This is YOUR fault.

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487

unsung said:

Don't like how things are going even though your side authorized these programs?

Don't like that the new President is signing a lot of executive orders?

Sick of big government yet? You got what you wanted.

You finally care about the Constitution I see.

Go ahead, mock my overlord comment, it will remind you that you asked for it.

actually, it's YOURS. you, and the rest of the tens of millions that decide they don't want to vote. think they are above the process, then do nothing but complain about it.

all you have been blathering on about for years is how you wish the establishment to be destroyed. now, you see you may have got what you wished for, and you are shitting your pants. you weren't prepared for it. you didn't think it would actually happen. all this time, you thought you were smarter than everyone else. but now, everything is happening, and you can't handle it.

and someone, it's everyone else's fault.
    Please, tell me what option I had.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:

my2hands said:

unsung said:

#1. Could have fooled me. This place has been silent to the abusive policies of the Obama administration. I have been saying for some time that the two sides are not Dem and GOP but instead authoritarians and libertarians. libertarians (small l intentional) is more than a party.

#2. Walking into a wolves den where everyone is against one is not being owned. I could leave and then everyone can stand around agreeing on everything and never gain other perspectives. But what fun would that be.

3. Not this time. I considered a write in but in the end my State was a lost cause so there was no point. My time has been better spent on working towards moving to another State.

4. Of course I do, I do so because I don't want to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage, or worse killed.

you didn't even vote in your local elections? didn't want to vote 3rd party? Gary Johnson?
    Gary Johnson is a joke. No, I didn't vote.
    so you didn't even vote in your local elections, but want to blame everyone else that actually participates in the democratic process?

got it. I think i'm done here
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    edited February 2017
    unsung said:

CM189191 said:

unsung said:

For a so called libertarian you're far from socially liberal. Tsk tsk.

And I voted Bernie and Jill respectively so don't blame me for oligarchy bullshit.

How would you know? You ever ask me what I believe about social issues?
    You're a libertarian, no one cares
    Cool story bro. Good luck with the continued tennis match.
    Post edited by CM189191 on
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    unsung said:

unsung said:

Don't like how things are going even though your side authorized these programs?

actually, it's YOURS. you, and the rest of the tens of millions that decide they don't want to vote. think they are above the process, then do nothing but complain about it.

all you have been blathering on about for years is how you wish the establishment to be destroyed. now, you see you may have got what you wished for, and you are shitting your pants. you weren't prepared for it. you didn't think it would actually happen. all this time, you thought you were smarter than everyone else. but now, everything is happening, and you can't handle it.

go outside and make a difference instead of sitting in your message board tower telling everyone to get outside and make a difference.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

Bummed out that you never got to use your bug-out bag?

It isn't over yet, I hear the left calling for civil war.
    Seems justified to me. Shit has to hit the fan eventually in any society. Maybe this is the US's time (again).
    not sure how civil war would occur in 2017 United States. it's not a clear "this area" vs "that area" anymore. just everyone attack washington? LOL
    There are all kinds of possible scenarios, and one option could be determined by lines drawn on a map I suppose - could end up being south/mid vs north/west/east, who knows?? That would depend on the State politicians I guess. But I'm more picturing something like a military coup led by dissenting federal and state politicians...... are there enough politicians and military leaders in America who care enough about the US not becoming a fascist dictatorship, and who care little enough about their own cushy, relatively stable stations in life for such a thing to happen? I don't know. Far crazier shit has happened. If Trump and Bannon keep going the way they are and actually play out what they have apparently been fantasizing about for years now that they are in a position to actually go for it, I think this kind of thing might be inevitable. Are Trump and Bannon and friends crazy enough to do it? Hell yes. Let's just see if they have the will and energy.
    I'm sorry, but this seems like fantasy land. I do not foresee the US getting into a military involved civil war. I could picture another nation attempting an attack on US interests overseas or on the mainland, but as far as American citizens picking up arms and attacking each other on a mass scale...we are a long way from that and it would be a fairly one sided victory if it were between polarized liberals and conservatives. The Vietnam War created some mass retaliation and unrest...but a civil war? I just cannot imagine a scenario where either side of the equation would get enough support for anything effective that would not get shut down fairly quickly. Not to mention that the current military climate seems to be backing Trump, not opposing.
    US Interests. Define that.
    Google that yourself genius...wow, some people's kids...
    maybe it's your job to clarify your own post, not someone else's?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

my2hands said:

seems like the holier than thou libertarian got owned in this thread lol

LOL, not a Libertarian but you couldn't own me on your best day.

Your entire side and argument is filled with hypocrisy and virtue signaling. You complain about a temporary visa hold but don't say anything about your President Obama dropping 30000 bombs on these refugee's countries in 2016 alone.

