Options

Do believe President Trump will create new job's as he promised ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.

Lol
    the Truth is a hard pill to swallow isn't it ?

You should know more than anyone around here.
    true, I've been watching you guy's choke for about 5 years now

• Options

if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.

Lol

Just stop.

I mean... back there in your quotes... you admonished everybody for not thinking with an open mind.

Seriously? This is coming from a guy that has trouble spelling his name, is openly racist, gushes over a blatant idiot the rest of the world chuckles over, and to boot... believes there's a white haired gentleman that lives in the clouds and eternal life after he dies.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Lol

Lol

Just stop.

I mean... back there in your quotes... you admonished everybody for not thinking with an open mind.

Seriously? This is coming from a guy that has trouble spelling his name, is openly racist, gushes over a blatant idiot the rest of the world chuckles over, and to boot... believes there's a white haired gentleman that lives in the clouds and eternal life after he dies.
    openly racist ? that's not true.
    trouble spelling my name ? that's not true.
    gushes over a blatant idiot ? that's not true.
    believes there's a white haired gentleman that lives in the clouds and eternal life after he dies. ? if you are referring to God then that is true
    but I really don't know what he looks like.

• Options

Lol

Lol

Just stop.

believes there's a white haired gentleman that lives in the clouds and eternal life after he dies. ? if you are referring to God then that is true

Items #1 and #3 are debatable.

You are correct with items #2 and #4.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    There was no "I hope the unemployment rate continues to decline under Trump as it has done since 2010" option in this poll but that would be the one I'd pick.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    unsung said:

MayDay10 said:

these manufacturing jobs...

Are they needed/wanted?

I know just a couple people who are unemployed and in each case it is self-inflicted and reversible. Pretty much everyone I know seems to be doing well. People like to debate this jobs topic on the internet with $500 smart phones, manufactured in tucked-away places where people may $1 an hour, sleep stacked up in dorms. Dorms have suicide nets because if an 'employee' kills themself, they are useless to the company.

The 40s and 50s, with entire towns' male population punching into a factory for their shift, with apple pies cooling on a window sill, and everyone attending church on Sunday is not coming back.

It is important to create and maintain jobs of all varieties and keep things going in favor of that.... but I do not think we are in some crisis with bread lines.

I think the keys, and the focus should be on education, science, and innovation. I wouldn't mind seeing welfare/unemployment benefits reformed. This 'driving the illegals out' and being adversarial to the global economy to save jobs just seems like low hanging fruit sound-bytes.

The 40/50/60's analogy will never happen because both people need to work to pay for basic everyday goods. It is a rarity to have one parent staying home anymore.

Of course it happened in the name of rights and govt was behind it because it meant more tax dollars to feed the machine.
    ugh. it didn't happen just "in the name of rights". it also happened because inflation was rising faster than incomes.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    unsung said:

MayDay10 said:

these manufacturing jobs...

Are they needed/wanted?

I know just a couple people who are unemployed and in each case it is self-inflicted and reversible. Pretty much everyone I know seems to be doing well. People like to debate this jobs topic on the internet with $500 smart phones, manufactured in tucked-away places where people may $1 an hour, sleep stacked up in dorms. Dorms have suicide nets because if an 'employee' kills themself, they are useless to the company.

The 40s and 50s, with entire towns' male population punching into a factory for their shift, with apple pies cooling on a window sill, and everyone attending church on Sunday is not coming back.

It is important to create and maintain jobs of all varieties and keep things going in favor of that.... but I do not think we are in some crisis with bread lines.

I think the keys, and the focus should be on education, science, and innovation. I wouldn't mind seeing welfare/unemployment benefits reformed. This 'driving the illegals out' and being adversarial to the global economy to save jobs just seems like low hanging fruit sound-bytes.

The 40/50/60's analogy will never happen because both people need to work to pay for basic everyday goods. It is a rarity to have one parent staying home anymore.

Of course it happened in the name of rights and govt was behind it because it meant more tax dollars to feed the machine.
    Is the middle class paying a higher tax rate now then they did back then? I don't know the answer but it sounds like you do.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

He's lied over 40 times since becoming President. When would be enough for you to see him as unfit?
    All politicians lie.

Should I go back and find the numerous times I was told that here just prior to the election in defense of Clinton?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    unsung said:

He's lied over 40 times since becoming President. When would be enough for you to see him as unfit?
    All politicians lie.

