Options

Springsteen at Australia Concert: 'We Stand Before You Embarrassed Americans'

Comments

• Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    I bet if you asked that guy in your avatar pic he would say he's embarrassed too.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    It's a bit one sided to suggest that Bruce isn't able to speak his mind, but our president calls people and business failing piles of garbage. That is what shouldn't be said. That's embarrassing.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2017
    RiotZact said:

I bet if you asked that guy in your avatar pic he would say he's embarrassed too.

Embarrassed to be hanging out with me? :)
  • Options
    tbergs said:

It's a bit one sided to suggest that Bruce isn't able to speak his mind, but our president calls people and business failing piles of garbage. That is what shouldn't be said. That's embarrassing.

Trump could definitely learn to say things in a different way. But, he may speak that way for a reason....
  • Options

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.
    Bruce is embarrassed. Are you saying 'don't speak freely'?
    Nope - just that he should use different words.
    Obviously you're not grasping the "free" part of "free speech".

Free =\= your perception of an issue
    Just wasn't smart on his part - just alienated a large part of his fanbase....
    You weren't around during the Reagan and W years were you? He said MUCH worse than this and guess what? He still sells out the largest venues in America and around the world. I'm fairly certain his tour last year touring The River was one of the highest grossing tours of the year. He is just fine without you and likeminded people. It's your loss. You're the one missing on great music because he simply did what we all have the right to do.

What if I said pipe fitters (or whatever you are) shouldn't be allowed to speak your minds on politics? Why should musicians and artists be held to another standard?
  • Options

Just because you chose one form of freedom of speech, don't bash those who choose to voice theirs in another manner.
    I can assure you Bruce Springsteen loves this country and would not speak up if he were not fearful for what he sees happening now.

Bruce just should have said he was upset that Trump was elected - I would never say he was an embarrassed American.

You weren't around during the Reagan and W years were you? He said MUCH worse than this and guess what? He still sells out the largest venues in America and around the world. I'm fairly certain his tour last year touring The River was one of the highest grossing tours of the year. He is just fine without you and likeminded people. It's your loss. You're the one missing on great music because he simply did what we all have the right to do.

What if I said pipe fitters (or whatever you are) shouldn't be allowed to speak your minds on politics? Why should musicians and artists be held to another standard?
    As much as Charles Barkley would like to say,"I am not a role model." Stars and the like are role models and should be held to another standard. But unfortunately the "Stars" handlers/controllers often influence what the "Stars" do and say. It's unfortunate money has made many "Stars" cowtail toward one political party or view.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242

tbergs said:

Trump could definitely learn to say things in a different way. But, he may speak that way for a reason....
    Not that I'm trying to change your views, but I don't understand how the person in the highest position in our country can say things completely inappropriate and rude, but saying I'm embarrassed to be an American right now isn't allowed? You know that Trump has been dissing our entire country for about 2 years and saying he is going to make us great again. Saying how we're terrible and not winning. He's the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen. He says no one has more respect for "x" and then in the next breath calls it sad, failing, etc. It's one thing to disagree with a person, but it's completely classless to act like an arrogant ass know it all.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    That doesn't really answer my question. Why can't Bruce use his voice just because he's a musician, but you in the labor force can? That "role model" angle makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    So, about those records.....I think I was the first to ask, so I got dibs....right?
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

He'll still "sell out".
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,626

As much as Charles Barkley would like to say,"I am not a role model." Stars and the like are role models and should be held to another standard. But unfortunately the "Stars" handlers/controllers often influence what the "Stars" do and say. It's unfortunate money has made many "Stars" cowtail toward one political party or view.
    Ah, I see it now. The theory that artists and musicians are often conservative, but "act" liberal because it's cool. I've seen this one before, and it's really conservatives coming up with a half baked theory to try and come to terms with their own belief system that's out of alignment with society.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

What's more embarrassing then the DNC rigging the primaries for a career politician cheating during the debates, spending $1.2B on the campaign, then playing music for the most unlikable loser a day before the election...he should be embarrassed.
    And the kicker, the most embarrassing thing hasn't even happened yet!
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

What's more embarrassing then the DNC rigging the primaries for a career politician cheating during the debates, spending $1.2B on the campaign, then playing music for the most unlikable loser a day before the election...he should be embarrassed.
    What's that?
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562

Did he now? Like boycotting to play a NC gig did? If you're looking to be offended, you're late.
  • Options
    Free said:

Did he now? Like boycotting to play a NC gig did? If you're looking to be offended, you're late.
    Yeah - that was a shill move too that PJ followed
  • Options
    But you wait for this moment to be offended and offer up your vinyls.
  • Options
    The thing is, if you don't want your political musicians to not be political, it's your problem not theirs.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Got a link to the $1.2B campaign spend?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Free said:

The thing is, if you don't want your political musicians to not be political, it's your problem not theirs.

I don't think it's the politics I think it's the consistency.

Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics

8 year hiatus

Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics Politics
  • Options

JC29856 said:

www.followthemoney.com
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

JC29856 said:

www.followthemoney.com
    Funny, you keep making shit up. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Can't defend so troll.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

Free said:

8 year hiatus

War war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war

8 year hiatus

War war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war war
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    JC29856 said:

Free said:

8 year hiatus

Oh so talking about peace is ok but talking about war pigs and dictators has to be consistent.

SNORE
  • Options
    Anyone like some pizza?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I see you cozying up to Jeff there, wouldn't you know, I bet 99% he's embarrassed for America too.
  • Options
    Free said:

I see you cozying up to Jeff there, wouldn't you know, I bet 99% he's embarrassed for America too.

Yeah, but he's smart enough to keep his mouth closed....
  • Options
    Free said:

I didn't even know that was Mr Ament, using a phone, now I get the one post.
    Well that's embarrassing!
  • Options
    Actually, next to Ed, Jeff is by far the most politically outspoken.
  • Options

Actually, next to Ed, Jeff is by far the most politically outspoken.

If I saw Bruce, I would take a picture with him also. But then I would ask, why did you say those things in Australia?
  • Options
    And he'd give you an eloquent, well thought out answer about why he did it. I hope then you could shake his hand, say you're a fan, say you disagree but it's cool because we aren't fucking kindergarteners who disrespect others with another opinion.