Options

Is it rape???

Sorry for the heavy subject but I'm curious on people's opinions....
Here's the scenario:
Woman spends a night at a bar with a guy having a good time. She says it's time to go home and he offers to walk her. She's being flirty and they share a kiss or two. He suggests stopping at a playground along the way. They lay down on the slide, continue kissing, as he tries to pull her pants off. She says no three times but then blacks out somewhat and the deed is done.
Who considers that rape?

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like rape to me. I dont really care if it was consensual, fucking a broad who is passed out is rape.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Thank you!!! That's what I'm saying too! I keep telling her real men do still exist. Thank you for proving my point.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Sounds like rape to me. I dont really care if it was consensual, fucking a broad who is passed out is rape.

X2
  • Options
    I feel so guilty for not being able to prevent this. I saw it coming and I tried so hard. And having been through it myself, I still found myself feeling helpless towards her as she was telling me all about it and I remembered the feelings and saw the flashbacks. But despite all of that, I got through it, paid attention to her, got a list of resources to hit in the morning and I will see her through every step of the way. And I didn't shed a single fucking year for my own shit so I'm pretty damn proud right now!
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited February 2017
    RS, what are you saying? You banged some young stud after he passed out on you?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    That's rape in my opinion
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

Shut up. I was stoned, obviously. I'm trying to cope.

And for the record, they may think they're dying but they're not.
  • Options

Shut up. I was stoned, obviously. I'm trying to cope.

And for the record, they may think they're dying but they're not.
    I'm teasing. Laughter is a coping mechanism.
  • Options
    I know you were. So was I. :)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Of course it is rape, she said NO. Once is enough let alone three times.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    she said NO.,.passed out or not it doesnst matter..its Rape
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Is that scum bag in jail yet?
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    Definitely rape.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Agree with everyone else. Definitely rape.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

I feel so guilty for not being able to prevent this. I saw it coming and I tried so hard. And having been through it myself, I still found myself feeling helpless towards her as she was telling me all about it and I remembered the feelings and saw the flashbacks. But despite all of that, I got through it, paid attention to her, got a list of resources to hit in the morning and I will see her through every step of the way. And I didn't shed a single fucking year for my own shit so I'm pretty damn proud right now!

First, I'm sorry because I know that this had to be hard on you.

Secondly, yes. It is most definitely rape. Now would be the time to have a rape kit done. Would she consider that?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Sorry to hear about this...and sorry that it happens. No unequivocally means no.
    Rape.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Yes, it is rape. No, whether it is once or a dozen times, is no. Unconscious is not consent.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Sorry this happened to you and your friend. I hope #1 on your resource list was to call the mofo cops!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625

Proud that you are being a good friend...don't forget to take a minute (or 5) today to process your feelings about 'your own shit.'
    Crazy to hear a guy say this (right?) but pushing it down further ultimately doesn't work out as well as you might think. No reason you cannot call timeout for a bit to let some of that out.
    Good luck.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    She said "no" - check
    He did it anyway - check

Yep, that's textbook.
  • Options

Proud that you are being a good friend...don't forget to take a minute (or 5) today to process your feelings about 'your own shit.'
    Crazy to hear a guy say this (right?) but pushing it down further ultimately doesn't work out as well as you might think. No reason you cannot call timeout for a bit to let some of that out.
    Good luck.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I told her...that she has to deal with this now or it will explode later. And I'm watching out for myself too. Too many people depend on me for me to fall apart.
  • Options
    And no police. No rape kit. She's refusing everything and blaming herself of course. I can understand that so am working around it.
  • Options

Good luck.
    Thanks. That's exactly what I told her...that she has to deal with this now or it will explode later. And I'm watching out for myself too. Too many people depend on me for me to fall apart.
    Then take 30 minutes and process it like FME is suggesting. Close your eyes and breathe. You're doing what you can for this woman.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    That's rape. Not an opinion. Only fact.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited February 2017
    Rape.

And a mission for Team Slap.

Chadwick, Hedonist, and myself will begin preparations to ready the Slap Van... commence to your locale... and administer a twin cheek slap with our patented kick to the balls.

Maybe Scruffy wants to hop in and I can show him how to shoot someone with a rubber band (he's been practicing but he keeps snapping his thumb- he still can't ge the band moving off his thumb as a forward moving projectile).

What a loser (the rapist... not Scruffy!).
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    SD and I have offered our services as Team Shiv. Perhaps we should go group trip? I can stop by Sam's Club on the way and buy a case of rubber bands for all of you. SD and I need plastic sheeting anyhow...
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Team Shiv and Team Slap - fucking yes and yes.

It's sad that the initial question even needs to be posed. Answer - of course.

I hope the fuckwad doesn't do this to other women...likely it's happened before. But, it's also sad that she's not pursuing his prosecution, even if for her own reasons. I hope she finds the strength and eventual clarity to get the help she seems to need.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    One has to be pretty twisted and demented to want to or actually have sex with an unconsious person. It's by far and certainly rape. I hope the young women can get some therapy especially since there doesn't appear that any justice will come forth in this case.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Sorry for the heavy subject but I'm curious on people's opinions....
    Here's the scenario:
    Woman spends a night at a bar with a guy having a good time. She says it's time to go home and he offers to walk her. She's being flirty and they share a kiss or two. He suggests stopping at a playground along the way. They lay down on the slide, continue kissing, as he tries to pull her pants off. She says no three times but then blacks out somewhat and the deed is done.
    Who considers that rape?

Consent wasn't given so it's rape. When you're wasted or impaired, you CAN'T GIVE true consent. Rape.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Counseling is the only confidential place one can report rape and not have to involve police or anyone else for that matter if the victim doesn't want to. Hand this off to the professionals IMO.
    www.cluthelee.com