You lost and you don't know how to deal with it.
    not sure why this has become some sort of pissing contest.

you aren't the only one who disagrees with obama's/democratic policies. far from it. this place would die out if that were true. if you left, someone else would take your place. don't overinflate your importance here.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited February 2017

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

Seems justified to me. Shit has to hit the fan eventually in any society. Maybe this is the US's time (again).
    not sure how civil war would occur in 2017 United States. it's not a clear "this area" vs "that area" anymore. just everyone attack washington? LOL
    There are all kinds of possible scenarios, and one option could be determined by lines drawn on a map I suppose - could end up being south/mid vs north/west/east, who knows?? That would depend on the State politicians I guess. But I'm more picturing something like a military coup led by dissenting federal and state politicians...... are there enough politicians and military leaders in America who care enough about the US not becoming a fascist dictatorship, and who care little enough about their own cushy, relatively stable stations in life for such a thing to happen? I don't know. Far crazier shit has happened. If Trump and Bannon keep going the way they are and actually play out what they have apparently been fantasizing about for years now that they are in a position to actually go for it, I think this kind of thing might be inevitable. Are Trump and Bannon and friends crazy enough to do it? Hell yes. Let's just see if they have the will and energy.
    I'm sorry, but this seems like fantasy land. I do not foresee the US getting into a military involved civil war. I could picture another nation attempting an attack on US interests overseas or on the mainland, but as far as American citizens picking up arms and attacking each other on a mass scale...we are a long way from that and it would be a fairly one sided victory if it were between polarized liberals and conservatives. The Vietnam War created some mass retaliation and unrest...but a civil war? I just cannot imagine a scenario where either side of the equation would get enough support for anything effective that would not get shut down fairly quickly. Not to mention that the current military climate seems to be backing Trump, not opposing.
    It wasn't even a key point if my post, seriously. I guess I should extensively define every word in a post. Here goes...
    It- http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/pronouns/it
    Was- http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/past/past-continuous-i-was-working
    Not- http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/questions-and-negative-sentences/not

You get the idea...but here's some random link pulled out of a random google search about foreign interests since it's such a talking point...
    US interests- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/globalconnections/mideast/questions/uspolicy/
    But to me foreign interests would be any assets, businesses, financial institutions, people, allies, etc etc etc in other countries that effect the US economy, military, etc etc etc etc etc...blah blah blah blah Again, was not really a highlight of my comment.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

It wasn't even a key point if my post, seriously. I guess I should extensively define every word in a post. Here goes...
    Was- http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/past/past-continuous-i-was-working
    Not- http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/grammar/british-grammar/questions-and-negative-sentences/not

You get the idea...but here's some random link pulled out of a random google search about foreign interests since it's such a talking point...
    US interests- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/globalconnections/mideast/questions/uspolicy/
    But to me foreign interests would be any assets, businesses, financial institutions, people, allies, etc etc etc in other countries that effect the US economy, military, etc etc etc etc etc...blah blah blah blah Again, was not really a highlight of my comment.
    but why the need to be so defensive when asked a simple question to expand on one of your ideas? I find that odd.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:

unsung said:

my2hands said:

unsung said:

#1. Could have fooled me. This place has been silent to the abusive policies of the Obama administration. I have been saying for some time that the two sides are not Dem and GOP but instead authoritarians and libertarians. libertarians (small l intentional) is more than a party.

#2. Walking into a wolves den where everyone is against one is not being owned. I could leave and then everyone can stand around agreeing on everything and never gain other perspectives. But what fun would that be.

3. Not this time. I considered a write in but in the end my State was a lost cause so there was no point. My time has been better spent on working towards moving to another State.

4. Of course I do, I do so because I don't want to be kidnapped and thrown in a cage, or worse killed.

you didn't even vote in your local elections? didn't want to vote 3rd party? Gary Johnson?
    Gary Johnson is a joke. No, I didn't vote.
    so you didn't even vote in your local elections, but want to blame everyone else that actually participates in the democratic process?

got it. I think i'm done here
    You never started.

unsung said:

unsung said:

go outside and make a difference instead of sitting in your message board tower telling everyone to get outside and make a difference.
    Thanks for the advice. Two weeks ago I flew to Washington State and met with a State Rep for an hour to discuss some things. I'll try to step up.
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Thanks for the advice. Two weeks ago I flew to Washington State and met with a State Rep for an hour to discuss some things. I'll try to step up.
    good for you. was it a trip specifically for that purpose? or was that an add-on?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That trip means nothing unless you can tell us about a Pearl Jam show at the Gorge happening this year.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

mickeyrat said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

Jason P said:

but why the need to be so defensive when asked a simple question to expand on one of your ideas? I find that odd.
    I would call it more annoyed than defensive. Would you be annoyed if I now asked you "could you define odd" and that was the only thing I commented about from your last post? I guess it would have been easier to have just ignored the person in hindsight...Admittedly I need to get better at that method.

