Options

Mother Love Bone - Holy roller - PJ - Even Flow

Approximately 1:46 in song Holy roller the riff is the same as in PJ Even flow. I've been listening/watching to a lot of MLB again after seeing Temple of the Dog in Philly. Sorry if this is old news, just thought it was cool . Thanks EC

Comments

• Options
    Nice find
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I heard somewhere that Andy wrote some of the lyrics for Ten.....not sure it that's true
  • Options
    I don't think that's true, but Stone did say they played Alive as Dollar Short w/Andy at least once so presumably Andy wrote the lyrics to that. Would love for that to surface!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

I heard somewhere that Andy wrote some of the lyrics for Ten.....not sure it that's true

I would think something that major would have been mentioned in promotional work done for Ten, Ten reissue or around PJ20.

Definitely not saying you're lying. It's hard to tell in the world of alternative facts.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,094

I don't think that's true, but Stone did say they played Alive as Dollar Short w/Andy at least once so presumably Andy wrote the lyrics to that. Would love for that to surface!

That would seem kind of odd because lyrics to Alive seem pretty personal to Eddie. Same Music different lyrics situation going on?
  • Options
    Zod said:

That would seem kind of odd because lyrics to Alive seem pretty personal to Eddie. Same Music different lyrics situation going on?
    I meant Andy may have had his own set of lyrics with the title 'Dollar Short' that was performed at least once
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141

Zod said:

I meant Andy may have had his own set of lyrics with the title 'Dollar Short' that was performed at least once
    That's true - has been confirmed by Stone in the past.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346

Zod said:

That's true - has been confirmed by Stone in the past.
    man... I wonder if audio of this will ever surface
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    would be nice :)
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    edited January 2017
    There is another Pearl Jam song that originated with MLB. Before the instrumental 'Troubled Times' took shape as 'Footsteps' and TOTDs 'Times of Trouble', it was a half-completed Mother Love Bone song entitled 'So Pleasing'.
    This info was taken from "1990 Music for Rhinos: The Making of Pearl Jam" linked below.
    twofeetthick.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/1990TheMakingofPearlJambyJessicaLetkemann2.pdf
    Post edited by pleatherman on