Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

228 years... 45 presidents... 0 women... even though they represent half of the population

is there a bigger issue than that?

I'm sorry but I don't think this is an issue at all. I'm sure someday there will be a women President but as of now only one has tried.
    only one has been able to get far enough in the political system of the US TO try.
    Do you think female politicians are being held back from running or just a lack of female politicians in general? I think currently there are only 4 active governors who are women.
    It's because some men are scared of women in power, and not all women realize they could be powerful. . .but this is becoming neutralized as more women have executive roles. It's taking a while.
    I'm not sure it's taking a while but maybe I have a skewed view. My boss is a women. My companies CEO, CFO, and some of the VP's are all women.
    As you noted earlier only four active governors are women. The goal should be 25.
    I would disagree with that. I don't know to what extent. But I wouldn't say half of cops should be female because that job attracts a lot more males just on the type of work involved. I wouldn't ay half of all nurses should be males because that job attracts more females. Or half of race-car drivers, or most of jobs that are heavily influenced by one gender.
    Yes, some of that has to do with culture, but I think there's more to it than just culture. Politics attracts more men, probably some due to culture, but what extent I don't know.
    Point being not every job should be equal men and women. Agreed it should be closer to even than it is now, but we shouldn't strive for a perfect gender balance in every career.
    But what if more women are deciding to run. Thanks to Emily's List and the momentum of the Women’s March more women are looking into running. Women needed inspiration and support and they got it. It could be 50% of governors, and if it's 100% why not.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that there should be 9 women Supreme Court justices because for so long no one complained when all of the justices were men, so why should people complain if all of the justices are women.

RBG is kick ass.
    So men, and especially white men, shouldn't get the right to vote for about 100 years too then, and it would balance things out?
    Doesn't seem relevant to me, and accurate to say an imbalance now will correct a previous imbalance.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited February 2017
    Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

228 years... 45 presidents... 0 women... even though they represent half of the population

I'm sorry but I don't think this is an issue at all. I'm sure someday there will be a women President but as of now only one has tried.
    only one has been able to get far enough in the political system of the US TO try.
    Do you think female politicians are being held back from running or just a lack of female politicians in general? I think currently there are only 4 active governors who are women.
    It's because some men are scared of women in power, and not all women realize they could be powerful. . .but this is becoming neutralized as more women have executive roles. It's taking a while.
    I'm not sure it's taking a while but maybe I have a skewed view. My boss is a women. My companies CEO, CFO, and some of the VP's are all women.
    As you noted earlier only four active governors are women. The goal should be 25.
    I would disagree with that. I don't know to what extent. But I wouldn't say half of cops should be female because that job attracts a lot more males just on the type of work involved. I wouldn't ay half of all nurses should be males because that job attracts more females. Or half of race-car drivers, or most of jobs that are heavily influenced by one gender.
    Yes, some of that has to do with culture, but I think there's more to it than just culture. Politics attracts more men, probably some due to culture, but what extent I don't know.
    Point being not every job should be equal men and women. Agreed it should be closer to even than it is now, but we shouldn't strive for a perfect gender balance in every career.
    But what if more women are deciding to run. Thanks to Emily's List and the momentum of the Women’s March more women are looking into running. Women needed inspiration and support and they got it. (2018 here we come!)

It could be 50% of governors, and if it's 100% why not.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg said that there should be 9 women Supreme Court justices because for so long no one complained when all of the justices were men, so why should people complain if all of the justices are women.

RBG is kick ass.
    RBG is definitely kick ass
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,244
    edited February 2017
    mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

But what if more women are deciding to run. Thanks to Emily's List and the momentum of the Women’s March more women are looking into running. Women needed inspiration and support and they got it. It could be 50% of governors, and if it's 100% why not.

RBG is kick ass.
    So men, and especially white men, shouldn't get the right to vote for about 100 years too then, and it would balance things out?
    I didn't mention anything about men not voting.

Let's assume men and women vote, and all Supreme Court justices are women. Do you have a problem with that?

I prefer that the diversity of the justices would reflect the diversity of the country. Wouldn't you?

Now, considering the cases RBG fought for in her career advocating on behalf of women's rights, I think she earned the right to question what is possible in the legal field. I'm reading a biography of RBG and Sandra O'Connor. Gutsy women.

Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

RBG is kick ass.
    I didn't mention anything about men not voting.

Let's assume men and women vote, and all Supreme Court justices are women. Do you have a problem with that?

I prefer that the diversity of the justices would reflect the diversity of the country. Wouldn't you?

