Carson Wentz using Rise on Instagram

2»

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I dont hunt. Never will. My kids will never hunt. But i sure as hell enjoyed some duck tacos and coconut mojitos last night.

I dont like when people judge how others eat. I have never made a comment to my wife for only eating seafood and vegetables. Shit i mostly eat that way too but if i want this or that im glad annoying ass people aren't around to comment to my face.
  • Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all

Fuck people who force their beliefs on others. Pretty fucking pathetic.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295

Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all. If not for some disgusting form of gluttony people divulge in.

Let the animals be. Ducks included.

Yeah, no thanks, meat is too good. Not only is it good, but it stabalizes blood sugar, the protein and vitamins aid growing muscle and depending on what meat, it has arguably the highest level of iron. Iron deficiency can make your energy levels feel low.

Plenty of positives to eating meat.
    Not one of those positives couldn't be fixed by eating all vegetarian.

But whatever, saying "meat is too good" says it all.
    Thanks for telling us how to live. Don't know what we'd do without you. Just wondering are you for strict guidelines on what food stamps can be used for? So veggies only right? What laws and regulations to that end do you propose?
    I don't see the problem in having opinions on the unneeded slaughtering of living creatures...

I'm not sure what "food stamps" is/are. I live in Sweden.
    Ah. Ok. Forgot. They are provided to those that live below certain poverty measures here in the States for purchasing groceries.
    Okey. We have socialbidrag (welfare or whatever it's called).

Wouldn't see a problem Incentivize vegetarian food.

Just like I wouldn't have a problem with schools going all vegetarian etc.

And in a country like yours where chicken wings and soda are turning obesity into an epidemic, I think it would do wonders.
    Not sure chicken is doing that, but I think in substance we agree. Being allowed to buy things like soda would seem to be counter intuitive when poverty and education defeciency tend to go hand in hand. and btw, on this topic you would align more with Republicans than Democrats, so you should be careful.
    Promoting healthy eating aligns more with republicans? Did you miss the last 8 years and reaction to Michelle Obama?
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all

Fuck people who force their beliefs on others. Pretty fucking pathetic.
    "Fuck people who don't think you should steal things, have sex with children or think that we have to save the world from climate change. Forcing their beliefs on others. Pretty Fucking pathetic"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all. If not for some disgusting form of gluttony people divulge in.

Yeah, no thanks, meat is too good. Not only is it good, but it stabalizes blood sugar, the protein and vitamins aid growing muscle and depending on what meat, it has arguably the highest level of iron. Iron deficiency can make your energy levels feel low.

Thanks for telling us how to live. Don't know what we'd do without you. Just wondering are you for strict guidelines on what food stamps can be used for? So veggies only right? What laws and regulations to that end do you propose?
    I don't see the problem in having opinions on the unneeded slaughtering of living creatures...

Ah. Ok. Forgot. They are provided to those that live below certain poverty measures here in the States for purchasing groceries.

And in a country like yours where chicken wings and soda are turning obesity into an epidemic, I think it would do wonders.
    Not sure chicken is doing that, but I think in substance we agree. Being allowed to buy things like soda would seem to be counter intuitive when poverty and education defeciency tend to go hand in hand. and btw, on this topic you would align more with Republicans than Democrats, so you should be careful.
    As I said, I'm from Sweden. I don't care about aligning more with Democrats or Republicans.

(you have no idea how rightwinged your "liberal left-winged communist progressive democrats" are untill you've experienced our political spectrum :) )
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • on2legs said:

Fuck people hunting.

When I read your posts I always picture the guy from the Singles movie who says... it's ok to loathe these people.
    Don't remember that movie. But I guess that was a diss :(
  • What's up with all the hostility on the boards lately? It's getting old.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

I agree.

But when someone says "fuck people that eat meat in 2017" im going to make sure to respond. People telling other people how to live is getting pretty old too.

And sure all those things I listed before could be done with eating vegetables, but the amount you would have to eat in vegetabels to make up the levels you could get from meat is just not worth it

And should we get into all the jobs that would be lost if the meat industry was just wiped out?
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517

What's up with all the hostility on the boards lately? It's getting old.

I agree.

But when someone says "fuck people that eat meat in 2017" im going to make sure to respond. People telling other people how to live is getting pretty old too.

And sure all those things I listed before could be done with eating vegetables, but the amount you would have to eat in vegetabels to make up the levels you could get from meat is just not worth it

And should we get into all the jobs that would be lost if the meat industry was just wiped out?
    I agree, but here is why I am right!
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I would like to eat people....
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited February 2017

I dont hunt. Never will. My kids will never hunt. But i sure as hell enjoyed some duck tacos and coconut mojitos last night.

I dont like when people judge how others eat. I have never made a comment to my wife for only eating seafood and vegetables. Shit i mostly eat that way too but if i want this or that im glad annoying ass people aren't around to comment to my face.

