Canada's mosque

Comments

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209

rgambs said:

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

Wow, you really have no idea what is going on in the world, do you??
    Most victims of terrorism are Muslim, but terror events only make it to Fox News when the victims are white I guess.
    most victims ?....but not all ?
    they did it in Canada at a very intense time and not Afghanistan or Iraq, next they may do it at the one in your neighborhood,
    and of course you had to bring up the "white" thing..but I guess liberals need an ace up the sleeve to cover their mixed words.

11,000+ deaths by guns. 3 deaths by terrorists in the same time period.

yeah, radical islamic terrorists are the big fucking problem in america.
    i love how your only 2 posts about this horrible situation in canada are about America. shouldnt you take a break from your obsession with America bashing and focus on your own country for 5 minutes?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

rgambs said:

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

Most victims of terrorism are Muslim, but terror events only make it to Fox News when the victims are white I guess.
    they did it in Canada at a very intense time and not Afghanistan or Iraq, next they may do it at the one in your neighborhood,
    and of course you had to bring up the "white" thing..but I guess liberals need an ace up the sleeve to cover their mixed words.

i love how your only 2 posts about this horrible situation in canada are about America. shouldnt you take a break from your obsession with America bashing and focus on your own country for 5 minutes?
    I was responding to someone who has an obsession with middle eastern people are their supposed negative effect on his life in america. try to keep up.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

rgambs said:

just a thought.

I was responding to someone who has an obsession with middle eastern people are their supposed negative effect on his life in america. try to keep up.
    hahahaha
  • MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

rgambs said:

just a thought.

Be afraid and hand over your rights. It's unfortunate the trump supporters can't see that they're doing this.
    how is that happening ?

rgambs said:

just a thought.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! noooooo not the evil guns!!! say it isn't so.......in the same time period ? hahahahhahahaha !!!!!!!

• InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Fox is fake news! fail!

just a thought.

Hey godfather. .....time for you to catch up....
    The different types of Muslims have been fighting each other, for hundreds if not thousands, of years.
    I know you won't do it but Google Shia vs. Sunni to learn something.
    sorry I wasn't clear, I was more thinking here and Canada or even Mexico, something a little more close to home.
    thanks for the heads up on the google info I'll be sure to look into it, and no I had no idea about that stuff.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Fox is fake news! fail!

Most definitely, along with all of the other three letter news media outlets. It's all about being first to a story, whether the reporting is accurate or not.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    So it was a white kid that shot it up?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

Most definitely, along with all of the other three letter news media outlets. It's all about being first to a story, whether the reporting is accurate or not.
    I think it would be more accurate to call it "Speculative News". They aren't creating a news story that doesn't exist. They have the basic information (i.e. 2 men kill people at mosque), but everything else is just 3rd hand info from random passerbys or witnesses who think they saw/heard something.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    tbergs said:

PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

I think it would be more accurate to call it "Speculative News". They aren't creating a news story that doesn't exist. They have the basic information (i.e. 2 men kill people at mosque), but everything else is just 3rd hand info from random passerbys or witnesses who think they saw/heard something.
    Or maybe "shit news"? They should report facts and leave others to speculate on their own based off those facts. Why would anyone want to read about what some random news anchor speculated? Lost of speculation in the last election and we know how that turned out...
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

No, that is a Trump administration narrative. Are they perfect, far from it....but calling them fake news is a lie.
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

No, that is a Trump administration narrative. Are they perfect, far from it....but calling them fake news is a lie.
    I'm good with the terms "inaccurate news" or "shit news".
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

What news outlets do you find are accurate news than?
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    My condolences to the victims and the families of the victims of this senseless shooting.

Also, I hate the name of this thread. It reads as if Canada has only 1 mosque. WTF? Or should I say WTGF?
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

My condolences to the victims and the families of the victims of this senseless shooting.

Also, I hate the name of this thread. It reads as if Canada has only 1 mosque. WTF? Or should I say WTGF?

there's another thread on the subject... feel free to post there, see problem solved and no hate was necessary.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

So it was a white kid that shot it up?

I haven't seen an official statement, but it appears so if the following link is correct. The other suspect is now being treated as a witness.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexandre-bissonnette-quebec-city-canada-mosque-shooting-attack-suspect-gunman-shooter-photos-pictures-video-motive/
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

I'm actually starting to question if such a thing actually exists. When ratings outweigh integrity, you have a recipe for invalidation.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

Fox is fake news! fail!

I'm actually starting to question if such a thing actually exists. When ratings outweigh integrity, you have a recipe for invalidation.
    I don't necessarily disagree. I don't believe they lie about what they report (most of the time), but they definitely can chose what they report. I think CNN has had really good investigative reporting lately. I separate that from their 24hr news cycle, which is generally terrible.

I accept that all media outlets have a bias one way or the other. They are institutions made up of people, bias is unavoidable. But I don't believe they outright lie. As a news consumer I trust my judgment and critical thinking to decipher through the BS.

I'm trying to push against this idea that all news from the major cable and networks is fake news and untrustworthy...especially if what they report is objectionable to who is in power. That is a recipe for disaster, like it or not they are the only ones that can shed light on what is going on in the chambers of power.

I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?

so now its trumps fault canada had a terrorist attack? you people are too much.
    lets discuss the issue in canada here, theres plenty of threads about trump. funny all the AMTers that post 30,000 posts and cant avoid a single thread if they tried arent in this thread. crickets around here. really funny.
    Take this topic as an example. It was first reported that there were 3 suspects, then 2 and now its 1. They weren't lying to us when they reported that, they were telling us what they were being told through their contacts at the time. I have no problem with that, the fog after any incident is unavoidable. It's up to us as critical thinkers to know that.
    dignin said:

Take this topic as an example. It was first reported that there were 3 suspects, then 2 and now its 1. They weren't lying to us when they reported that, they were telling us what they were being told through their contacts at the time. I have no problem with that, the fog after any incident is unavoidable. It's up to us as critical thinkers to know that.

I could do without the inaccurate play by plays of these events. Maybe I should just go back to the good ol' newspapers.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586

so now its trumps fault canada had a terrorist attack? you people are too much.
    I didn't say fault, I said inspired. Domestic attacks have said to have been inspired before. That's just drawing a parallel. Why would we use inspired for one attack but not for another?
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

I could do without the inaccurate play by plays of these events. Maybe I should just go back to the good ol' newspapers.
    That's a great option. But remember Trump, Conway and Bannon are telling you that they are fake news too.
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

That's a great option. But remember Trump, Conway and Bannon are telling you that they are fake news too.
    I don't really assume much truth in what any politician says...anyone that does is naive.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

lets discuss the issue in canada here, theres plenty of threads about trump. funny all the AMTers that post 30,000 posts and cant avoid a single thread if they tried arent in this thread. crickets around here. really funny.

well sean spicer has chimed in with more bullshit, so FAIR BALL.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD