Options

People you know that support Trump

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819

dignin said:

the dems use organized labor solely for their money period and after the check clears they say "union who ?" ...until the next election cycle comes around......sucks !

Horseshit. The GOP has made it their priority to destroy unions. Why would you support the party that wants to cut your throat?

You are an extremely low information voter. We all know it.
    ahhh now it's horseshit and "we all know it" speaking of low information why don't you tell me what the fuck the dems have done for unions, no argument about the rep's I agree but bullshit on the Democratic Hero nonsense.

Your master could tell you the Earth is flat and you'd agree with him and call us lib commie snowflake intellectual elitist buttercup libtards for not agreeing with you.

okie dokie....lets do this, lets wait and see how things turn out with our new president and talk about in 4 years and vote again
    because obviously the agony of defeat still has many of you spinning out of control and saying things or thinking things the leftist media
    has planted in your minds.

I don't think it's leftist media planting anything in anyone's mind.

I think it's the reality that has people irked.

Growing up, we had this little shit Pomeranian. He fought every dog every time he came across one. The dogs he fought were generally surprised and mercifully... they never snuffed his life out which would have been easy for them to do. I distinctly remember one comical encounter with a Doberman.

The thing is... according to Happy (f**k... calling him in for dinner made you sound like a f**king idiot)... according to Happy... he died the champ. Reality can be whatever you want it to be if you're a dog (or some simple bastard that knows no better).
    imagine having a MALE dog named Buffy. let's just say it was mentioned in my high school fucking yearbook. right underneath my grad picture.

it is amazing all the "liberal hate" I keep reading about, followed immediately by the words/phrases "snowflake", "safe space", "go back to your own country", "libtard", etc etc.
    for every action there is a re-action right ? not trying to stir up the pot but when you get people divided in one way or another this is what happens and nothing divides people like politics'...well almost nothing, it would be nice if everybody could deal with their political differences in more friendly way, even more than main stream news I blame social media for the rise in violence over political differences, and the transparency everybody is looking for ? well some things are better left unsaid when it comes to politics'

yeah, so liberals "started it". got it.

social media doesn't cause violence. ignorance and stupidity does. social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense.
    didn't say that, and..." social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense " FIGHT ! ...you just made my point.

really? :rofl:

yeah, cause I meant "fight" in the physical altercation sense. Jesus christ.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522
    edited January 2017

dignin said:

the dems use organized labor solely for their money period and after the check clears they say "union who ?" ...until the next election cycle comes around......sucks !

Horseshit. The GOP has made it their priority to destroy unions. Why would you support the party that wants to cut your throat?

ahhh now it's horseshit and "we all know it" speaking of low information why don't you tell me what the fuck the dems have done for unions, no argument about the rep's I agree but bullshit on the Democratic Hero nonsense.

Your master could tell you the Earth is flat and you'd agree with him and call us lib commie snowflake intellectual elitist buttercup libtards for not agreeing with you.

okie dokie....lets do this, lets wait and see how things turn out with our new president and talk about in 4 years and vote again
    because obviously the agony of defeat still has many of you spinning out of control and saying things or thinking things the leftist media

Growing up, we had this little shit Pomeranian. He fought every dog every time he came across one. The dogs he fought were generally surprised and mercifully... they never snuffed his life out which would have been easy for them to do. I distinctly remember one comical encounter with a Doberman.

The thing is... according to Happy (f**k... calling him in for dinner made you sound like a f**king idiot)... according to Happy... he died the champ. Reality can be whatever you want it to be if you're a dog (or some simple bastard that knows no better).
    imagine having a MALE dog named Buffy. let's just say it was mentioned in my high school fucking yearbook. right underneath my grad picture.

it is amazing all the "liberal hate" I keep reading about, followed immediately by the words/phrases "snowflake", "safe space", "go back to your own country", "libtard", etc etc.
    for every action there is a re-action right ? not trying to stir up the pot but when you get people divided in one way or another this is what happens and nothing divides people like politics'...well almost nothing, it would be nice if everybody could deal with their political differences in more friendly way, even more than main stream news I blame social media for the rise in violence over political differences, and the transparency everybody is looking for ? well some things are better left unsaid when it comes to politics'

social media doesn't cause violence. ignorance and stupidity does. social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense.
    Social media has also played a HUGE part in encouraging the alt-right, et al. The internet has allowed people with nutcase, fucked up ideas to find all the other idiots out there who will validate their bullshit, which empowers them. Before the internet these assholes would have tried out their material in the real world, and the majority of poeple would have just said, "Pffft. Shut the fuck up you wacko." And the idiot would have just walked away and kept his stupid mouth shut (and maybe even realize that he's wacked and rethink things). But now he gets to go online and find all this validation from people just like him, empowering the minority and providing them with a way to spread their crazy, hateful bullshit. It's terrible.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

Social media has also played a HUGE part in encouraging the alt-right, et al. The internet has allowed people with nutcase, fucked up ideas to find all the other idiots out there who will validate their bullshit, which empowers them. Before the internet these assholes would have tried out their material in the real world, and the majority of poeple would have just said, "Pffft. Shut the fuck up you wacko." And the idiot would have just walked away and kept his stupid mouth shut (and maybe even realize that he's wacked and rethink things). But now he gets to go online and find all this validation from people just like him, empowering the minority and providing them with a way to spread their crazy, hateful bullshit. It's terrible.
    true enough.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

dignin said:

didn't say that, and..." social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense " FIGHT ! ...you just made my point.

........I won't post anything that is painfully obvious about your post, but lets just say it reeks of play-dough.

