Options

Terrorist attack in Quebec

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    vaggar99 said:

“It’s a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant and why the president is taking steps to be proactive and not reactive on issues of national security,” he said at a news conference Monday afternoon.
    When asked about the travel ban, Spicer used almost the same wording as when he was talking about the Quebec terror attack.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3214989/sean-spicer-hints-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-justifies-trump-travel-ban/

ban the NRA
    Sure. As long as you ban the ACLU at the same time. Because who cares about either amendment.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Inconvenient truth is that white, Christian men are Canada's mass shooters
    In that context, the shooter at the Quebec mosque is entirely unremarkable

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/canadian-mass-murders-1.3958772
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    edited January 2017
    Soooooo...the shooter was a white male Christian canadian fan of trump.....is he also a "pjfan"?
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

“It’s a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant and why the president is taking steps to be proactive and not reactive on issues of national security,” he said at a news conference Monday afternoon.
    When asked about the travel ban, Spicer used almost the same wording as when he was talking about the Quebec terror attack.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3214989/sean-spicer-hints-quebec-city-mosque-shooting-justifies-trump-travel-ban/

Using a white canadian racist trump fan muslim murderer as an excuse to ban muslims from coming to the US is about as stupid as it gets.

Your 2017 Administration, folks.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    Still no correction from team Trump? If this was reversed, Trump would have already blasted the news media for reporting fake news. Oh the irony. Karma is looking to collect you hypocrites.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options

jeffbr said:

His name is Alexandre Bissonnette. He's a 27 year old Quebecois. He looks like he's 14 years old. I'm sure he'll have fun in prison.
    Here's some background on him: http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexandre-bissonnette-quebec-city-canada-mosque-shooting-attack-suspect-gunman-shooter-photos-pictures-video-motive/

Another pencil necked little geek shooting innocent people.

Thank gawd for him he did this in Canada. People will be tripping over themselves to rush in and help, or at least understand the idiot.

At some point, most of us will have to try and understand that mommy didn't hug him enough and daddy wasn't around as much as he needed to be... sooo... mass murder.
    People try to understand why someone kills people in order to prevent it from happening in the future. Not sure why that would be criticized.
    And, once figuring out why a pencil necked little worm like this did what he did, we can sit around and talk about how the world could be a better place if only...

We will always have mass murders- it's in our nature. Human beings are angry, volatile, and destructive animals. We'd do better trying to figure out why hippos have it out for us every now and then.
    I guess since you've thrown in the towel, so should everyone else.
    Let me know when you've figured it all out.
    With people, there's always more to figure out and there's never an end point.
    I guess. I mean... we've only had 1000s of years to do so.

What's been constant throughout those 1000s of years is our propensity for violence, greed, etc. Let's not deny it. Even the most outspoken advocates for peace enjoy MMA, rubber necking at car accident scenes, and coveting PJ items (among other things). The levels of our poor qualities might vary, but those traits are in us all.

There's no cure and there's no definitive. Try and understand all you want, but if you think we might be able to figure out why shitheads do shitty things... you're out of your mind. Even people born and raised in the most ideal circumstances have become brutal.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    mcgruff10 said:

vaggar99 said:

ban the NRA
    Sure. As long as you ban the ACLU at the same time. Because who cares about either amendment.
    let's keep the ACLU. it's the NRA that causes problems.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619

jeffbr said:

His name is Alexandre Bissonnette. He's a 27 year old Quebecois. He looks like he's 14 years old. I'm sure he'll have fun in prison.
    Here's some background on him: http://heavy.com/news/2017/01/alexandre-bissonnette-quebec-city-canada-mosque-shooting-attack-suspect-gunman-shooter-photos-pictures-video-motive/

Thank gawd for him he did this in Canada. People will be tripping over themselves to rush in and help, or at least understand the idiot.

At some point, most of us will have to try and understand that mommy didn't hug him enough and daddy wasn't around as much as he needed to be... sooo... mass murder.
    People try to understand why someone kills people in order to prevent it from happening in the future. Not sure why that would be criticized.
    And, once figuring out why a pencil necked little worm like this did what he did, we can sit around and talk about how the world could be a better place if only...

We will always have mass murders- it's in our nature. Human beings are angry, volatile, and destructive animals. We'd do better trying to figure out why hippos have it out for us every now and then.

What's been constant throughout those 1000s of years is our propensity for violence, greed, etc. Let's not deny it. Even the most outspoken advocates for peace enjoy MMA, rubber necking at car accident scenes, and coveting PJ items (among other things). The levels of our poor qualities might vary, but those traits are in us all.

There's no cure and there's no definitive. Try and understand all you want, but if you think we might be able to figure out why shitheads do shitty things... you're out of your mind. Even people born and raised in the most ideal circumstances have become brutal.
    It's partly about why people do shitty things, and also about behavior change in people without necessarily knowing the 'why'. Violence isn't random, it stems from something. And people can be influenced and changed along the way, in either direction. If you're announcing there's no way to change violence, then in a way you're saying you already know the answer to why.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

It's partly about why people do shitty things, and also about behavior change in people without necessarily knowing the 'why'. Violence isn't random, it stems from something. And people can be influenced and changed along the way, in either direction. If you're announcing there's no way to change violence, then in a way you're saying you already know the answer to why.
    I thought I was clear: violence is inherently within us. You can curb it some degree (as I mentioned before... some defy ideal circumstances to commit violence), but you'll never eliminate it.

We're not the only animals to behave in such a way. Apes- our closest species- fight for resources and status. Sometimes they're cruel: they torture and they mutilate. Likewise, they also love, show affection, and seek to participate in and belong to social structure.

I'm not saying we give up. We need to try and raise everyone to be respectful, but we are going to fail in some situations and on both sides of the equation. Did we fail to provide for this tool or did this tool fail us? Regardless of whatever conclusions we come to... this idiot is a failure- not the first failure of his variety and not the last.

We're not missing anything as much as we're not acknowledging what we do know.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

And in those thousands if years we have made great strides towards no longer being the brutalizers you claim us all to be. Yes, I despise violence in society, but also enjoy MMA. I will be honest, sometim s I actually feel guilty about watching it, but it is a sport with two willing participants who are incredibly gifted at their craft.

Most people who turn to street/domestic violence are people who are simply lacking the tools to escape the inability to resist acting on their impulses. Others who kill for no logical reason are usually mentally ill or brainwashed or have been victims themselves. When we learn how to break that cycle, and truly treat society as they need to be treated, we will move farther and farther away from barbarism.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2017

jeffbr said:

And in those thousands if years we have made great strides towards no longer being the brutalizers you claim us all to be. Yes, I despise violence in society, but also enjoy MMA. I will be honest, sometim s I actually feel guilty about watching it, but it is a sport with two willing participants who are incredibly gifted at their craft.

Most people who turn to street/domestic violence are people who are simply lacking the tools to escape the inability to resist acting on their impulses. Others who kill for no logical reason are usually mentally ill or brainwashed or have been victims themselves. When we learn how to break that cycle, and truly treat society as they need to be treated, we will move farther and farther away from barbarism.
    Well sure.

My point is that we know this. We cannot do anything about it though outside of implementing a eugenic program because we are linked to our core instincts which many simply do not have the capacity to contain. Even in a perfect society... we'd still experience failure.

We're animals, man. Weird and highly complex ones, but animals nonetheless.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Well sure.

My point is that we know this. We cannot do anything about it though outside of implementing a eugenic program because we are linked to our core instincts which many simply do not have the capacity to contain. Even in a perfect society... we'd still experience failure.

TB! I think Benjs has infiltrated your account.
    Shorten all this up and say elitists prefer to watch violent humans in a cage.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2017
    OP
    No one knows where we are heading.
    Turn back to what?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,544
    The Suspected Quebec City Mosque Attacker Was a Right-Wing Troll for Trump
    http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2017/01/fox-news-quebec-city-mosque-attack-right-wing-shooter?google_editors_picks=true

But Fox News and the White House quickly pointed toward Islamic terrorism.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Waiting for Trump to ban Canadians from the USA because they are terrorists!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Waiting for Trump to ban Canadians from the USA because they are terrorists!

Only the French ones... the others are fine!! :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options

tbergs said:

I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?

did you watch the SAG awards .....I caught some highlights on facebook, there's your homegrown terrorist.

I missed it. Did the hollywood elite call on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors?
    in a manor of speaking....yes. LOL !!!!!

The Hollywood elite called on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors in the Manor of Speaking?
    Who said this? That sounds like the opposite of what the Hollywood elite would say.
    Manor (a large country house with land).

