Options

Cheap Trick To Open For Nickelback

buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

http://zumic.com/2017/02/01/nickelback-set-2017-tour-dates-daughtry-cheap-trick-shamans-harvest-ticket-presale-codes-sale-info/

Nickelback are gearing up for a busy 2017 as the band has announced headlining tour dates, a new album, and have shared a new song.

40+ arena concerts are set for North America beginning on June 23, with select dates featuring either Daughtry or Cheap Trick as the opening act (see below). The first opener on all shows will be Missouri hard rock veterans Shaman's Harvest, so feel free to arrive early and get comfortable.

Comments

• Options
    i see nothing wrong with supporting a band that always deserves to get more credit(cheap trick)
    they will get a really nice paycheck from this tour and a lot of people will get the chance to see them that wouldn't necessarily pay to see them and that can only mean more cheap trick fans at the end of the day!
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    I see your point, but a band that was just inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame opening for nickleback is just wrong.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,831
    I refused to go see The Tea Party when they were opening for Def Leppard. Or The Pack A.D. when opening for Our Lady Peace. Just couldn't do it. sucks when good bands open for shit.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I heard PJ is going to open for Bruno Mars
  • Options
    the bruno mars show is slick. james brown slick. it's might not be yer cup of tea but it is amazing.
  • Options

the bruno mars show is slick. james brown slick. it's might not be yer cup of tea but it is amazing.

Talented for sure!!!

I'm a dangerous man with some money in my pocket
    (Keep up)
    So many pretty girls around me and they waking up the rocket
    (Keep up)
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Big deal, they're opening up for Nickelback for 5 shows. Cheap Trick will be opening up for Foreigner (which is nothing more then a cover band now) for almost 40 shows from July-September this summer. IMO, that's worse. But hey, money is money.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Big deal, they're opening up for Nickelback for 5 shows. Cheap Trick will be opening up for Foreigner (which is nothing more then a cover band now) for almost 40 shows from July-September this summer. IMO, that's worse. But hey, money is money.

I'm thinking of seeing one of these shows.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

EM194007 said:

Your in Canada, correct. So, you'd be going to a Nickelback show, correct? Me and a friend are going to one of the Foreigner shows, but will be staying for Cheap Trick and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience only. I'd stay for Nickelback, but have no desire to see the cover band that's called Foreigner.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Your in Canada, correct. So, you'd be going to a Nickelback show, correct? Me and a friend are going to one of the Foreigner shows, but will be staying for Cheap Trick and Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience only. I'd stay for Nickelback, but have no desire to see the cover band that's called Foreigner.
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Sorry for double quote (I see it on my phone but it's a pain to correct).

I'm thinking of going to see Foreigner and Cheap Trick at the White River Amphitheater.
  • Options
    And Cheap Tricknis the draw.
  • Options
    F**king phone.
  • Options

I'm thinking of going to see Foreigner and Cheap Trick at the White River Amphitheater.

Sucks Bonham isn't playing that show. Jason and his band put on a good show. Though, since they're not, you might get a longer Cheap Trick set.
  • Options

I heard PJ is going to open for Bruno Mars

I would go to this. I have never bought any Bruno Mars music but there's just something about his live show.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options

And Cheap Tricknis the draw.

I saw Cheap Trick, Joan Jett and Heart last fall mainly for Cheap Trick. Honestly though, out of the three acts Joan Jett was the best. The audience was basically dead during Cheap Trick except for I Want You to Want Me and Surrender.
    I'm through with screaming