budgets through the ceiling and their supporters look the other way like it's a necessity of life because of their excessive fear tactics. he has already stated he is inceasing military spending by 10%. and that's a huge number. and I haven't seen where he has stated this money is coming from.
    make them as Gospel ? you mean like what the followers of Obama and Clinton did while these two lied and screwed the American people to death ?
    we now have a man in the WH who is driven to better our country and is very open about it, no secrete agenda to sell uranium or uses his wife to divide blacks and whites...you remember "those folks" she talked about at an all black college graduation ?

you remember "those folks" she talked about at an all black college graduation ?

What I remember about Michelle Obama is this excellent speech

First Lady Michelle Obama live in Manchester, New Hampshire
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    The only people that don't like Michelle Obama are bigoted and fearful older white people
    my2hands said:

The only people that don't like Michelle Obama are bigoted and fearful older white people

always the easy reply.. bigoted and fearful older white people.....really ????
    I don't like Michelle O. = you're a racist and a bigot, good grief really is that all you " folks" can come up with ?????

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

my2hands said:

I don't like Michelle O. = you're a racist and a bigot, good grief really is that all you " folks" can come up with ?????

Good grief can you come up with a few reasons you don't like her and express them in a way that makes sense? If not, then the shoe fits.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:

my2hands said:

Good grief can you come up with a few reasons you don't like her and express them in a way that makes sense? If not, then the shoe fits.
    LOL ! and it's over the wall ! home run.......when did racism become an identifier in opinion ? because she's black and I'm not ? so if I call out the words of someone a different color than me I am instantly a racist ? hahahhahahha if a white person calls racism on a black person then the white person is racist as well ? ....double play and two at the plate LOL !

edited March 2017

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

LOL ! and it's over the wall ! home run.......when did racism become an identifier in opinion ? because she's black and I'm not ? so if I call out the words of someone a different color than me I am instantly a racist ? hahahhahahha if a white person calls racism on a black person then the white person is racist as well ? ....double play and two at the plate LOL !

I didn't hear any reasons why you don't like her.
    If a black person, or someone of any race, claimed not to like me but couldn't give any reasons why not, I would suspect that my appearance was the reason, what else could it be?
    Post edited by rgambs on
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

If a black person, or someone of any race, claimed not to like me but couldn't give any reasons why not, I would suspect that my appearance was the reason, what else could it be?
    she's a race baiter and anybody who has listened to her babble knows that.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited March 2017

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

I give Michelle an E for effort. Her healthy school lunch program was an utter failure, but at least she tried I guess... Otherwise, she seemed friendly and like someone that would be fun at a party.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

Provide an example, you don't have credibility with anyone on these boards in relation to race issues.
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

Provide an example, you don't have credibility with anyone on these boards in relation to race issues.
    hahahahahahhaah really ! I was not aware.....do your own homework, it's out there.

dignin said:

read here:

make them as Gospel ? you mean like what the followers of Obama and Clinton did while these two lied and screwed the American people to death ?
    we now have a man in the WH who is driven to better our country and is very open about it, no secrete agenda to sell uranium or uses his wife to divide blacks and whites...you remember "those folks" she talked about at an all black college graduation ?

I don't think Obama and Clinton lied and screwed the american people to death (again, the general consesus of political historians consider Obama in the top 12 of all presidents), but yes, people on both sides lap up their leader's words, no matter what they say. there's no doubt about that.

I can't honestly say what drives Trump. is it love for the US? I will admit that is totally possible. Maybe he legitimately wants to give back. But I just don't see it. the guy has been a private citizen for 70 years, talking about nothing but wealth and power and fame and adoration. now all of a sudden he wants to be a public servant? you must be able to see why that would be difficult to swallow.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

hahahahahahhaah really ! I was not aware.....do your own homework, it's out there.

So you've got nothing...

If I hated someone as much as some people hate Mrs Obama, I could easily rattle off the reasons

But it's all good. You know the truth.
    my2hands said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

So you've got nothing...

If I hated someone as much as some people hate Mrs Obama, I could easily rattle off the reasons

I don't hate miss Obama but I don't think she can honestly claim not to be a racist, because I refuse to play your little game
    does not mean she likes "those folks" of whom she spoke of at the black only college, or she was never proud of our country until her ol' man got elected or that she used to wake up every morning in a house built by slaves....good grief that woman is an idiot.

dignin said:

read here:

I don't think Obama and Clinton lied and screwed the american people to death (again, the general consesus of political historians consider Obama in the top 12 of all presidents), but yes, people on both sides lap up their leader's words, no matter what they say. there's no doubt about that.

I can't honestly say what drives Trump. is it love for the US? I will admit that is totally possible. Maybe he legitimately wants to give back. But I just don't see it. the guy has been a private citizen for 70 years, talking about nothing but wealth and power and fame and adoration. now all of a sudden he wants to be a public servant? you must be able to see why that would be difficult to swallow.
    we will see...and yes, but I'm hoping for the best and so far we are on track.

If Trump loved America so much I think he would have paid a few dollars in taxes the last 20+ years

He's a fucking fraud
    my2hands said:

If Trump loved America so much I think he would have paid a few dollars in taxes the last 20+ years

He's a fucking fraud

no....he played by the rules set forth by the government.

my2hands said:

He's a fucking fraud

you may be right. but, be honest, if Obama had done this (evaded taxes legally and/or refused to release his returns), you'd be all over him like white on rice.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ms. Haiku said:

The following are the three requests from the Women’s March organization for participants in the Women’s Strike on March 8

1. Do not engage in paid or unpaid work
    2. Do not spend money
    3. Wear red

If I don't have a job, I can do all three. If I do, then I can do #3.

Does giving money to charities that support women count as #2? Because that's what I had planned to do.
    I'm through with screaming

my2hands said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

my2hands said:

So you've got nothing...

I don't hate miss Obama but I don't think she can honestly claim not to be a racist, because I refuse to play your little game
    does not mean she likes "those folks" of whom she spoke of at the black only college, or she was never proud of our country until her ol' man got elected or that she used to wake up every morning in a house built by slaves....good grief that woman is an idiot.

a racist black woman who campaigned for a rich white woman to be president? she was never proud of her country until Barrack got elected? if she did say that, maybe provide some context.

how is stating a fact equated with being an idiot? don't you think it says something about the progress of your country when a black man can run the country whose people that were forced to build that house he sleeps in? she was saying something POSITIVE about your country, not negative.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

my2hands said:

He's a fucking fraud

Right, Captain America used the fine print to fuck over the country. Bravo
    Meanwhile elderly people and injured soldiers needed medical care
    edited March 2017
    While the so called billionaire born with a silver spoon lived in luxury
    edited March 2017

my2hands said:

He's a fucking fraud

you may be right. but, be honest, if Obama had done this (evaded taxes legally and/or refused to release his returns), you'd be all over him like white on rice.
    HAHAHAHAHAHHA white on rice ???? that's great ! but really do NOT remember me stating that he was a non citizen ? I think I stayed out of that one because all the info coming out was......hinky to say the least.

Post edited by Godfather. on
    my2hands said:

While the so called billionaire born with a silver spoon lived in luxury

not everybody is content with being working class, some people make wealth happen in their lives, they work for it go to school for it and work hard to make it happen, is that wrong ?