Manner (a way in which something is done)

GF said those folks expressed such in a manor of speaking. I'm not sure where this manor is and why it is titled such, but it's probably a cool place.
    Haha. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
  • Options
    dignin said:

tbergs said:

I wonder if trump inspired domestic terrorists will bring the same reaction as an ISIS inspired domestic terrorist?

did you watch the SAG awards .....I caught some highlights on facebook, there's your homegrown terrorist.

I missed it. Did the hollywood elite call on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors?
    in a manor of speaking....yes. LOL !!!!!

The Hollywood elite called on people to be afraid of Muslims and to use violence against detractors in the Manor of Speaking?
    Who said this? That sounds like the opposite of what the Hollywood elite would say.
    Manor (a large country house with land).

Manner (a way in which something is done)

GF said those folks expressed such in a manor of speaking. I'm not sure where this manor is and why it is titled such, but it's probably a cool place.
    Haha. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
    I know. I just couldn't help myself this morning.
  • Options

jeffbr said:

Well sure.

animals that are constantly evolving. you don't evolve backwards. and we don't stagnate. we won't be a peaceful group in our lifetime, but if we last long enough, we will eventually.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

Hey godfather. .....time for you to catch up....
    The different types of Muslims have been fighting each other, for hundreds if not thousands, of years.
    I know you won't do it but Google Shia vs. Sunni to learn something.
    sorry I wasn't clear, I was more thinking here and Canada or even Mexico, something a little more close to home.
    thanks for the heads up on the google info I'll be sure to look into it, and no I had no idea about that stuff.

No grasp of the basics, yet you never hesitate to provide your opinion of issues that involve Muslims.

Is this what you're on about? This is home grown terrorism? :lol: It's a fucking amazing speech. He called for people to stand up to bullies, and for empathy and understanding in art. The horror!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c996ra7Wqn0
    It was a great speech, but I have to post this

http://streamable.com/7ofha

and this

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    :lol: ....ya....I don't know if she is putting on an annoyingly dramatic show, is high, or having mental issues (hasn't she in the past?)....whatever was up,I wish she had toned that shit down, it's distracting as hell.
    I also want to know who wrote that speech.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited January 2017

:lol: ....ya....I don't know if she is putting on an annoyingly dramatic show, is high, or having mental issues (hasn't she in the past?)....whatever was up,I wish she had toned that shit down, it's distracting as hell.

I would assume he wrote the speech, possibly with input from some of the others on stage with him. Actors/artists can be good at that kind of thing, unlike most politicians. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

I would assume he wrote the speech, possibly with input from some of the others on stage with him. Actors/artists can be good at that kind of thing, unlike most politicians. ;)
    Ya, I agree with that. Also could have been collaborative, or from the writers themselves....if I was a politician, I'd be looking to hollywood for my speech writer. Then again, what do they say the average comprehension is for presidential speeches? Like 8th grade? That tells me that speech may have been way over the heads of much of the public. You might have noticed my trump-supporting friend on fb saying he 'didn't get it' when I posted it there?:lol:....was all I could do to resist taking a shot at him along the lines of finding a trumped-down version for him...but I guess he hadn't seen the show so some of the references may have thrown him off.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

this could be the start of radical muslims beginning to turn on their own and that could turn into a muslim civil war of sorts,
    just a thought.

The different types of Muslims have been fighting each other, for hundreds if not thousands, of years.
    sorry I wasn't clear, I was more thinking here and Canada or even Mexico, something a little more close to home.
    thanks for the heads up on the google info I'll be sure to look into it, and no I had no idea about that stuff.

No grasp of the basics, yet you never hesitate to provide your opinion of issues that involve Muslims.

Is this what you're on about? This is home grown terrorism? :lol: It's a fucking amazing speech. He called for people to stand up to bullies, and for empathy and understanding in art. The horror!

and this

Wow, it appears someone found their stash of shrooms and couldn't wait for the after part!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    ^ I watch 2 movies last night and that guy showed up in both of them ... A Walk Among the Tombstones and Suicide Squad. Weird timing.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    vaggar99 said:

ban the NRA
    Stupid comment.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    dignin said:

just a thought.

and this

Never heard of him.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know
  • Options

Thanks for letting us know

It's the kind of thing that keeps me up at night.