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,231
    My parents -- I no longer speak to them, anyway, for multiple reasons. After years of a steady diet of Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, and Fox News, my mother brought up BENGHAZI!!! during pretty much every conversation. While they used to be the least-racist people I knew in the redneck town where I grew up, more recent talk was about "those people" who sit and collect welfare instead of working like decent folks. Oh, and my dad's a Social Security cheat -- can't make up that stuff. If nothing else, let this be a cautionary tale about your media consumption.

The decent, thoughtful, conservatives I know were troubled by the November election. People who describe themselves as Christians looked at the orange one and saw nothing that reflected Christian values. One person was worried about his gun rights, even though he still has his guns despite eight years of Obama and eight years of Bill Clinton; he ended up not voting because he hated both candidates. Some people voted for McMullin or wrote in a name; some voted for Clinton.

I've heard more about friends and relatives of friends who voted for him. What strikes me, as someone with unorthodox but fairly centrist views, is the sense of entitlement those T- voters have; I noticed it in the "Bernie bros," too. The media labels it anger, but I see entitlement, i.e. "I deserve to be taken care of," "I am entitled to file false Social Security claims, because that's my money!" "What's in it for me?" These are toxic attitudes, from either side. I can't believe how often I now find myself thinking about JFK's quote, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

My husband and I both come from downtrodden, rusting towns that are struggling. Those towns have been dying for decades. In high school, we both looked around, saw that there was no future for us in our hometowns, and left; we are almost as old as Ed and the guys, so, again, this is not a new phenomenon. We were lucky to get out, but we were not unique; there are more people scattered across the globe who are from the town where I grew up than there are people living there now. Shit happens, and life is unfair, and not everyone who wanted to leave necessarily could; this is why we have government support systems. But what I can't understand is why so many people chose to stay as the jobs disappeared, and decided to wait for the jobs they used to have to come back. The factory buildings are gone, those jobs aren't coming back. Why would you stay and wait for someone to bring the jobs back to you if you have any path out? The people who stayed looked at those who were leaving and asked, why would you want to go somewhere else? I'm from what is, literally, the worst city in the country -- why wouldn't I want to go anywhere else??

Eh. I'm rambling. But I'd like to see people who are clamoring about manufacturing and coal mining jobs(!), etc. demanding job training programs and easier access to education, instead of basically lashing out at people they think are taking their benefits. It's not a zero-sum game; I'd like us to stop acting as if it is.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

dignin said:

........I won't post anything that is painfully obvious about your post, but lets just say it reeks of play-dough.

Why hold back? Tell us all what is so painfully obvious... Conversation, after all, is a two way street.
  • Options

dignin said:

Why hold back? Tell us all what is so painfully obvious... Conversation, after all, is a two way street.
    he obviously can't. that's his usual tactic. fail at an insult, then make a vague reference followed by a nonsensical accusation, and then he won't answer when called out on it.

Godfather 101.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

My parents -- I no longer speak to them, anyway, for multiple reasons. After years of a steady diet of Rush Limbaugh, Dr. Laura, and Fox News, my mother brought up BENGHAZI!!! during pretty much every conversation. While they used to be the least-racist people I knew in the redneck town where I grew up, more recent talk was about "those people" who sit and collect welfare instead of working like decent folks. Oh, and my dad's a Social Security cheat -- can't make up that stuff. If nothing else, let this be a cautionary tale about your media consumption.

The decent, thoughtful, conservatives I know were troubled by the November election. People who describe themselves as Christians looked at the orange one and saw nothing that reflected Christian values. One person was worried about his gun rights, even though he still has his guns despite eight years of Obama and eight years of Bill Clinton; he ended up not voting because he hated both candidates. Some people voted for McMullin or wrote in a name; some voted for Clinton.

I've heard more about friends and relatives of friends who voted for him. What strikes me, as someone with unorthodox but fairly centrist views, is the sense of entitlement those T- voters have; I noticed it in the "Bernie bros," too. The media labels it anger, but I see entitlement, i.e. "I deserve to be taken care of," "I am entitled to file false Social Security claims, because that's my money!" "What's in it for me?" These are toxic attitudes, from either side. I can't believe how often I now find myself thinking about JFK's quote, "Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

My husband and I both come from downtrodden, rusting towns that are struggling. Those towns have been dying for decades. In high school, we both looked around, saw that there was no future for us in our hometowns, and left; we are almost as old as Ed and the guys, so, again, this is not a new phenomenon. We were lucky to get out, but we were not unique; there are more people scattered across the globe who are from the town where I grew up than there are people living there now. Shit happens, and life is unfair, and not everyone who wanted to leave necessarily could; this is why we have government support systems. But what I can't understand is why so many people chose to stay as the jobs disappeared, and decided to wait for the jobs they used to have to come back. The factory buildings are gone, those jobs aren't coming back. Why would you stay and wait for someone to bring the jobs back to you if you have any path out? The people who stayed looked at those who were leaving and asked, why would you want to go somewhere else? I'm from what is, literally, the worst city in the country -- why wouldn't I want to go anywhere else??

Eh. I'm rambling. But I'd like to see people who are clamoring about manufacturing and coal mining jobs(!), etc. demanding job training programs and easier access to education, instead of basically lashing out at people they think are taking their benefits. It's not a zero-sum game; I'd like us to stop acting as if it is.

so many people hold onto their roots like they'll die without them. it's sad, really. when it's time to go, it's time to go. if the place you live in refuses to evolve with the times/industries/economy, there is no other choice. they keep waiting for the trumps of the world to come through on their promises to bring back the past. and then when they don't, it might be too late for them. and they'll become so bitter at the system, they won't be the ones voting him out next time. they'll just shrug their shoulders and say "it won't make a difference anyway".
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com