Do believe President Trump will create new job's as he promised ?

Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
edited February 2017 in A Moving Train

Do believe President Trump will create new job's as he promised ? 15 votes

yes he will !
26%
mcgruff10Dirtie_FrankbucballBLACK35 4 votes
I doubt it
26%
a5pjKev - Coat and KeysMagoo2riley540 4 votes
no !
46%
gimmesometruth272-feign-reluctanceMayDay10vaggar99mfc2006Santos L. Halpereddiec 7 votes
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    sure seems he's got a plan and the drive to get done.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    no !
    Im going to lose my job because of him... does that count?
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    MayDay10 said:

Im going to lose my job because of him... does that count?

Curious. How are you losing your job directly because of him?
    no !
    His epa pick and war on the epa.

My career is environmental clean up. Much of it done for the epa.

But hey, i guess i can get a low paying job in some factory now with no emission or health standards.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited February 2017
    MayDay10 said:

But hey, i guess i can get a low paying job in some factory now with no emission or health standards.

Thanks for your answer. Fingers crossed you don't lose your job.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Promised?
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    MayDay10 said:

Did you clean up the EPA's mess in Colorado?
  • sure seems he's got a plan and the drive to get done.

But, for what cost...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited February 2017
    no !
    unsung said:

MayDay10 said:

Did you clean up the EPA's mess in Colorado?
    No, but have done a lot of work cleaning up residential areas and waterways in NJ, NY, PA, DE, VA, OH, MI, WI, and IN.
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    wheres the fuck your poll choice?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Government can't create non government jobs, government can only limit red tape that prevents jobs from being created.
    no !
    these manufacturing jobs...

Are they needed/wanted?

I know just a couple people who are unemployed and in each case it is self-inflicted and reversible. Pretty much everyone I know seems to be doing well. People like to debate this jobs topic on the internet with $500 smart phones, manufactured in tucked-away places where people may $1 an hour, sleep stacked up in dorms. Dorms have suicide nets because if an 'employee' kills themself, they are useless to the company.

The 40s and 50s, with entire towns' male population punching into a factory for their shift, with apple pies cooling on a window sill, and everyone attending church on Sunday is not coming back.

It is important to create and maintain jobs of all varieties and keep things going in favor of that.... but I do not think we are in some crisis with bread lines.

I think the keys, and the focus should be on education, science, and innovation. I wouldn't mind seeing welfare/unemployment benefits reformed. This 'driving the illegals out' and being adversarial to the global economy to save jobs just seems like low hanging fruit sound-bytes.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Sadly, President Trump signed an order to continue the construction of the South Dakota pipeline which appears in turn continue various jobs. Maybe that's the ONLY thing he's looking at with that decision.....It's creating jobs which sucks.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    no !
    he will take credit for jobs created as a result of Obama policies. his policies will create trade wars and market instability. we all know what happens next.
    g under p said:

Sadly, President Trump signed an order to continue the construction of the South Dakota pipeline which appears in turn continue various jobs. Maybe that's the ONLY thing he's looking at with that decision.....It's creating jobs which sucks.

Peace

jobs that suck ? don't apply for them right ?

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    g under p said:

Peace

Yup it creates hundreds of TEMPORARY jobs.
    When completed there will be maybe 50 FULL TIME jobs associated directly with the pipeline.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641

g under p said:

Peace

Yup it creates hundreds of TEMPORARY jobs.
    When completed there will be maybe 50 FULL TIME jobs associated directly with the pipeline.
    and other temporary jobs later for leak clean up. which WILL happen.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Sharp Corp, the Japanses display maker, may break ground on a $7-billion plant in the U.S. as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe readies for his first meeting with President Trump, Reuters reported.

A Sharp spokesman told the news agency that no final decision has been made on the plant, but the report said Sharp is taking the lead on a project initially outlined by its parent company Foxconn.

The report said that the chief executive of Foxconn floated the idea about the $7-billion display-making plant. He did not elaborate where or when the project would occur.

VIDEO: US ECONOMY ADDED 227K JOBS IN JANUARY

Japan, which has a consistent trade surplus with the U.S., is putting the finishing touches on a package that it claims will create 700,000 jobs in the U.S. and help create a $450-billion market, Reuters reported, citing government sources familiar with the plans.

Abe and President Trump are expected to meet on Feb. 10 at Mar-a-Lago, where the two will play gold following a meeting in D.C. on Friday. Major Japanese newspapers cited a draft of the proposal that calls for cooperation on building high-speed trains in the U.S. northeast, Texas and California. The two sides would also jointly develop artificial intelligence, robotics, space and Internet technology.

The Japanese may use money from its foreign exchange reserves to fund the package, Reuters reported.

On a broader basis, the two countries would cooperate in building liquefied natural gas facilities in Asia to help expand exports of U.S. natural gas and work together to expand nuclear energy-related sales.

The aim appears to be to turn what could potentially be a major crisis over trade friction into a business opportunity for both sides.

Abe's proposed public-private initiative is intended to create several hundred thousand jobs, the reports said Thursday, and involve $150 billion in new investment in U.S. infrastructure from Japanese government and private sources over the next decade.

Asked in parliament about his plans for talks with Trump, Abe said Japanese companies are making significant contributions to the U.S. economy.

MayDay10 said:

these manufacturing jobs...

Are they needed/wanted?

I know just a couple people who are unemployed and in each case it is self-inflicted and reversible. Pretty much everyone I know seems to be doing well. People like to debate this jobs topic on the internet with $500 smart phones, manufactured in tucked-away places where people may $1 an hour, sleep stacked up in dorms. Dorms have suicide nets because if an 'employee' kills themself, they are useless to the company.

The 40s and 50s, with entire towns' male population punching into a factory for their shift, with apple pies cooling on a window sill, and everyone attending church on Sunday is not coming back.

It is important to create and maintain jobs of all varieties and keep things going in favor of that.... but I do not think we are in some crisis with bread lines.

I think the keys, and the focus should be on education, science, and innovation. I wouldn't mind seeing welfare/unemployment benefits reformed. This 'driving the illegals out' and being adversarial to the global economy to save jobs just seems like low hanging fruit sound-bytes.

The 40/50/60's analogy will never happen because both people need to work to pay for basic everyday goods. It is a rarity to have one parent staying home anymore.

Of course it happened in the name of rights and govt was behind it because it meant more tax dollars to feed the machine.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

Sharp Corp, the Japanses display maker, may break ground on a $7-billion plant in the U.S. as Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe readies for his first meeting with President Trump, Reuters reported.

A Sharp spokesman told the news agency that no final decision has been made on the plant, but the report said Sharp is taking the lead on a project initially outlined by its parent company Foxconn.

The report said that the chief executive of Foxconn floated the idea about the $7-billion display-making plant. He did not elaborate where or when the project would occur.

Japan, which has a consistent trade surplus with the U.S., is putting the finishing touches on a package that it claims will create 700,000 jobs in the U.S. and help create a $450-billion market, Reuters reported, citing government sources familiar with the plans.

Abe and President Trump are expected to meet on Feb. 10 at Mar-a-Lago, where the two will play gold following a meeting in D.C. on Friday. Major Japanese newspapers cited a draft of the proposal that calls for cooperation on building high-speed trains in the U.S. northeast, Texas and California. The two sides would also jointly develop artificial intelligence, robotics, space and Internet technology.

The Japanese may use money from its foreign exchange reserves to fund the package, Reuters reported.

On a broader basis, the two countries would cooperate in building liquefied natural gas facilities in Asia to help expand exports of U.S. natural gas and work together to expand nuclear energy-related sales.

The aim appears to be to turn what could potentially be a major crisis over trade friction into a business opportunity for both sides.

Abe's proposed public-private initiative is intended to create several hundred thousand jobs, the reports said Thursday, and involve $150 billion in new investment in U.S. infrastructure from Japanese government and private sources over the next decade.

Asked in parliament about his plans for talks with Trump, Abe said Japanese companies are making significant contributions to the U.S. economy.

so we need Japanese money to create jobs here in the USA?

I thought America would make America great again?

To me all this means President Trump will be back in town to ty up traffic again....Please build him that helicopter pad at Mar a Lago.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

my2hands said:

so we need Japanese money to create jobs here in the USA?

I thought America would make America great again?
    sell your Toyota, it's made in America as well. your reply was typical of a democratic liberal (if are or not I don't know) although I am no supporter of overseas products for my own reasons...none of which have anything to do with race, I still believe American's need jobs and the only we can stimulate our economy is to create jobs, sure I'd love to see all American companies in America employing Legal Americans.

• sure seems he's got a plan and the drive to get done.

Key terms: sure seems

Some folk have gone all in on this idiot for this. It sure seems he's going to make America great again.

In time, GF, you'll understand what an idiot this man is. This was a vain pursuit of his- not one borne of a dying need to help America and Americans. He bamboozled you, but don't worry... you weren't the only one.

By the way, 'promised' is spelled with an 's'... not a 'c'. You should fix your thread title. When a Trump supporter starts a thread with such a basic mistake, it fuels the stereotype of the Trump base mostly comprised of slack jawed fools.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.
  • if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.

Lol

if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.

Lol
    the Truth is a hard pill to swallow isn't it ?

• if this was Obama helping to cut this deal you guy's would be gitty as school girls with excitement, no matter what President Trump does to improve this country many of you all will cry foul for some reason or another just because it's President Trump, take of the blinders and think with an open mind.

Lol

You should know more than anyone around here.

He's lied over 40 times since becoming President. When would be enough for you to see him as unfit?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,846
    I doubt it

He's lied over 40 times since becoming President. When would be enough for you to see him as unfit?
    Seems like 40 times a day when you include his lackey's making up alternative facts to support Trumps lies.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Lol

You should know more than anyone around here.
    Ha, =) LOL. President Trump has certainly been amusing if nothing else.

Peace