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

good for you. was it a trip specifically for that purpose? or was that an add-on?
    I was in Ca for a work seminar then went to Washington just for the meeting. I was requested.

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

That trip means nothing unless you can tell us about a Pearl Jam show at the Gorge happening this year.
    Now you tell me, try for that next time.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

I was in Ca for a work seminar then went to Washington just for the meeting. I was requested.
    How does a person who believes that government is an "overlord" and people who vote for politicians to run the government are "bootlickers" get requested for meetings with government officials, and why would that person even go?
    Did this state rep know you are an an-cap??
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

How does a person who believes that government is an "overlord" and people who vote for politicians to run the government are "bootlickers" get requested for meetings with government officials, and why would that person even go?
    I do think this line of questioning is reasonable.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited February 2017
    rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

We discussed many things, of which the federal government being too involved in the daily lives of regular people being part of it..
    Post edited by unsung on
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

We discussed many things, of which the federal government being too involved in the daily lives of regular people being part of it..
    Good. Now tell me what Donald Trump is doing to make government interfere less in the daily lives of regular people? Because it seems to me he is doing a great job at trying to control what everybody can and cannot do who aren't white, old men. This is what people are pissed about, not "you lost, get over it." This isn't a fucking game of red team vs. blue team. It's the rights of the people of this so-called great country dwindling away on a daily basis.
  • unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

Good. Now tell me what Donald Trump is doing to make government interfere less in the daily lives of regular people? Because it seems to me he is doing a great job at trying to control what everybody can and cannot do who aren't white, old men. This is what people are pissed about, not "you lost, get over it." This isn't a fucking game of red team vs. blue team. It's the rights of the people of this so-called great country dwindling away on a daily basis.
    "Down, down, down... red knight going down."
    "My brain's a good brain!"

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

Don't know what to tell you, you didn't have a problem when Obama was getting involved in everyone's life. I was here telling you guys that the federal government should be limited in its powers. Now you get a guy that you don't like. Why care now?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

I was here telling you guys that the federal government should be limited in its powers.
    This is your opinion. It does not reflect the opinion of everyone that posts here or anywhere else.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

Don't know what to tell you, you didn't have a problem when Obama was getting involved in everyone's life. I was here telling you guys that the federal government should be limited in its powers. Now you get a guy that you don't like. Why care now?
    and how was obama getting involved in everyone's life, exactly?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

unsung said:

unsung said:

rgambs said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Another label.

Oh shut the fuck the up with the "why now?" rhetoric. It's empty and serves no purpose. Besides, I did have a problem with it so stop with the pigeonholing. For years (long before Obama, before Bush, and during Clinton when I became of legal voting age) I have been telling all of my friends, family, coworkers, strangers online, etc that the government does not hold the best interests of the people. That they are corporate puppets. That they're intent is to divide us so one may get elected over the other. I've tried and tried and tried until I'm blue in the face to tell people that, WE, THE PEOPLE, need to rise up against our own government. It's not red vs blue, democrat vs republican, conservative vs liberal, it's people vs the government. Don't sit here and fucking tell me that I didn't have a problem with it. Don't sit here and tell me that "now" I get a guy I don't like and that I suddenly care. I've cared for a long time.
    And as for others who may suddenly feel the need to protest, to speak out, I can't tell you why they didn't speak out before. I don't know. But they ARE speaking out NOW. Why is that wrong? That seems to be the leitmotif of the Trump camp. "Why now?" As I said in another thread, if all we did was sit here and point to the prior times and say "where were you when x,y,z... we could just continue to point backwards to the evolution of man. It's a ridiculous argument that holds zero ground.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

So you flew to another state just to meet with a politician, but didn't even vote in your local election?

LOL
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Why were you requested?? Who are you? I think some transparency is called for here.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

unsung said:

Why were you requested?? Who are you? I think some transparency is called for here.
    Don't tell her unsung! Get back to the mothership for a briefing! Do not discard your human skin as you will be back on assignment shortly!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No, seriously. Unsung is being requested by a Washington State representative? How come? What role are you playing in government Unsung, given that you are supposedly 100% anti-government? Why would you be getting requested to have chats with politicians in a state where you don't even live if you are a self-proclaimed anarchist who supposedly refuses to participate in the political process?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

No, seriously. Unsung is being requested by a Washington State representative? How come? What role are you playing in government Unsung, given that you are supposedly 100% anti-government? Why would you be getting requested to have chats with politicians in a state where you don't even live if you are a self-proclaimed anarchist who supposedly refuses to participate in the political process?

he's reporting his own fake news.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD