Options

Carson Wentz using Rise on Instagram

I would think Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam would be disgusted if they saw this.

DC-9/24/96
Philly-8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16
Jones Beach-8/25/00
PSU-5/3/03
Irvine-6/2/03
San Diego-6/5/03
Hershey-7/12/03
Reading-10/1/04
The Gorge-9/1/05
Vancouver-9/2/05
AC-9/30/05
E. Rutherford, NJ-6/1/06,6/3/06
Bonnaroo-6/14/08
VA Beach-6/17/08
MSG-5/20/10,5/21/10
Baltimore 10/27/13

Comments

• Options
    I'll bite. Who is that? Sorry to be THAT guy.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    An Eagle shooting birds, he plays Football in Philadelphia
  • Options

I would think Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam would be disgusted if they saw this.

I think you're right. Isn't Eddie Vedder a vegetarian?
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    edited February 2017
    I think if those birds are going to use and not just discarded or trophied... they might be fine with it.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,509
    How can two people need that many birds? There has to be over 100, maybe 200 in that pile of carcasses!

I may be wrong, but I don't think food banks are able to accept game meat, so that leads me to believe that a multimillionaire and his buddy killed that massive pile of birds for kicks. Carson Wentz, having gone #2 overall in the 2016 draft signed a rookie contract worth 26.7 million over 4 years. It included a 17.6 million dollar "signing bonus", and all of the 26.7 million is guaranteed!

In his bye week this year (the one week an NFL team gets off over the course of a 17 week schedule), he went hunting a killed a buck: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-carson-wentz-takes-week-off-from-shredding-nfl-teams-to-hunt-deer/

Also, in late December, he went hunting in New Jersey with another multi-millionaire, baseball player Mike Trout of the Anaheim Angels. Mike Trout is set to earn $29 million dollars in ONE SEASON ALONE for the upcoming 2017 year. He is still a young player, and his current contract takes him up to 2020 when he will be 29 years old. At that time he will have already earned $148 million in salary alone, will lots of further income from sponsorships.

I'm not a vegetarian, nor am I completely against hunting when it's done for sustenance. But when it's a couple of million dollar playboys going off into the woods to kill animals for kicks, there is something seriously wrong with that. They could literally pick up any expensive hobby, and they choose to kill animals?!!!

I think that would make the band sick.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,436
    As a duck hunter, I can tell you that I eat every bird I harvest. I can also tell you that harvesting four-six birds is a good day for me. Ive never gotten even close to harvesting that many birds. I can also tell you that state law where I hunt has daily bag limits for certain species of duck that prohibit hunters from over-hunting. Where I hunt, you can only bag 6 birds per day, per person. Not sure where Carson hunted here or their laws. I would like to think that all these birds are not being discarded.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Was Carson in not so many words saying Fuck You to Ed and the boys by using Rise? It would suck for Carson's sake to be reincarnated into a bird,only for one of his own descendants to shoot and kill him.SMH.
  • Options
    joseph33 said:

Was Carson in not so many words saying Fuck You to Ed and the boys by using Rise? It would suck for Carson's sake to be reincarnated into a bird,only for one of his own descendants to shoot and kill him.SMH.

I know nothing of the guy, obviously. It'd be pretty random for him to choose an obscure Ed solo song as a way to send some sort of political message. I'm assuming he wanted a soundtrack for whatever this is a video of, he likes Rise and put them together. No need to overthink this one. No pun intended, sometimes a duck is just a duck.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Yeah, the guy has a good taste in music and reeeeeeally likes duck hunting. Doubt he cares much what the musician would think about the subject matter and song choice. And why are we concerned with what Ed or the band would think, anyway? Carson has his opinion, we all can have our own, and Ed can have his. What Ed thinks or doesn't think should really have no bearing on any of us.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    edited February 2017
    yeeeehhhhaaaaawwww.

Killing animals is awesome!

Beautiful song ruined
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I do a little hunting myself, but that video definitely wasn't in the best taste for someone in the public eye. The giant pile of duck carcasses was a little ridiculous.

