***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited April 2017
    RYME said:

rgambs said:

RYME said:

I'm fine with the way he's governing. I give President Trump a B+ on his first 100 days in office.
    He can't get congress to play ball with him so far. But that's not on Trump. There are establishment Republicans who want Trump to fail just​ as much as the Democrats want him to fail. Because they don't want an outsider to come in and get things done quickly that would upset the boat. So rather than let him succeed on their side the Republicans they will make it as hard as they can on him to make sure that he fails so that they aren't held to a higher standard when an establishment Republican is in. Believe me, Trump has both sides working against him. The only thing he has are his supporters & that's it.
    Donald Trump is not an ideologue he's not Democrat or Republican he just wants America to win that's where he's at that's why I don't understand the anger on the left because he wants America to go forward and succeed.
    He's been governing through executive order because he cannot get the Congress to govern legislatively so he's doing what he can.

How can you fail to understand that what Trump wants is whatever is good for Trump?
    What has he actually done for America in his entire life?
    He donated to Hillary's 08 campaign failed campaign against Obama.
    Donald Trump is not your average politition. He's only been involved for about 2 years. Did you see the story about how Donald Trump got a few Americans out of Egypt recently? I call that a win. The war on coal is over and you have 35,000 coal workers back to work. I call that a win. Got the Keystone Pipeline under way, I call that a win. Trump is working with GM, Ford, & Toyota to invest in keeping their operations here. Win. Taking the regulatory boot off the necks of American businesses win. Right now if you buy a $2000 home furnace or water heater, do you know that about $500 of that is passed on regulatory fees. I don't know the details, but the Wisconsin Dairy Farmers got a bad deal with Canada, Trump wants to fix that.
    Most people have no idea what it takes to get a damn beer bottle in your hand. I haul sand, soda ash & slag for a glass company. Semi trucks average 6 &1/2 miles/gallon. One glass company takes 12 loads of sand, 4 loads of soda ash, 4 loads of slag, and 4 loads of lime, and 6 loads of cullet per day. So 30 truck loads /day. They operate 24-7-365. This is in addition to railroad cars.
    They heat all that to 3200 degrees. Make millions of beer bottles, soy sauce and steak sauce bottles. Those bottles have to be trucked to the brewerys, the brewerys have loads and loads of ingredients trucked in to make their products. They make the beer. The beer than is trucked to distribution centers. Then to the stores. You drive to store or bar to buy. You enjoy beer, wine or booz, or use soy sauce. Then toss bottle into recycle. Recycle trucks take to recycling​ center. Cullet is trucked again back to glass facility. The glass company uses 50% raw material and 50% recycled cullet. This is ONE glass company. So if you are worried about carbon footprint​, don't drink or eat anything.
    And by the way, I'm not on Twitter or Facebook. I developed​ my own opinions based on life experience, damn sure nobody's parrot.
    Coal is not dead. Big in Wyoming, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia. Was dead the last 8 years yes. No I'm not an expert on coal. But someone will nit-pick what I'm saying. The guy asked me to list a few things Trump has done for Americans, I listed a few wins.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    RYME said:

RYME said:

rgambs said:

RYME said:

I'm fine with the way he's governing. I give President Trump a B+ on his first 100 days in office.
    He can't get congress to play ball with him so far. But that's not on Trump. There are establishment Republicans who want Trump to fail just​ as much as the Democrats want him to fail. Because they don't want an outsider to come in and get things done quickly that would upset the boat. So rather than let him succeed on their side the Republicans they will make it as hard as they can on him to make sure that he fails so that they aren't held to a higher standard when an establishment Republican is in. Believe me, Trump has both sides working against him. The only thing he has are his supporters & that's it.
    Donald Trump is not an ideologue he's not Democrat or Republican he just wants America to win that's where he's at that's why I don't understand the anger on the left because he wants America to go forward and succeed.
    He's been governing through executive order because he cannot get the Congress to govern legislatively so he's doing what he can.