That's what the left does. It's all they do as the current hysteria attests to. Only they know what's right and th
    NewJPage said:

Fuck people hunting.

Promoting healthy eating aligns more with republicans? Did you miss the last 8 years and reaction to Michelle Obama?
    Is that what you got out of that exchange? Let me explain. No. the limitations on what one can and cannot use food stamps (in this case, but can be applied to other entitlement programs) is what's at question in that exchange.

We will give you no points and may god have mercy on our soul.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • I hope no member of Pearl Jam gets caught eating a burger from here on out. Would totally negate all the good theyve done. :D

Who you talkin to fool?
    Go eat a burger.
    :grin:
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

Duck Tacos. Fuck. Yes.
  • I hope no member of Pearl Jam gets caught eating a burger from here on out. Would totally negate all the good theyve done. :D

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2017

I agree.

And I believe people have the right to "tell others how to live" if it involves killing innocent lives - when its not needed.

The rest of what you write is wrong. Sounds like Trump propaganda "We will bring back coal, and oil to keep americans jobs. And climate change doesn't exist so it doesn't matter. Sad."

"Just not worth it because I'm lazy and ignorant" VS Killing animals
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381

I agree.

And I believe people have the right to "tell others how to live" if it involves killing innocent lives - when its not needed.

The rest of what you write is wrong. Sounds like Trump propaganda "We will bring back coal, and oil to keep americans jobs. And climate change doesn't exist so it doesn't matter. Sad."

Can you take this to AMT?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    edited February 2017

I agree.

Did you really bring this to Trump?! Im done.

There is nothing lazy or ignorant about me eating meat.
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632

Duck Tacos. Fuck. Yes.
    Oh man. They were glorious. Expensive because some famous chef made them in the back but damn that was good
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926

I agree.

Now you're classifying everyone that eats meat as being lazy and ignorant? Take you're BS somewhere else man.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350

6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417

Duck Tacos. Fuck. Yes.
    Oh man. They were glorious. Expensive because some famous chef made them in the back but damn that was good
    I bet. Go to an asian market. They're super easy to make. Plus you'd come out of that place with a fuck ton of shit you didn't intend to get.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

I agree.

uuuhh... radicals dont just frequent AMT i see.
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    This thread has really spun out of control. I thought the issue was a couple of millionaires killing and showing off a massive pile of carcasses (that in no way would they likely be consuming themselves); not bashing each other over whether or not eating meat is okay.

Going back to that, I'd say that killing that many birds (when you're unlikely to eat them) really amounts to trophy hunting. I have no problem with the father/mother who lives in...lets say Idaho, who earns just enough to get his family by (unemployed or middle class) and goes out to kill a deer or a few birds to throw in the deep freeze to feed his/her family.

But I do have a problem with multimillionaires who got out and kill to show off. That is sick and there's something wrong with it. Put it this way, if each of us inherited $100 million dollars overnight, would any of us still have hunting at the top of the list? Maybe some would, but for me, it would be the last damn thing on the list. You could improve the life of your family, community, and others around the globe if you cared for it. You could take awesome vacations (where you didn't kill anything), you could take up just about any other hobby. You could really do anything.

There was a segment this week on the 5th Estate (it's kind of like 20/20 an investigative journalism show, but on our CBC in Canada) that I think it quite analogous. The woman is a young, rich, shallow heir to a Croatian Hotel Chain, and she lives in my home Province of BC which sickened me even more. This woman lives the urban area of Victoria, BC, has a pile of money, no financial motivation to hunt, and yet she enjoys killing animals around the world for "sport".

Arguments like population control, getting connected with nature, "harvesting" etc...just sound like complete bs when coming from a multimillionaire.

In these types of cases, I really think the need to hunt comes from a place of insecurity. In this woman's case, she wouldn't be considered very attractive in most circles, but she's put herself into hunting, and for that reason alone she is now considered "hot" by other hunters. To me that totally transcends the who purpose of sustenance hunting, since she's not killing to feed her family and really, she seems to just be seeking validation for her own insecurities.

If you're interested, check out the segment:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2016-2017/the-hunter-and-the-hunted

1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Now I feel like a dick for eating bacon this morning!! Dammit!
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Too much hostility. Please see the Posting Guidelines http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

Posting Guidelines

1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

a. We operate on the "I'm rubber, you're glue" philosophy so if you make a wonderful, thoughtful post with good points and call the other guy a moron while you're at it, it'll be removed. See #3.

3. There are people bashing and insulting each other all over the internet. We feel it can be better here.

4. Please respect topic integrity by not derailing discussions from the original poster’s intent (OP). You can begin a new topic of your own in the appropriate forum.

etc...
This discussion has been closed.