Options

Canada's mosque

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

Take this topic as an example. It was first reported that there were 3 suspects, then 2 and now its 1. They weren't lying to us when they reported that, they were telling us what they were being told through their contacts at the time. I have no problem with that, the fog after any incident is unavoidable. It's up to us as critical thinkers to know that.

I could do without the inaccurate play by plays of these events. Maybe I should just go back to the good ol' newspapers.
    Day 1 - no information: news site and newspaper report to stay tuned for further information
    Day 2 - some information: news site and newspaper both publish information available
    Day 3 - more information: news site and newspaper both publish the additional information available

Should the news sites and papers hold off on reporting information at their disposal? Would you rather wait until Day 3? That would still be an incomplete story - maybe better to wait until a trial and judgment have occurred?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    Thor Bless the World
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?

did you watch the SAG awards .....I caught some highlights on facebook, there's your homegrown terrorist.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610

I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?

did you watch the SAG awards .....I caught some highlights on facebook, there's your homegrown terrorist.

I missed it. Did the hollywood elite call on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Trump is now turning Canada into cesspool. Toronto already is, but Quebec?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited January 2017
    benjs said:

By the way, Canada has countless mosques alongside the countless of other places of worship.

Lol, yeah, by the thread title you'd think Canada just has one big mosque where all our Muslims worship, lol.
    Wow GF, way to make massive assumptions! So, where do you stand on banning white racists in America?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

benjs said:

By the way, Canada has countless mosques alongside the countless of other places of worship.

Lol, yeah, by the thread title you'd think Canada just has one big mosque where all our Muslims worship, lol.
    Wow GF, way to make massive assumptions! So, where do you stand on banning white racists in America?
    Come on, they wouldn't be racist if Obama wasn't president!
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Is Mean Mr Mustard really Godfather as Finkle is Ehnhorn?? I'm confused
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    this one on you Trump
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Yes, but who's finkle?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    vaggar99 said:

Toronto's a cesspool? Strange, I've lived here my whole life and never thought of it as one. Do explain?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

Toronto's a cesspool? Strange, I've lived here my whole life and never thought of it as one. Do explain?
    ah..i knew there would be someone from Toronto here. I haven't been to the city in 25 years. mostly a joke. but i do find this humerous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjdTi1r-yRQ
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

don't argue with trolls my friend. it s not worth it.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    vaggar99 said:

I saw Pearl Jam in Toronto in 2011.
    Thought it was an awesome city.
    Lots of damn cigarette smokers
    But not a cesspool.
  • Options
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

It's 'okay' compared to some places, but it's not exactly Whistler. Big city with big city amenities. That's about it.

Rob Ford. Cmon man.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

It's 'okay' compared to some places, but it's not exactly Whistler. Big city with big city amenities. That's about it.

Rob Ford. Cmon man.
    TO is like NY without all the lights and stuff.
    credit- Steve Martin
  • Options

I missed it. Did the hollywood elite call on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors?
    in a manor of speaking....yes. LOL !!!!!

• Options
    edited January 2017

Wma31394 said:

Yes, but who's finkle?
    finkle ? must be an imposture....quick, check his spelling and grammar LOL !!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

vaggar99 said:

benjs said:

You're right, godfather. Maybe the solution is extreme vetting on white male Canadians and an immigration ban on Caucasians from countries known to have links to terrorists - starting with America.
    the NRA are the terrorists.
    I was referring to some suspected terrorists from Saudi Arabia, I'm not at all speaking about the NRA. Facilitators of weaponry at worst are of questionable moral fiber, but not terrorists.
    we have the highest rate of gun deaths of any civilized country in the world. its not even a contest. at the heart of it, you have the NRA. wearing a suit and glasses, does not exclude you from being called a terrorist.
    Yes, it does. Given that our founding fathers designed the constitution in ways that arguably provided the population with the right to carry arms, it would be less of a stretch to coin the drafters of the second amendment as terrorists than the NRA.

To call someone a terrorist, you'd have to prove that without reasonable a doubt he or she intended (or conspired) to act maliciously. Is the NRA in bed with each proponent of gun violence in the States? That's what the NRA as terrorists would look like.
    they use the Constitution as a basis for excessive armament in the same way Islamic terrorists use the Koran. There are also Christian undertones coupled with paranoid propaganda. So, yes I consider the NRA a terrorist organization.