How can you fail to understand that what Trump wants is whatever is good for Trump?
    Donald Trump is not your average politition. He's only been involved for about 2 years. Did you see the story about how Donald Trump got a few Americans out of Egypt recently? I call that a win. The war on coal is over and you have 35,000 coal workers back to work. I call that a win. Got the Keystone Pipeline under way, I call that a win. Trump is working with GM, Ford, & Toyota to invest in keeping their operations here. Win. Taking the regulatory boot off the necks of American businesses win. Right now if you buy a $2000 home furnace or water heater, do you know that about $500 of that is passed on regulatory fees. I don't know the details, but the Wisconsin Dairy Farmers got a bad deal with Canada, Trump wants to fix that.
    Most people have no idea what it takes to get a damn beer bottle in your hand. I haul sand, soda ash & slag for a glass company. Semi trucks average 6 &1/2 miles/gallon. One glass company takes 12 loads of sand, 4 loads of soda ash, 4 loads of slag, and 4 loads of lime, and 6 loads of cullet per day. So 30 truck loads /day. They operate 24-7-365. This is in addition to railroad cars.
    They heat all that to 3200 degrees. Make millions of beer bottles, soy sauce and steak sauce bottles. Those bottles have to be trucked to the brewerys, the brewerys have loads and loads of ingredients trucked in to make their products. They make the beer. The beer than is trucked to distribution centers. Then to the stores. You drive to store or bar to buy. You enjoy beer, wine or booz, or use soy sauce. Then toss bottle into recycle. Recycle trucks take to recycling​ center. Cullet is trucked again back to glass facility. The glass company uses 50% raw material and 50% recycled cullet. This is ONE glass company. So if you are worried about carbon footprint​, don't drink or eat anything.
    And by the way, I'm not on Twitter or Facebook. I developed​ my own opinions based on life experience, damn sure nobody's parrot.
    Coal is not dead. Big in Wyoming, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia. Was dead the last 8 years yes.
    This seems like a fantasy, do you have any data to evidence it?
    Attitudes about the POTUS don't have much to do with employment.
    My cousin was a coal miner for 20 years, he works as a lineman now because they don't need very many humans to mine coal anymore. Laborers are almost nonexistent, machines do the work and engineers and technicians run the machines.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    RYME said:

I developed​ my own opinions based on life experience

WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    edited April 2017
    CM189191 said:

RYME said:

I developed​ my own opinions based on life experience

Lol hopefully I know how to swim. :o
    Yeppers that's me, and the flood water surrounding me represents you the enlightend ones.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    RYME said:

rgambs said:

RYME said:

The population is 30-odd million, and Trump giving 0.1% of them their unskilled jobs back in a dangerous, automation-embracing, environmentally-harmful industry is a win?

Facilitating easier access to non-renewable resources, further incentivizing the lingering of a detrimental industry, rather than investing in technologies to perpetuate the human race, is a win?

Keeping companies in America with ultimatums that (regardless of choice made) increase cost of products to customers is a win?

Trump said last month that Canada and the US have a great trade deal ongoing. This month, as you acknowledged, it's the worst inequality, and comes completely unsubstantiated. This inconsistency should be ignored and read as a "win"?

As for your identification of the process of brewing - yes, it's costly from an emissions standpoint. When I can afford it, I try to source local product. When I can't, I don't. Inefficient processes should be made more efficient by locating materials closer together, and it's a shame that transport and human resources must be consumed so much. What the hell does this have to do with Trump, though?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    Here's your poll that matters:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/politics/senate-intelligence-committee-russia-investigation/index.html

An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday found that 73% of respondents want an independent commission instead of Congress to investigate Russia's interference. Only 16% of respondents said they preferred Congress.

So much for Trump's ties to Russia fading into history and being irrelevant. Brilliant.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141

Here's your poll that matters:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/24/politics/senate-intelligence-committee-russia-investigation/index.html

An NBC/Wall Street Journal poll released Monday found that 73% of respondents want an independent commission instead of Congress to investigate Russia's interference. Only 16% of respondents said they preferred Congress.

So much for Trump's ties to Russia fading into history and being irrelevant. Brilliant.

Now wait just a damn minute. See, this is not pleasant. This poll does not look favorably on the president....therefore this is FAKE NEWS (exclamation point).
    chinese-happy.jpg
    benjs said:

RYME said:

rgambs said:

RYME said:

The population is 30-odd million, and Trump giving 0.1% of them their unskilled jobs back in a dangerous, automation-embracing, environmentally-harmful industry is a win?

Facilitating easier access to non-renewable resources, further incentivizing the lingering of a detrimental industry, rather than investing in technologies to perp
    Ok.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    edited April 2017
    RYME said:

rgambs said:

RYME said:

"I don't know the details, but the Wisconsin Dairy Farmers got a bad deal with Canada, Trump wants to fix that."

Therein lies the problem. You don't know what he's talking about, but you believe there's a problem and you believe he's going to fix it, despite all the evidence that Trump rarely tells the truth or, indeed, has any grasp of the issues he's talking about.

And please post your source for 35,000 coal miners back to work.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Not sure as long as the investigation is headed by Comey I don't see orange bafoon getting impeached, the senate investigation is basically dead ..
    To many Republicans don't give a fuck that our election process was manipulated by a foreign government just as long a republican in in office...
    You can bet your bottom $ if HC had won the election the same way bafoon did the GOP establishment would be going nuts for impeachment !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    What I don't understand is that most people on here want Trump to fail. That's what I'm getting out of this thread so far.

Screw up good enough so we can impeach him?

I'd be more scared of what's waiting to succeed him...

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

What I don't understand is that most people on here want Trump to fail. That's what I'm getting out of this thread so far.

This cool guy...

