Recent Wave of Immigrant Arrests - What Does it Mean?

Comments

• Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited February 2017

HFD you dislike borders right ? do you enjoy living in Canada without the pesky laws that govern the United States ? or other countries' ?
    your open border and free reign for the people idea is noble but seriously un-workable....it's a hippy pipe dream and hopefully someday you'll realize open borders will never work.

Does God like Americans more than others, GF?

Doesn't your church teach you to love your brother and sister? Are some humans less loveable in the eyes of God?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    any American Christian that thinks they would still be a Christian if they were born & raised in Riyadh Saudi Arabia is a fool, there is a 99.8% chance you would be a practicing Muslim

Religion is largely decided by where you live and who you are raised and surrounded by. period. full stop.
  • my2hands said:

any American Christian that thinks they would still be a Christian if they were born & raised in Riyadh Saudi Arabia is a fool, there is a 99.8% chance you would be a practicing Muslim

Religion is largely decided by where you live and who you are raised and surrounded by. period. full stop.

Correct.

The brainwashing you are subjected to will direct your thoughts and actions.

If you were born into the church of the fonz... you would believe you could start jukeboxes by smacking them with the back of your fist. And you would say, "Heyyyyy" and "exactumundo" a lot.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

my2hands said:

Correct.

If you were born into the church of the fonz... you would believe you could start jukeboxes by smacking them with the back of your fist. And you would say, "Heyyyyy" and "exactumundo" a lot.
    Sounds like a pretty benign church. I could get behind a Church Of The Fonz.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    dignin said:

my2hands said:

Correct.

If you're in the market for a church, go with Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Great food, chill people, and lots of fringe benefits.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

dignin said:

my2hands said:

Correct.

If you're in the market for a church, go with Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Great food, chill people, and lots of fringe benefits.
    Already a member. But I'm open to belonging to many faiths.

Ramen.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2017
    my2hands said:

That and due to the fact that you stand a real chance of being stoned to death for practicing Christianity in many primarily muslim countries... Your same rule probably applies for atheism.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

That and due to the fact that you stand a real chance of being stoned to death for practicing Christianity in many primarily muslim countries...
    Which speaks to the general assertion that religion is f**ked.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,607
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

That and due to the fact that you stand a real chance of being stoned to death for practicing Christianity in many primarily muslim countries...
    Really? Which countries?
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

That and due to the fact that you stand a real chance of being stoned to death for practicing Christianity in many primarily muslim countries... Your same rule probably applies for atheism.
    Also, let's not forget the punishment for apostasy.
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

You can also be shot to death for going to a mosque in Quebec.
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

You can also be shot to death for going to a mosque in Quebec.
    Except that it would be viewed as unjustified by the majority in Canada.
    PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

and if you are born & raised in India you are likely a Hindu... and if you are born & raised in Thailand you are likely a Buddhist... none of which stone Christians by the way... so i'm not sure what your point was

and if your brain is functioning in 2017, then you are likely an Atheist or Agnostic :)

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

HFD you dislike borders right ? do you enjoy living in Canada without the pesky laws that govern the United States ? or other countries' ?
    your open border and free reign for the people idea is noble but seriously un-workable....it's a hippy pipe dream and hopefully someday you'll realize open borders will never work.

I think borders are stupid in the philisophical sense. yes, borders are obviously required for economics; countries would collapse without them. But you, and many other americans, think a border means I can't have an opinion, and that's just plain stupid.

not to mention that many americans don't give a sweet fuck about the sovereignty of other nations' borders, but when it comes to their own, it's "GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN". it's fundamentally hypocritical.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

unsung said:

At what point have we met our moral obligation to help poor people?

Maybe when there is no more poverty , otherwise I'd say we can't stop ever !
    We can't empty the boat when water keeps flowing in.

unsung said:

unsung said:

Right now, for most situations, birth means everything.

Some babies, like us and ours, are born into pleasant circumstances. Others are born into poor circumstances. When we recognize our good fortunes and acknowledge those with misfortunes... we likely won't be so abject to assisting others.

Hoarding massive amounts of wealth earned as a lucky baby on the backs of others is fundamentally wrong in my opinion. We need a more equitable model for wealth distribution that still respects a baby's lottery win- being born to wealth- but allows for babies born unto poor circumstances the opportunity to crawl out of the gutter.
    Well said, Thirty.