I would have a problem if it was intentionally done as a response to the lack of women who previously served. Which is what I thought you (or Ruth) meant. I know you didn't say men shouldn't vote, but if you were to intentionally prevent men from serving on the supreme court to balance out history, to me that would be the same logic as not letting men vote since for so long women couldn't.

If the 9 best people were chosen for various reasons (and not chosen specifically to vote a certain way on 1 or 2 cases), and they all happened to be women I would not have a problem with that however.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Y

I would suggest a " day without men " but with only liberals attending it would likely be a small (very small) crowd. LOL !!!!!!
    com'on you laughed.....inside you know you did.

yeah like the small crowd that showed up in DC the day after president bafoons inauguration , small like that ?
    I think this was a very poor attempt at a penis-size joke.
    no.......but why would that be on your mind ? I mean hay it's cool and all to have thoughts and all, but really...it seems a little odd.
    what was jokingly meant is that there are very few real men who are liberals.

well then it was even less thought out and funny than I originally gave you credit for.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Y

I would suggest a " day without men " but with only liberals attending it would likely be a small (very small) crowd. LOL !!!!!!

yeah like the small crowd that showed up in DC the day after president bafoons inauguration , small like that ?
    ya know.....I've been banned for calling presidential nominees names......take it easy Jose.

yeah, cuz buffoon is the same as what you called Hillary.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Ms. Haiku said:

mace1229 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

Ms. Haiku said:

KC138045 said:

KC138045 said:

my2hands said:

But what if more women are deciding to run. Thanks to Emily's List and the momentum of the Women’s March more women are looking into running. Women needed inspiration and support and they got it. (2018 here we come!)

It could be 50% of governors, and if it's 100% why not.

RBG is kick ass.
    I don't agree that it "should" be 50% anybody. it should be who is elected without preferential treatment of one group/gender/etc over another. and let those chips fall where they may. If it's more women? fine! if it's more men? fine! but it needs to be who the people chose, not who the establishment chose.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785

Y

no.......but why would that be on your mind ? I mean hay it's cool and all to have thoughts and all, but really...it seems a little odd.

Seriously? Real Men? Conservatives are the biggest group of pants-shiatting, bed-wetting cowards there are.
    They're confiscating our guns!
    They're stealing our jobs!
    Their immigrants are all terrorists!
    The entire GOP platform is built on stoking the fear of insecure little men who know nothing other than to lash out at any scapegoat that is presented to them for their own shortcomings.

No disrespect meant to the incontinent.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250

Y

ya know.....I've been banned for calling presidential nominees names......take it easy Jose.

lol you bashed President Obama for 8 yrs never ever addressed him as president Obama , so now it's my turn you voted for a total bafoon bafoon bafoon!!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    CM189191 said:

Y

Seriously? Real Men? Conservatives are the biggest group of pants-shiatting, bed-wetting cowards there are.
    The entire GOP platform is built on stoking the fear of insecure little men who know nothing other than to lash out at any scapegoat that is presented to them for their own shortcomings.

Bravo
    edited February 2017
    CM189191 said:

Y

+1

cue the "wake up to the real world" as a deflection for their fear that they won't acknowledge but then simultaneously excuse.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    CM189191 said:

Y

well said!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CM189191 said:

Y

Fear Uncertainty Doubt
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518
    CM189191 said:

Y

Very well put

They are also afraid of....

Trump Administration to Lift Transgender Bathroom Guidance
    http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-02-22/official-trump-to-revoke-transgender-bathroom-guidance
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,818

Y

How you know your joke really bombed - you have to explain it to everybody else here...
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

Y

lol you bashed President Obama for 8 yrs never ever addressed him as president Obama , so now it's my turn you voted for a total bafoon bafoon bafoon!!!
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA !! fair is fair my friend, have at it !

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

Y

HAHAHHAHAHAHA !! fair is fair my friend, have at it !

Ok fair is fair lol

Y

How you know your joke really bombed - you have to explain it to everybody else here...
    it's not easy delivering a joke to a liberal- but it's fun to try even if they don't get it and need help, I'm always here to help. LOL !!