Of course I want him to fail!!
    I want him to fail to spend billions on a boondoggle border wall.
    I want him to fail to take healthcare coverage from millions of Americans.
    I want him to fail in his attempts to wreck the environment with pollution.
    I want him to fail to give himself tax cuts to the detriment of everyone else.
    I want him to fail at sabotaging mutually beneficial trade relationships for the sake of a few rich buddies.
    I want him to fail to provoke a war so he can feel tough.
    The list goes on and on, how could I not want him to fail to accomplish a batshit ridiculous policy strategy.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    rgambs said:

I want him to fail at sabotaging mutually beneficial trade relationships for the sake of a few rich buddies.
    The list goes on and on, how could I not want him to fail to accomplish a batshit ridiculous policy strategy.
    Exactly, Trump succeeding would be terrible for America and the world.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

rgambs said:

Bingo the disturbing thing is that most people fail to see it this way unbelievable!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588

He's already presented us with enough to be impeached. He hired his kids and he profits personally from his position as president, violating the emolument clause.
    edited April 2017
    rgambs said:

You don't think everyone else in his cabinet will be doing the same? This boggles my mind that getting rid of him stops all these things.

That being said, Thank you for clarifying. I'm always curious as to why someone would want him to fail. I'm actually rooting for someone to tweak Obama care without the loss of coverage to anyone.
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

He's already presented us with enough to be impeached. He hired his kids and he profits personally from his position as president, violating the emolument clause.
    If so how come no one is reacting? If he broke laws get his ass out then. Are the Dems afraid of who will succeed him?

If so how come no one is reacting? If he broke laws get his ass out then. Are the Dems afraid of who will succeed him?
    The dems don't have enough votes, and pence sucks hard, but he can be more predictable and his stance would be pretty reagan-like. He can string together words to form complete sentences.

The dems don't have enough votes, and pence sucks hard, but he can be more predictable and his stance would be pretty reagan-like. He can string together words to form complete sentences.
    I would think that the GOP would want him removed too if he is that erratic and Pence would presumably play ball?

Merely asking the question.

I would think that the GOP would want him removed too if he is that erratic and Pence would presumably play ball?

It's a really good question. I'm trying to figure out what's holding up Republicans because having pence in there would make it much easier for them to get what they want.

It's a really good question. I'm trying to figure out what's holding up Republicans because having pence in there would make it much easier for them to get what they want.
    I imagine most of the R's are waiting until mid-terms get closer to decide whether or not it is worth the political risk.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:

I imagine most of the R's are waiting until mid-terms get closer to decide whether or not it is worth the political risk.
    Great point!

I recently heard that Trump's voting base is the "Walmart" group (I thought that was a very condescending way to describe them) of people and that if Trump changes taxes, he will lose all of his backers.

I also heard that Trump has the lowest approval rate of any first 100 day president.

So who's voting against him and who's for him?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

To be honest, I was hoping he would grow the fuck up when he took office...even though I didn't vote for him & can't stand him or what he stands for. Maybe it was the optimist in me that thought the light would turn on & he'd actually not be so self-serving. It turns out that was a foolish thought. He's a whiny, arrogant man-baby that is hellbent on destroying the country, along with our place in the world.

Pence is certainly no saint either. The only thing that I can think of is that he actually has experience and we might have a slightly better chance of him fucking things up less than Trump.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    ^
    Pence is a rational human being. Pence>Trump
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Things seem to be progressing...
    chinese-happy.jpg

The hardliners in the voting block showed up and meant business at the polls. They are afraid to go against the deplorables.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/flynn-likely-broke-the-law-by-failing-to-disclose-foreign-payments-house-committee-says/2017/04/25/249fc22c-29cc-11e7-a616-d7c8a68c1a66_story.html?utm_term=.cf4a9082dd07

Watching Spicey answer questions about this right now. When asked about proper vetting prior to appointment, his response was along the lines of "we all have to fill out forms and sign our names....sometimes, we sign a form, then things change and that is one the individual."
    (paraphrasing)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481
    edited April 2017
    There are active investigations by house and senate staff, the FBI and the GAO. You can bet the democrat staff in both houses have a few top notch law school grads who are young and want to make a name for themselves. The house and senate members are just the talking heads and don't do much of the actual "investigating." You can bet that if the repubs don't start playing, based upon evidence unearthed, things will be leaked and made public. And they have a choice as to which side to be on, either uncovering and prosecuting violations of law in one of our nation's sacred principles or covering it up. Also, the GAO is non-partisan and made up of career staffers who care about honesty in government. They're much less likely to politicize the process and allegations but when they're report is issued, voters will expect and demand action. Congress and the GAO have no and owe no loyalty to Trump. Expect this stuff to really start heating up 6-8 months before the 2018 elections. Impeachment will be on the table before 2020.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

^
    Pence is a rational human being. Pence>Trump

I would hardly call Pence rational. More rational than Trump maybe. Possibly more predictable too. I have heard him speak, and he can even form full sentences. But I don't know that I would consider Pence rational.