Options

Brother just got tickets to HOF

SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
Asked if I am interested.

It will cost thousands of dollars since I live in Taipei. Every time I see PJ I spend thousands of dollars (getting old actually). Save it for tour? or go HOF? I hate this.

firstworldproblems

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    Three songs/ four songs at the most.
    But you get to hang with your brother.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    Skip it. This is Pearl Jam's personal achievement. Skip the banquet and living through someone else's achievements and save the money for a real concert.
  • Options
    I think I'm with the others. I have no doubt that the HOF would be a great experience, but with the time and money you're required to put into it...I'm not sure it could possibly live up to what I'd expect for that sort of monetary commitment.
    Save it for multiple shows. If there were guaranteed shows around the time of the HOF, I'd think differently.
    Having said all of that, like my man mcgruff said, quality time with your brother. One thing we are guaranteed in life is never having enough time with loved ones when we meet our end. There is never enough time to be with a brother or whatever. That makes money worries insignificant.
    I wasn't any help at all.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,519
    Ha. Thanks for the no help...:) Still of the 3 replies they all lean to skip it and I think that is wise. If it was a small venue than I might think otherwise.

I will pass and come to Asia PJ!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,872
    Smellyman said:

Ha. Thanks for the no help...:) Still of the 3 replies they all lean to skip it and I think that is wise. If it was a small venue than I might think otherwise.

I will pass and come to Asia PJ!

I think passing up this one is a good idea. I'm an hour away from the venue and decided to skip it because it's not worth it to me. Literally you'd be spending thousands of dollars for three songs that you've heard many times before.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I only regret the things I do not do.....
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,425
    I'm an hour away so I'm going. If I lived in Asia I would skip it.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Agree, not worth it unless you were planning to visit New York/the States anyway.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I wouldn't go. I'm chomping at the bit for a new tour to travel to, but I did not even consider this being in Chicago.
  • Options
    Does he try to put the blame on you?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,175
    on2legs said:

I'm an hour away so I'm going. If I lived in Asia I would skip it.

Agree with this.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22