Some societies do a much better job than others of making things more equitable, at least for those within their society. Not all societies share the "claw myself to the top" mentality of the USA.

Don't forget you're also a citizen of the world, not just a citizen of the USA.
    Screw that globalist BS. It isn't my burden to save the world when my own country is the one that always picks up the slack. Sorry, hard to equate anything with this coming from a Canadian. My buddy got stopped at the border on his way to a fishing trip because of a DUI a few years prior. Don't lecture me on immigration.
    yep, you're undeserving unless you were born within the confines of that magical line that does't exist in reality!
    Sorry bud, I believe in property rights. Or do you leave your front door open each night?
    well, I guess I could respond to that if I believed equating immigrants with criminals made a lick of sense.
    ????? really ?

comprehension problem?
    no, just total amazement at your lack of understanding of the real world, this country and all others have fought and maintained borders
    from the beginning even the native Americans (or so they're called) fought for and killed each other for hunting grounds and living areas
    and it was always a matter of survival...to maintain a peoples security, your free love, hippy way of thinking is what wiped-out some of the non aggressive tribes and cultures but I'm sure you don't believe that right ?
    even the hippy generation grew up and understood the means of survival, you really should put that fad away and think in terms of survival yourself...just say'n..

I live in the real world. you live in a world of deluded fear that you have bought from fox news and other right wing sources, coupled with your own experiences that have clouded your judgment into thinking all your countries' woes are the work of immigrants and other people you think wish to do you harm.

your country's economy is partially built around the powers that be maintaining that fear of its people.

no one is saying just let anyone walk anywhere on earth as they please. I NEVER, EVER SAID THAT. But closing the door on people in need goes against what your country (and mine) was founded on. how ironic, since that's all the second ammendment folks blather on about, "our founding fathers/principles" when it comes to gun rights, but forget the "bring us your tired...." when it doesn't suit them.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited February 2017
    not to mention, your several questions marks surrounding the word "really" was in response to me not wanting to equate all immigrants with criminals. not open borders.

so you think like trump does, that all immigrants are rapists and murderers?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

Really? Which countries?
    Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan,Pakistan, Iran, Libya...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/17/world/christian-persecution-2015/
    edited February 2017
    my2hands said:

PJPOWER said:

my2hands said:

and if you are born & raised in India you are likely a Hindu... and if you are born & raised in Thailand you are likely a Buddhist... none of which stone Christians by the way... so i'm not sure what your point was

and if your brain is functioning in 2017, then you are likely an Atheist or Agnostic :)

Just pointing out that there are a few specific reasons that you do not see much religious or cultural diversity in some nations. The US is extremely diverse and welcoming compared to many other nations. I'm not disagreeing with you, just expanding on your idea that some places do not give people much choice as to what they become, religious or otherwise. And many of them where people are starving are not very welcoming to any type of foreign relief, through religious non-profits or otherwise.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

my2hands said:

Correct.

Haha
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • ^^^
    All of us here have found the church of Pearl Jam and we are all nutty to our friends.
    Oh the irony.

^^^
    All of us here have found the church of Pearl Jam and we are all nutty to our friends.
    Oh the irony.

Haha, true statement
  • Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

not to mention, your several questions marks surrounding the word "really" was in response to me not wanting to equate all immigrants with criminals. not open borders.

no, I don't but the ones that are need to be deported asap ! or imprisoned.
    also, if any person enters a country, any country illegally does that not make them a criminal by definition ?

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Some babies, like us and ours, are born into pleasant circumstances. Others are born into poor circumstances. When we recognize our good fortunes and acknowledge those with misfortunes... we likely won't be so abject to assisting others.

Hoarding massive amounts of wealth earned as a lucky baby on the backs of others is fundamentally wrong in my opinion. We need a more equitable model for wealth distribution that still respects a baby's lottery win- being born to wealth- but allows for babies born unto poor circumstances the opportunity to crawl out of the gutter.
    Well said, Thirty.

Some societies do a much better job than others of making things more equitable, at least for those within their society. Not all societies share the "claw myself to the top" mentality of the USA.