Having said that, there are places where migratory birds are such a nuisance it's practically a public service to sign up and go on a guided hunt.

Also, not sure if any old food bank can accept wild game, but there are programs to get this food into the right hands to feed those in need.
  • Options
    Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all. If not for some disgusting form of gluttony people divulge in.

Let the animals be. Ducks included.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

Fuck people eating meat in 2017 when it's not needed at all. If not for some disgusting form of gluttony people divulge in.

Yeah, no thanks, meat is too good. Not only is it good, but it stabalizes blood sugar, the protein and vitamins aid growing muscle and depending on what meat, it has arguably the highest level of iron. Iron deficiency can make your energy levels feel low.

Plenty of positives to eating meat.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418

Fuck people hunting.

Yeah, no thanks, meat is too good. Not only is it good, but it stabalizes blood sugar, the protein and vitamins aid growing muscle and depending on what meat, it has arguably the highest level of iron. Iron deficiency can make your energy levels feel low.

Lol. Yea I will pretty much eat anything that can be grilled. Too good. Even raw, I buy fresh Salmon fillets, cut it up in cubes, add oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, scallions, sesame oil and seeds all in a bowl and eat it. Oh my.....
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    It's a legal hunt... good for him.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,420
    Unfortunately populations of animals have to be controlled. As someone else said it probably would have been better if he didn't pose with all those dead birds at the end.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,776
    I'm really glad I didn't watch the video and won't. I have a hard time comprehending how anyone would think that Rise would fit a video about any kind of hunting. I don't get it. Such an inspirational and beautiful song. Hunting not so much in my book. Everybody has their own book though.
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Ever heard of population control?
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    on2legs said:

Unfortunately populations of animals have to be controlled. As someone else said it probably would have been better if he didn't pose with all those dead birds at the end.

Humans need it.

• Options
    Smellyman said:

on2legs said:

Humans need it.

https://youtu.be/1wq_edHqpdA
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options

Fuck people hunting.

Not one of those positives couldn't be fixed by eating all vegetarian.

But whatever, saying "meat is too good" says it all.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

Thanks for telling us how to live. Don't know what we'd do without you. Just wondering are you for strict guidelines on what food stamps can be used for? So veggies only right? What laws and regulations to that end do you propose?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited February 2017

Fuck people hunting.

Thanks for telling us how to live. Don't know what we'd do without you. Just wondering are you for strict guidelines on what food stamps can be used for? So veggies only right? What laws and regulations to that end do you propose?
    I don't see the problem in having opinions on the unneeded slaughtering of living creatures...

I'm not sure what "food stamps" is/are. I live in Sweden.
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

I don't see the problem in having opinions on the unneeded slaughtering of living creatures...

Ah. Ok. Forgot. They are provided to those that live below certain poverty measures here in the States for purchasing groceries.
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

Ah. Ok. Forgot. They are provided to those that live below certain poverty measures here in the States for purchasing groceries.
    Okey. We have socialbidrag (welfare or whatever it's called).

Wouldn't see a problem Incentivize vegetarian food.

Just like I wouldn't have a problem with schools going all vegetarian etc.

And in a country like yours where chicken wings and soda are turning obesity into an epidemic, I think it would do wonders.
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

So you're in favor of slaughtering other living creatures like plants and vegetables?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options

Fuck people hunting.

And in a country like yours where chicken wings and soda are turning obesity into an epidemic, I think it would do wonders.
    Not sure chicken is doing that, but I think in substance we agree. Being allowed to buy things like soda would seem to be counter intuitive when poverty and education defeciency tend to go hand in hand. and btw, on this topic you would align more with Republicans than Democrats, so you should be careful.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Fuck people hunting.

So you're in favor of slaughtering other living creatures like plants and vegetables?
    What do you think? that I live off Pearl Jam music?
  • Options

Fuck people hunting.

When I read your posts I always picture the guy from the Singles movie who says... it's ok to loathe these people.

This discussion has been closed.