Options

Midnight Oil Announcing new dates

13»

Comments

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    The show tonight was fucking amazing, I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Holy fuck they opened with Sometimes tonight the show was magical I haven't been this happy after a show in a long long time !

Great score on Sometimes. It was a great opener.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    The show tonight was fucking amazing, I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow. =)
    Enjoy I'm not attending tonight prior commitments but wish I was man what a band ! I'm still smiling from last night ..
    i did score tickets to the August show ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yup I'm pretty stoked I got night two tickets when I did. This show deserves two nights. I'm also happy I choose to come up to NYC and got to see them at Webster Hall. It is a great venue.

• Options
    Tonight's setlist. Ya it was a good night. =)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    @JH6056
    Heres the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/midnight-oil/2017/the-fillmore-silver-spring-silver-spring-md-73e7b635.html

Pretty rockin for the most part. Good mix of hits and deeper cuts. I called Truganini for the opener, they played it 3rd so I was close! One of the members of Hunters & Collectors is touring with them playing the horns. Hirst had a mini drum kit up front which he played and helped lead vocals on a few songs midset. Garrett made a few political references but all were in good spirits. The one comment he made which I thought was hilarious was talking about he wakes up every day and thinks "He did WHAT?!" And then he said he promised himself wasn't going to say the T word tonight but he couldn't resist. Then he says "In case you're wondering who I'm talking about, it's Mr. "Trumbull," Australia's prime minister." Referring to when's Trump mispronounced Turnbull.
    Does Peter still dance around like he used to in the old days?
    Yep, still has the same old moves!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Wow, just saw that they played 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 in its entirety in Chicago last week!

Really looking forward to the L.A. show on Thursday!
  • Options
    I wish I was headed back up to NYC for the the show on Monday. But alas family obligations and a solar eclipse take priority.

• Options
    MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Singapore Posts: 1,188
    Was at the Singapore show the other night.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    Seeing them tomorrow night at the Greek Theater in Los Angeles.....the venue holds over 5,000 people, but ticket sales weren't too strong, so discount websites are now selling them for 1/2 price.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Yeah I'm curious as to how many people will be at Terminal 5 on a Monday night I'm pumped should be a solid show !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....