NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

123457»

Comments

  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 38,694
    The Killing is on Netflix now (I think it was AMC originally). I've been binge watching it, and it's super duper good IMO. The only problem is that for some reason Netflix Canada has neglected to include season 3. It's just got 1, 2, and 4. How stupid is that? I'm thinking it might just be a mistake. Anyway, I'm having to stream season 3 from another source, so that's fine, but not so much for those who don't know how or where to stream from.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 10,591
    Watching Wormwood, very good.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 11,438
    Went back and finished Godless.  Glad I did, I liked the way it wrapped up.  [Glad I watched this over time, as well -- was a bit much to take at times.]
    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16, R&RHoF 4/7/17
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 11,438
    dankind said:
    Watching Wormwood, very good.
    Been looking at that, but it has Alma Garret/Jackie Sharp in it.  One of my least favorite actresses.  (It could just be that she suffers be comparison to the other actors in those two shows, but I find her to be like nails on a chalkboard.)
    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16, R&RHoF 4/7/17
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 10,591
    dankind said:
    Watching Wormwood, very good.
    Been looking at that, but it has Alma Garret/Jackie Sharp in it.  One of my least favorite actresses.  (It could just be that she suffers be comparison to the other actors in those two shows, but I find her to be like nails on a chalkboard.)
    She doesn’t speak much. Her role is basically to look like a distraught and bereaved wife and mother in the dramatizations (re-enactments). 

    Errol Morris is our greatest investigative filmmaker. Don’t let an actor keep you from experiencing his work.

    I can appreciate Eyes Wide Shut, and that has two of the most vapid twats extant in the lead roles. But the film itself is a gorgeously surrealistic and lurid work of art. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 11,438
    With that suggestion I will give it a whirl.  Watching some Black Mirror episodes on my own as well as just starting Dark with my wife.
    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16, R&RHoF 4/7/17
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 38,694
    edited January 17
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OHPosts: 2,044
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    I watched the first season(or most of it) when it was on Fox.  I got bored with it and stopped watching it.  I think it got canceled and then brought back.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 38,694
    edited January 17
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    I watched the first season(or most of it) when it was on Fox.  I got bored with it and stopped watching it.  I think it got canceled and then brought back.
    It actually gets better IMO. Tandy gets somewhat less annoying (but is still brutal, but that's the point - a lot of the other characters just keep hating him more and more as the show goes on, lol), and by the 3rd season it's a fair bit darker (that's as far as I've got). Whoops, my mistake. Last Man On Earth hasn't been cancelled for the 18-19 season. That's Last Man Standing that was cancelled. It still remains to be seen if Last Man On Earth gets a season 5..... I actually hope so. While I hate Phil/Tandy, I am still pretty transfixed by the storyline.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OHPosts: 2,044
    PJ_Soul said:
    KC138045 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The Last Man On Earth recently got put up so I've been watching that. I like and I don't like it. Love the premise. Some of the characters are great. They manage to end each episode with a bit of a cliffhanger. Once in a while I have a really good laugh from it. The problem is that I've never seen a show with a more irritating and unlikeable main character. I mean, he is unlikeable by design. Everyone on the actual show basically hates him because he is just such a stupid fucking idiot and never shuts the hell up, and that is part of the story. But they went way overboard with how annoying he is IMO. The only reason I'm still watching it is because I want to see how it concludes... although I don't even know if there is a conclusion. The show just got cancelled I think, and I have no idea if they actually resolved the storyline before that happened. Anyway, each episode is only 21 minutes long or something like, so even with that problem, it's a pretty easy watch.
    I watched the first season(or most of it) when it was on Fox.  I got bored with it and stopped watching it.  I think it got canceled and then brought back.
    It actually gets better IMO. Tandy gets somewhat less annoying (but is still brutal, but that's the point - a lot of the other characters just keep hating him more and more as the show goes on, lol), and by the 3rd season it's a fair bit darker (that's as far as I've got). Whoops, my mistake. Last Man On Earth hasn't been cancelled for the 18-19 season. That's Last Man Standing that was cancelled. It still remains to be seen if Last Man On Earth gets a season 5..... I actually hope so. While I hate Phil/Tandy, I am still pretty transfixed by the storyline.
    Maybe I'll give it another shot.  I not sure were I left it off.  
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 10,013
    Brilliant!!!


    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 10,591
    Started GLOW last night. The first two episodes were pretty entertaining.

    Then again, I could watch Alison Brie recite the phone book. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 11,438
    Like GLOW also....about 5 episodes in.
    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16, R&RHoF 4/7/17
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 10,591
    I've never seen the guy playing the director in anything. He's pretty good, too
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Miss.SnowdropMiss.Snowdrop ScotlandPosts: 83
    edited January 29
    Watching Outsiders at the moment. My kind of show!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7K0ecPen2c
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 10,013
    edited January 31
    For the sci-fi fans..

    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 3,247
    Mindhunter - Loved it.

    Blew through the series in 3 days. Haven't binge watched a show like that in forever.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 746
    tbergs said:
    Mindhunter - Loved it.

    Blew through the series in 3 days. Haven't binge watched a show like that in forever.
    Yep - thought it was great and can't wait for series 2
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 10,013
    I'm going to watch this tonight..looks interesting..


    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commetsPosts: 11,438
    Somebody Feed Phil
    &
    I'll have what Phil is having
    This dude cracks me up.  Both are on Netflix



    Berkeley 10/31/93,Indio 11/5/93,San Diego 11/7/95,Irvine 6/3/03,LA 7/10/06,Universal City 10/7/09,Long Beach 7/6/11 (EV),Vancouver 9/25/11, Philly 9/2/12,Wrigley 7/19/13,Philly 1 & 2,10/21/13,10/22/13, Cincy 10/1/14, GCF 9/26/15, Philly 1/2 4/28/16, 4/29/16, MSG 1/2 5/1/16, 5/2/16, Fenway2 8/7/16, R&RHoF 4/7/17
123457»
Sign In or Register to comment.