Options

Cold showers...

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
edited February 2017 in All Encompassing Trip
...are the best. I feel amazing after one. Energized and in a good mood.
I've recently decided to take a 30 day cold shower challenge as it is meant to have many health benefits.
It's summer her so it's refreshing, the first 10-20 seconds suck but after that it is amazing.
I am not sure if I will say that in winter when the water temperature is much cooler.

Anyone else here take cold showers?
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited February 2017
    I take a 3 minutes cold shower every week day in the morning. Really helps me wake up and is really good for my mental health. I also take a warm shower at night before going to bed which also rocks
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    ehbacon said:

I take a 3 minutes cold shower every week day in the morning. Really helps me wake up and is really good with my mental health. I also take a warm showeregards at night before going to bed which also rocks

Yeah from what I have read online cold showers are good for depression.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    edited February 2017

ehbacon said:

I take a 3 minutes cold shower every week day in the morning. Really helps me wake up and is really good with my mental health. I also take a warm showeregards at night before going to bed which also rocks

Yeah from what I have read online cold showers are good for depression.
    Indeed, I have struggled with depression and intense stress/anxiety in the past. Got help and went to therapy for it, and this is one of the things they told me to do. Been getting better for awhile and cold showers definitely played a part in that. Definitely would recommend it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hopefully they're not taken at the gym :whistle:

Sorry yet again, but that door is wide-the-fuck-open =)
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    At first I read this as Gold Showers lol
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

At first I read this as Gold Showers lol

I'm not Donald J Trump.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

...are the best. I feel amazing after one. Energized and in a good mood.
    I've recently decided to take a 30 day cold shower challenge as it is meant to have many health benefits.
    It's summer her so it's refreshing, the first 10-20 seconds suck but after that it is amazing.
    I am not sure if I will say that in winter when the water temperature is much cooler.

Anyone else here take cold showers?

I like to start warm and do all my cleaning then finish by getting colder and colder...that way I feel cleaner and don't have that thin film of post-shower sweat from the steam.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    I normally stick to cold the whole way unless I come home from the beach and cold water won't wash out the sand on my feet lol.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Only in the summer after some type of active recreation. Otherwise I need warm water.

Conversely, what is it with women and the scolding hot showers? Any woman I've ever dated and hopped in the shower with, they turn that shit all the way up. I'm talking turn the knob 100% to the left on the red H so that only hot water is coming out. Scolding hot water that actually burns. How do they stand that??
  • Options

Only in the summer after some type of active recreation. Otherwise I need warm water.

Conversely, what is it with women and the scolding hot showers? Any woman I've ever dated and hopped in the shower with, they turn that shit all the way up. I'm talking turn the knob 100% to the left on the red H so that only hot water is coming out. Scolding hot water that actually burns. How do they stand that??

Because they always complain about feeling cold.
  • Options

I've never done anything to water, to warrant it scolding me =)

As to the temp...some like it hot.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I've never done anything to water, to warrant it scolding me =)

As to the temp...some like it hot.
    Haha, *scalding. I stand corrected.
  • Options

There are women I work with that have blankets thrown over their laps during the dead heat of summer.
  • Options

There are women I work with that have blankets thrown over their laps during the dead heat of summer.
    I've known men (well, at the time, they were boys), who had to utilize the "towel on lap" maneuver.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I've known men (well, at the time, they were boys), who had to utilize the "towel on lap" maneuver.
    Towel tent! :rofl:
  • Options
    Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    when you say "cold" how cold do you mean?
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Super hot. In touch with my feminine side. And I don't want my masculine side to shrivel to oblivion.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    Yeah, Mal!
  • Options
    Rival178 said:

Only the cold tap turned on. I am not sure what the temperature of tap water is here.
    I think it is about 15c.
  • Options
    Rival178 said:

you know when your in the shower and it gets really cold for a second? A little bit colder than that.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    This is deadly for me. With the nerve damage effecting my circulation. I hit hypothermia in an instant. This, sadly, means playing in the snow anymore is out as well. Scalding hot water is only warm to me.. Nuerapathy is a really weird thing....