Options

Trump ill-tempered towards Australian Prime Minister Turnbull

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    It would appear that Trump is all about flipping the norm. Let's piss off our traditional allies and become cozy with those we're normally cautious of. Conveniently they are also countries he has business interests in.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    When are the adults going to step up and put him in time out?

Where is BS, Mr Foreign Policy Hawk?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Trump says "don't worry about it"!

"The world is in trouble. But we're gonna straighten it out, OK? That's what I do. I fix things," Trump said.

"When you hear about the tough phone calls I'm having, don't worry about it. Just don't worry about it. They're tough. We have to be tough. it's time we're gonna be a little tough, folks. We're taken advantage of by every nation in the world, virtually. It's not gonna happen anymore."

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Who are the people that find this acceptable and more importantly why? If you listen to Trump, we're comparable to a 3rd world country and being taken advantage of by every other country.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    jeffbr said:

Trump says "don't worry about it"!

"The world is in trouble. But we're gonna straighten it out, OK? That's what I do. I fix things," Trump said.

"When you hear about the tough phone calls I'm having, don't worry about it. Just don't worry about it. They're tough. We have to be tough. it's time we're gonna be a little tough, folks. We're taken advantage of by every nation in the world, virtually. It's not gonna happen anymore."

So now the USA is the world's victim, lol. It's so funny how easy it is to reduce Trump to a political message board caricature. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Who are the people that find this acceptable and more importantly why? If you listen to Trump, we're comparable to a 3rd world country and being taken advantage of by every other country.

Do you sit on a gold toilet?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533

tbergs said:

The righteous sit on the toilet of a carpenter. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,613
    rgambs said:

When are the adults going to step up and put him in time out?

Where is BS, Mr Foreign Policy Hawk?

He's searching for the Obama equivalent to ask where was the liberal outrage when he did it.
  • Options

tbergs said:

No, I just shit golden eggs.
  • Options
    Now his spokesman, Sean Spicer, cannot even get our Prime Minister's name right.
    Talk about showing respect to your close allies.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/malcolm-trumbull-is-there-any-greater-insult-for-the-prime-minister-20170203-gu4vok.html
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    tbergs said:

It would appear that Trump is all about flipping the norm. Let's piss off our traditional allies and become cozy with those we're normally cautious of. Conveniently they are also countries he has business interests in.
    Yep. Exactly. Judging by his choice of Secretary of State.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    You know what? If I was trump(goddess forbid) I'd be mightily pissed off about this deal too. Fuck Australia for trying to pass on their 'problem'. If turnball thought for a nano second that trump would be on board with this horseshit agreement then he is a fool.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

You know what? If I was trump(goddess forbid) I'd be mightily pissed off about this deal too. Fuck Australia for trying to pass on their 'problem'. If turnball thought for a nano second that trump would be on board with this horseshit agreement then he is a fool.

I don't think anyone is arguing against not wanting to be on board with the agreement or discussing it. It's the manner in which Trump conducts business with our long time allies. You don't need to be a raging piece of shit to dispute an agreement and then turn around and act like Russia is your best friend. It also wouldn't hurt if that dipshit Spicer could get the PMs name right. How embarrassing.
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tbergs said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against not wanting to be on board with the agreement or discussing it. It's the manner in which Trump conducts business with our long time allies. You don't need to be a raging piece of shit to dispute an agreement and then turn around and act like Russia is your best friend. It also wouldn't hurt if that dipshit Spicer could get the PMs name right. How embarrassing.
    well yes mr trump seems lack a certain level of maturity needed for diplomacy. But that's just it, isn't it, he's NOT a politician so he doesn't have the diplomatic skills to play the game. I think he's playing a massive game of bluff and has surrounded himself with all the wrong people to get away with it.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

tbergs said:

well yes mr trump seems lack a certain level of maturity needed for diplomacy. But that's just it, isn't it, he's NOT a politician so he doesn't have the diplomatic skills to play the game. I think he's playing a massive game of bluff and has surrounded himself with all the wrong people to get away with it.

Agreed. He's going to bluff the wrong thing and then we'll be in another war over some postured BS.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

tbergs said:

Agreed. He's going to bluff the wrong thing and then we'll be in another war over some postured BS.
    That's what worries me. He's too much of a hot head.

Just saw the news earlier, Sean Spicer still referring to our PM as Mr Trunbull.
    How hard can it be to pronounce a surname correctly!
  • Options
    It's a great disrespect to Australia that he can't get our PM's name correct twice now.
    So much for our country supporting the USA in war and allowing military bases here.