I don't think liberals need help from anyone who spells at a grade 3 level.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ahhhhhh be nice, don't make me challenge you to a spelling bee. LOL !
    actually a person with a spelling problem and a liberal would compliment each other tremendously, there are those who can't spell as well as others and there are those who can't think for themselves and have sensitivity issues (liberals) ...they can teach the non speller to spell correctly and the non speller could teach the liberal to be a man, problem solved ! like I said " I'm always here to help "

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576

actually a person with a spelling problem and a liberal would compliment each other tremendously, there are those who can't spell as well as others and there are those who can't think for themselves and have sensitivity issues (liberals) ...they can teach the non speller to spell correctly and the non speller could teach the liberal to be a man, problem solved ! like I said " I'm always here to help "

Good one

yes, please, teach me to "be a man". teach me how to cower at the thought of a 5 year old refugee coming to my country because he is a threat to me. teach me how to be terrified at the thought of a woman with power because I feel so inadequate. teach me how that I need to tell a woman what to do with her body. teach me how to be afraid of someone in the bathroom that may not have the same body parts as me. teach me to be so afraid of a brown man in a hoodie that I need to buy a gun. teach me to make it illegal to love who I was born to love because I'm afraid I might be like them.

and teach me how to be fooled into voting for an idiot who hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing, despite all the evidence presented to me beforehand.

please, please, please, I can't wait to be a REAL MAN.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,576

yes, please, teach me to "be a man". teach me how to cower at the thought of a 5 year old refugee coming to my country because he is a threat to me. teach me how to be terrified at the thought of a woman with power because I feel so inadequate. teach me how that I need to tell a woman what to do with her body. teach me how to be afraid of someone in the bathroom that may not have the same body parts as me. teach me to be so afraid of a brown man in a hoodie that I need to buy a gun. teach me to make it illegal to love who I was born to love because I'm afraid I might be like them.

and teach me how to be fooled into voting for an idiot who hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing, despite all the evidence presented to me beforehand.

Fuckin' a!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    Remember the days when the threads had some actual discussion instead of back and forth nonsense? Treat ridiculous comments like you would if you ever encountered a T-Rex. If you don't move it cant see you and moves on to another target. Everything you need to know about DNA and a T-Rex you can learn from watching Jurassic Park.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,518

Actually, based on your post, you already are

L'chaim
    mace1229 said:

Remember the days when the threads had some actual discussion instead of back and forth nonsense? Treat ridiculous comments like you would if you ever encountered a T-Rex. If you don't move it cant see you and moves on to another target. Everything you need to know about DNA and a T-Rex you can learn from watching Jurassic Park.

I am sometimes able to ignore and move on. but other times I just can't let bullshit go unchecked.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    CM189191 said:

Y

I'm not going to dispute any of those claims, because I've definitely heard them all, and it's mostly crazy right wing people. But...The same could be said about left wing liberals also. All I've seen on social media since Trump was elected is "the world is gonna end!" "He's evil and he's going to destroy this country!" "women will have no rights!" "LGBTQ people will have no rights!" "Republicans are going to ruin this country with their crazy laws!". It's coming from both sides.

I'm not a fan of the President, I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with everything he's done. But if we want this country to succeed, we definitely need to stop the badmouthing on both sides and figure out a way to work together. It seems that common sense went bye-bye a long time ago (on both sides of the aisle). The biggest problem is people don't respect each others beliefs, and it's gotten to a point where it's just attacking now instead of working it out. We need congresspeople from both sides step up and reach out to work together. And if those there now won't do that, then we need to elect new ones
    ponytd said:

CM189191 said:

Y

I'm not going to dispute any of those claims, because I've definitely heard them all, and it's mostly crazy right wing people. But...The same could be said about left wing liberals also. All I've seen on social media since Trump was elected is "the world is gonna end!" "He's evil and he's going to destroy this country!" "women will have no rights!" "LGBTQ people will have no rights!" "Republicans are going to ruin this country with their crazy laws!". It's coming from both sides.

I'm not a fan of the President, I didn't vote for him and I don't agree with everything he's done. But if we want this country to succeed, we definitely need to stop the badmouthing on both sides and figure out a way to work together. It seems that common sense went bye-bye a long time ago (on both sides of the aisle). The biggest problem is people don't respect each others beliefs, and it's gotten to a point where it's just attacking now instead of working it out. We need congresspeople from both sides step up and reach out to work together. And if those there now won't do that, then we need to elect new ones
    those liberal fears are based on real things Trump has said. you didn't hear this type of shit when any other republican was elected. because none of them were as regressive as he is. and his sexual assault admissions and accusations mean a misogynist was elected. and that strikes fear in women and feminists, and it should.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,785
    ponytd said:

CM189191 said:

Y

This is not a case of both sides are bad. There is no equivalency.

How do you "respect someone's beliefs" when they spout falsehoods daily, get called on it, and then double down?

If someone tells me the world is flat, they lose my respect.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020