Comments

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

And MEN in the United States felt it necessary to take to social media on Saturday (and some haven't yet let go) to question why women were marching. Here ya go, ya sick pigs. Here's YOUR President's best buddy. Fuck Trump. Fuck Putin.

For the record, I know a few women that are wondering what the purpose of the march was... Evidently if you are a pro-life woman, you are not enough of a woman to participate in a woman rights march. But I agree...fuck Putin.
    It is possible to be anti-abortion and still be pro-freedom to allow women to decide what is best for their bodies and lives. Not everyone who is pro-choice is pro-abortion. They are simply proponents of self-determination. So if the women you know are opposed to allowing individuals to decide reproductive matters for themselves and would rather have that dictated to them by old, white men, then they probably wouldn't fit in with the majority of the marchers.
    Nobody is "pro-abortion".
    Nobody? I'm pretty sure you got my point, but if you want to argue, we can talk about the meaning of absolutes.
    You said "not everybody who is pro-choice is pro-abortion." I'm saying that nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abortion, unless you're talking about a handful of full-blown psychopaths who might be into such a thing, and chances are such people actually couldn't care less about the right to choose.
    To add to that, not all women are pro-choice.
    For the sake of thread integrity and to prevent annoying repetition, could we please keep the abortion discussion to the Women's March thread?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

And MEN in the United States felt it necessary to take to social media on Saturday (and some haven't yet let go) to question why women were marching. Here ya go, ya sick pigs. Here's YOUR President's best buddy. Fuck Trump. Fuck Putin.

For the record, I know a few women that are wondering what the purpose of the march was... Evidently if you are a pro-life woman, you are not enough of a woman to participate in a woman rights march. But I agree...fuck Putin.
    It is possible to be anti-abortion and still be pro-freedom to allow women to decide what is best for their bodies and lives. Not everyone who is pro-choice is pro-abortion. They are simply proponents of self-determination. So if the women you know are opposed to allowing individuals to decide reproductive matters for themselves and would rather have that dictated to them by old, white men, then they probably wouldn't fit in with the majority of the marchers.
    Nobody? I'm pretty sure you got my point, but if you want to argue, we can talk about the meaning of absolutes.
    You said "not everybody who is pro-choice is pro-abortion." I'm saying that nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abortion, unless you're talking about a handful of full-blown psychopaths who might be into such a thing, and chances are such people actually couldn't care less about the right to choose.
    Obviously not (I would argue that they are also assholes, but....).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited January 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

PJPOWER said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

Obviously not (I would argue that they are also assholes, but....).
    At least we can all agree that "assholes" is not a gender inclusive term ;)
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Am I the only one that pictured a badass Russian woman whooping wholesale ass on her husband??
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    There was a viral video a few weeks ago where a Russian picked his girl friend up and threw her in a dumpster that was getting positive reviews in the USSR.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2017
    This is really unbelievable and disturbing news.
    Post edited by Annafalk on