Cutlery is an extremely inefficient way to kill. But yeah, if it were the year 1200, i might be going after whatever group says that its okay for every American to have an arsenal of combat swords in their home.
    Except that, again, armament isn't a crime, whereas the terrorists exploiting the meaning of the Qur'an that you're referring to who are attempting to murder - clearly are committing crimes. Also, religious propaganda and undertones are tools used by terrorists, but they're also tools used by peace-loving priests and imams and to be frank, even many parents.

If your battle is against tools that can be used for good or evil and plan on unequivocally condemning them and their users, you will run out of tools to live day to day with, and run out of decent people to communicate with.
    you can say the same for jihadist groups all over the world. providing combat tools and training isn't a crime. its only when individuals or groups acts decide to act, that a crime is committed.

i understand that religions like Christianity and others carry this facade of peace, but then they tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe. it's a con. you want peace? it's easy. don't be selfish. don't tell others what you know about God. cuz you don't. think of other's when you make decisions. that's faith. everything else is fiction.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

Wma31394 said:

Yes, but who's finkle?
    Soccer style kicker graduated from Collier High June 1976, Stetson University honors graduate class of 1980, holds 2 NCAA Division One records, one for most points in a season, one for distance, former nickname "The Mule", the first and only pro-athlete to ever come out of Collier County and one hell of a model American.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited January 2017
    So the shooter's apparently an online troll who spouts anti-Muslim rhetoric on the Internet.

Sound like anyone we know?

Perhaps we should report them to someone higher than just the 10C mods. Have law enforcement investigate and make sure they're not planning anything extreme that could cost more innocent lives.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    dankind said:

So the shooter's apparently an online troll who spouts anti-Muslim rhetoric on the Internet.

Perhaps we should report them to someone higher than just the 10C mods. Have law enforcement investigate and make sure they're not planning anything extreme that could cost more innocent lives.

Unless specific threats are made, law enforcement does not have the resources to check into everyone who has opposing views.
  • Options

The Hollywood elite called on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors in the Manor of Speaking?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Did this backfire on you Gawdfodder? Shooter was a white Trumpster freakshow
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231

The Hollywood elite called on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors in the Manor of Speaking?
    Who said this? That sounds like the opposite of what the Hollywood elite would say.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Jason P said:

Wma31394 said:

Yes, but who's finkle?
    Soccer style kicker graduated from Collier High June 1976, Stetson University honors graduate class of 1980, holds 2 NCAA Division One records, one for most points in a season, one for distance, former nickname "The Mule", the first and only pro-athlete to ever come out of Collier County and one hell of a model American.
    Classic
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jason P said:

dankind said:

Unless specific threats are made, law enforcement does not have the resources to check into everyone who has opposing views.
    Well, as a community, we should certainly be more vigilant and report anything that comes close to sounding like a specific threat. I don't know when, why or how the crossover from online troll to active assassin occurs--when sociopath morphs into psychopath morphs into mass murderer. ISIL recruits the same types of online presences because their minds are obviously already twisted/weak/broken.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    tbergs said:

Who said this? That sounds like the opposite of what the Hollywood elite would say.
    Manor (a large country house with land).

Manner (a way in which something is done)

GF said those folks expressed such in a manor of speaking. I'm not sure where this manor is and why it is titled such, but it's probably a cool place.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

tbergs said:

Manor (a large country house with land).

Manner (a way in which something is done)

GF said those folks expressed such in a manor of speaking. I'm not sure where this manor is and why it is titled such, but it's probably a cool place.
    The Manor of Speaking sounds so regal and stately! I wonder if it has a topiary out front.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

Hey godfather. .....time for you to catch up....
    The different types of Muslims have been fighting each other, for hundreds if not thousands, of years.
    I know you won't do it but Google Shia vs. Sunni to learn something.
    sorry I wasn't clear, I was more thinking here and Canada or even Mexico, something a little more close to home.
    thanks for the heads up on the google info I'll be sure to look into it, and no I had no idea about that stuff.

No grasp of the basics, yet you never hesitate to provide your opinion of issues that involve Muslims.

Is this what you're on about? This is home grown terrorism? :lol: It's a fucking amazing speech. He called for people to stand up to bullies, and for empathy and understanding in art. The horror!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c996ra7Wqn0