Should I go back and find the numerous times I was told that here just prior to the election in defense of Clinton?
    again, you are answering a question with a deflectoin instead of answering the question directly.

when, in your mind, does Trump's behaviour constitute him being unfit for that title?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    no !
    unsung said:

All politicians lie.

Distract
    Deflect
    Distract
    Deflect

Rinse & repeat
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Just like all the cabinet nominees at the confirmation hearings. No straight answer, all stuttering and deflection.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    no !
    unsung said:

All politicians lie.

Distract
    Deflect
    Distract
    Deflect

Rinse & repeat
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

All politicians lie.

again, you are answering a question with a deflectoin instead of answering the question directly.

when, in your mind, does Trump's behaviour constitute him being unfit for that title?
    Whenever you decide Obama was unfit for his.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mfc2006 said:

unsung said:

All politicians lie.

Distract
    Deflect
    Distract
    Deflect

Rinse & repeat
    Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey
    Water, water, water
    Sleep
    Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey
    Wake up, shake it off
    And repeat

- John Mayer
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options

Lol

Lol

Just stop.

Items #1 and #3 are debatable.

You are correct with items #2 and #4.
    your opinion has been noted.

• Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,836
    no !
    I would have said yes if this was a choice:

o Yes! If you are a robot.

• Options
    eddiec said:

I would have said yes if this was a choice:

o Yes! If you are a robot.

o.k...I gotta ask, why a robot ? I thought it was the dem vote that was in question for fraudulent voters.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,144
    No president going forward will be able to help the job situation. When population goes up and technology and science make jobs scarcer because a computer/machine/robot does the work of several people at once, more people have to scramble for less jobs. It will get ugly in our lifetimes for certain.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Technology through automation is replacing more and more people each day, many jobs can't come back.

Pretty soon those min wage fry guy jobs will be all automated, then what do you do with millions of no/low skill workers? Compound that with endless uncontrolled illegal immigration and importations of more unskilled workers. The math doesn't work out positively.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    no !
    unsung said:

Technology through automation is replacing more and more people each day, many jobs can't come back.

Pretty soon those min wage fry guy jobs will be all automated, then what do you do with millions of no/low skill workers? Compound that with endless uncontrolled illegal immigration and importations of more unskilled workers. The math doesn't work out positively.

that's why education is so important. too many people can't do math.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    unsung said:

Unsung, there are a lot of articles being written about how even skilled workers and thinkers are likely to be replaced by AI-equipped machinery down the line. Based on that, I think it's paramount that a quality education system mandates programming and/or logic courses. I also feel that ethics courses will become more and more important, as there will come a time when we need to code the morality we apply to decision making.

The first psych course I took used an example of a train going towards two people tied to a track. You can't slow down the train, but you can change it to the alternate track to go towards one person on the track. What do you do? This is a pretty typical variation on a thought experiment, and if we're to have self-driving cars on the road, our vehicles need to know what we deem the best answer on what to do. Lawyers and ethics experts will need to work closely with AI designers to optimize safety based on human interpretations of justice.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    no !

No president going forward will be able to help the job situation. When population goes up and technology and science make jobs scarcer because a computer/machine/robot does the work of several people at once, more people have to scramble for less jobs. It will get ugly in our lifetimes for certain.

not true. there will always be jobs out there. new jobs in manufacturing and service of the machines will be created. the jobs are just going to require higher skills which means higher pay as well. our work force will rise to this. everyone will benefit. only those who fear will be left behind. do not fear.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

not true. there will always be jobs out there. new jobs in manufacturing and service of the machines will be created. the jobs are just going to require higher skills which means higher pay as well. our work force will rise to this. everyone will benefit. only those who fear will be left behind. do not fear.
    agreed, I talked this over with union members and the jobs robotics will create will soften the blow of job loss...hopefully, but as you just stated it's going to take trade reassignment and training.

• Options
    no !
    just clicked over to my FB feed and this is the first thing i saw:
    https://wired.com/2017/02/programming-is-the-new-blue-collar-job/?mbid=social_fb
  • Options
    The recent discussion is a good one.

The new era and its landscape will have nothing to do with Trump. It's merely the evolution of society. As we become more mechanized, the future will boast employment opportunities in such fields (development, maintenance, marketing, sales, etc.).

Anyone at a job dependent on technology can attest to the fact that support is necessary.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,144
    Totally agree with what you guys have said above. Just makes me wonder how we'll be able to create jobs at the same rate our population is growing.... i just looked it up though and the us's growth was the slowest since 1937 last year at like .7%, so maybe we all won't go down in flames after all!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.