Screw that globalist BS. It isn't my burden to save the world when my own country is the one that always picks up the slack. Sorry, hard to equate anything with this coming from a Canadian. My buddy got stopped at the border on his way to a fishing trip because of a DUI a few years prior. Don't lecture me on immigration.
    yep, you're undeserving unless you were born within the confines of that magical line that does't exist in reality!
    Sorry bud, I believe in property rights. Or do you leave your front door open each night?
    well, I guess I could respond to that if I believed equating immigrants with criminals made a lick of sense.
    ????? really ?

comprehension problem?
    no, just total amazement at your lack of understanding of the real world, this country and all others have fought and maintained borders
    from the beginning even the native Americans (or so they're called) fought for and killed each other for hunting grounds and living areas
    and it was always a matter of survival...to maintain a peoples security, your free love, hippy way of thinking is what wiped-out some of the non aggressive tribes and cultures but I'm sure you don't believe that right ?
    even the hippy generation grew up and understood the means of survival, you really should put that fad away and think in terms of survival yourself...just say'n..

I live in the real world. you live in a world of deluded fear that you have bought from fox news and other right wing sources, coupled with your own experiences that have clouded your judgment into thinking all your countries' woes are the work of immigrants and other people you think wish to do you harm.

your country's economy is partially built around the powers that be maintaining that fear of its people.

no one is saying just let anyone walk anywhere on earth as they please. I NEVER, EVER SAID THAT. But closing the door on people in need goes against what your country (and mine) was founded on. how ironic, since that's all the second ammendment folks blather on about, "our founding fathers/principles" when it comes to gun rights, but forget the "bring us your tired...." when it doesn't suit them.
    you say ' in need ' these terrorist who have shot up a gay bar or a business party etc. were they granted access because they were in need ?
    I 'll bet the back ground checks where I work is more in depth than a citizenship back ground check...which is what the whole temporary ban is about it wasn't intended to be permanent only to by some time to create a better process of vetting immigrants wanting to come here...why was that a problem ? just about every president before Trump did the same thing, shit Obama did it and every democrat in the country kissed his ass.

also, if any person enters a country, any country illegally does that not make them a criminal by definition ?

in your country, yes, it is considered a misdemeanor.

so is public intoxication, which means most of us have committed equal crimes.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

LOL !!! so then we agree that every illegal immigrant is a criminal ?........you know I couldn't let that one just slip by. LOL !!!

LOL !!! so then we agree that every illegal immigrant is a criminal ?........you know I couldn't let that one just slip by. LOL !!!

yes, under US law, they are. who ever said they weren't?

if you think that's what trump was saying, you are sadly mistaken. he said "rapists and murderers". he didn't say "they are all criminals since they are entering our country illegally".
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

right wing snowflakes are afraid of everyone... except crazy white people with AR-15's lol
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Well said, Thirty.

????? really ?

comprehension problem?

you say ' in need ' these terrorist who have shot up a gay bar or a business party etc. were they granted access because they were in need ?
    I 'll bet the back ground checks where I work is more in depth than a citizenship back ground check...which is what the whole temporary ban is about it wasn't intended to be permanent only to by some time to create a better process of vetting immigrants wanting to come here...why was that a problem ? just about every president before Trump did the same thing, shit Obama did it and every democrat in the country kissed his ass.
    You are referring to the shooting in Florida in 2016 correct?
    You do realize that the guy who shot up the bar in Orlando was born in New York right?

So basing this particular incident as an example of how Trump's ban would have helped prevent this incident is completely incorrect.
    I mean you are informed with correct information when forming your opinions aren't you?

if you think that's what trump was saying, you are sadly mistaken. he said "rapists and murderers". he didn't say "they are all criminals since they are entering our country illegally".
    no that's not what I think he's saying and remember his statement about Mexico sending us rapists and murderers he NEVER said all Mexicans are rapists and murderers but Clinton had a hay day with that one and that's probably one of the reasons she lost support from some of the Mexican people...a lie is a lie is a lie in any language.

no that's not what I think he's saying and remember his statement about Mexico sending us rapists and murderers he NEVER said all Mexicans are rapists and murderers but Clinton had a hay day with that one and that's probably one of the reasons she lost support from some of the Mexican people...a lie is a lie is a lie in any language.

for hopefully the last time, this is what he said:

QUOTE: "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I don't recall Clinton ever claiming that he said all mexicans are rapists. she only said what he said, that they are ONLY SENDING rapists, murderers, etc.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD