Options

Bet you didn't know this...

will myself to find a home, a home within myself
we will find a way, we will find our place

Comments

• Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    That's good trivia, but the headline of the story is, as most are these days, grossly misleading and basically clickbait. It's like saying I had a box of flour and was going to make pancakes, but my wife wasn't hungry for pancakes, so I made some biscuits.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    I was really only hoping to ruin Godfathers day.
  • Options
    PJinIL said:

That's good trivia, but the headline of the story is, as most are these days, grossly misleading and basically clickbait. It's like saying I had a box of flour and was going to make pancakes, but my wife wasn't hungry for pancakes, so I made some biscuits.

Yea, i was very lazy with this. It was put together in haste.
  • Options
    PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431

PJinIL said:

Yea, i was very lazy with this. It was put together in haste.
    Sorry, I wasn't commenting on your content, rather the headline Yahoo wrote...I liked the post and historical trivia.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

Try this out mate @Godfather.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

What does that do?
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

well well well ......seems as though my celebrity exceeds me, Gentlemen there will be no back stage passes given out for flattery......
    ruin my day ? LOL !!!!! in fact I'm a little flush with excitement knowing you two have taken the time to think about me while
    admiring the statue of liberty, I watched the short clip myself and heard no reference to muslim women, they'd probably sell the female model
    into the human trafficking/sex slave industry anyway, isn't that sort of behavior kind of common in that culture ? or am I wrong about that ?

• Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Bet nobody cares.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

What does that do?
    it gives the person you are talking about/to a notification that they have been mentioned in a post.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

well well well ......seems as though my celebrity exceeds me, Gentlemen there will be no back stage passes given out for flattery......
    ruin my day ? LOL !!!!! in fact I'm a little flush with excitement knowing you two have taken the time to think about me while
    admiring the statue of liberty, I watched the short clip myself and heard no reference to muslim women, they'd probably sell the female model
    into the human trafficking/sex slave industry anyway, isn't that sort of behavior kind of common in that culture ? or am I wrong about that ?

And I bet you attribute sex trafficking in the US to our culture, as well.
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772

What does that do?
    it gives the person you are talking about/to a notification that they have been mentioned in a post.
    That works if they have selected the option to be notified in their Notification Preferences. :)
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options

nope, I actually have no idea who is involved in that crap, if they're foreigner's or Americans ? but I would guess there are sick freaks all over the world.

• Options

nope, I actually have no idea who is involved in that crap, if they're foreigner's or Americans ? but I would guess there are sick freaks all over the world.

So when it happens in the US, it's not the fault of our culture, but when it happens somewhere else that you have little knowledge of, you attribute it to the culture. This is a good example of ignorance breeding prejudice.
  • Options
    unsung said:

Bet nobody cares.

Considering the response so far, I'd take that bet
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    FAKE NEWS

Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi proposed building a light house at the Suiz Canel but it was not commissioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frédéric_Auguste_Bartholdi#Early_sculptures_and_work_in_Colmar
  • Options

So when it happens in the US, it's not the fault of our culture, but when it happens somewhere else that you have little knowledge of, you attribute it to the culture. This is a good example of ignorance breeding prejudice. </blockquote

you're looking for an argument, I simply stated a fact, was my statement wrong ?

• Options

So when it happens in the US, it's not the fault of our culture, but when it happens somewhere else that you have little knowledge of, you attribute it to the culture. This is a good example of ignorance breeding prejudice.
    You stated an opinion, not a fact. I hope you know the difference. Blaming sex trafficking on one culture, but not blaming a different culture where the same thing happens is an opinion.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009

What the hell? "that culture"?
    What exactly are you saying here?
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    This statue must be one of the coolest statues there is existing :)
  • Options

You stated an opinion, not a fact. I hope you know the difference. Blaming sex trafficking on one culture, but not blaming a different culture where the same thing happens is an opinion. </blockquot

LOL really ???? did I blame it on one culture ? I made reference to a culture and never said it didn't happen in others, you need a beer and doobie......mellllllowwwww. but really I don't hear much of 9 year old child brides marring 30 to 80 year old men in America.

• Options

You stated an opinion, not a fact. I hope you know the difference. Blaming sex trafficking on one culture, but not blaming a different culture where the same thing happens is an opinion.
    Maybe you forgot what you just posted about attributing sex trafficking to their culture, but not to American culture when it happens here. And I think I've been pretty mellow in response to your prejudicial comment.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

that was just too easy lol
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

Then read a little more about the fundamentalist LDS sects. In BC we just had three people convicted for trafficking underage girls across the border to LDS leaders in the US.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf