Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    According to his press secretary, Sean Spicer, the president confidently believes that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast during the election.
    Spicer just doubled down on this during today's white house press briefing.

SERIOUSLY??

It's 4 days in and already beyond embarrassing
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,819
    mfc2006 said:

good god.....what the fuck is wrong with this guy?
    he is loyal to those who have been lining his pockets and complicit in his dealings, lo these many years.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Donald Trump Is Becoming an Authoritarian Leader Before Our Very Eyes
    The administration's many lies this weekend should frighten all American

https://newrepublic.com/article/140040/donald-trump-becoming-authoritarian-leader-eyes
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383

According to his press secretary, Sean Spicer, the president confidently believes that 3-5 million illegal votes were cast during the election.

SERIOUSLY??

when I heard that, it honestly made me laugh. they're delusional.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    At least some in the press are getting more and more pissed off, using the word "lies" in headlines now.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539
    mfc2006 said:

SERIOUSLY??

when I heard that, it honestly made me laugh. they're delusional.
    Trump believes millions voted illegally, WH says
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/24/politics/wh-trump-believes-millions-voted-illegally/index.html?adkey=bn
  • Options

SERIOUSLY??

You can tell Spicer is having a hard time delivering this shit for his master. I wonder how long he will last.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    dignin said:

SERIOUSLY??

You can tell Spicer is having a hard time delivering this shit for his master. I wonder how long he will last.
    Truly. He stumbles and stammers so much it's difficult to sit through. In a sense, he's worse than Trump because he agrees to spread these bold faced lies. I'm sure he is getting compensated beyond his press secretary salary. You'd have to be to ruin the rest of your career and life this badly.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

White House Insiders Say Donald Trump Is “Demoralized” That No One Thinks He’s a Real President

Trump has been resentful, even furious, at what he views as the media’s failure to reflect the magnitude of his achievements, and he feels demoralized that the public’s perception of his presidency so far does not necessarily align with his own sense of accomplishment.

http://www.gq.com/story/white-house-report-trump-sad?mbid=social_facebook

That was an interesting one, a TL;DR of this one that they referenced: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-first-days-inside-trumps-white-house-fury-tumult-and-a-reboot/2017/01/23/7ceef1b0-e191-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.cad5558ce51a

Sounds like Trump will be surrounding himself with yes men. The article ends with:
    "Longtime GOP fundraiser and adviser Fred Malek said that a president benefits from having advisers with distinct perspectives, noting the Ed Meese and Jim Baker debates in the Reagan White House.

“You want to have a robust discussion and you want to have competing points of view debated with vigor,” Malek said. “To the extent that results in bruised feelings sometimes, so be it.” "

That isn't going to happen with the Narcissist in Chief.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

dignin said:

White House Insiders Say Donald Trump Is “Demoralized” That No One Thinks He’s a Real President

Trump has been resentful, even furious, at what he views as the media’s failure to reflect the magnitude of his achievements, and he feels demoralized that the public’s perception of his presidency so far does not necessarily align with his own sense of accomplishment.

http://www.gq.com/story/white-house-report-trump-sad?mbid=social_facebook

That was an interesting one, a TL;DR of this one that they referenced: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-first-days-inside-trumps-white-house-fury-tumult-and-a-reboot/2017/01/23/7ceef1b0-e191-11e6-ba11-63c4b4fb5a63_story.html?utm_term=.cad5558ce51a

Sounds like Trump will be surrounding himself with yes men. The article ends with:
    "Longtime GOP fundraiser and adviser Fred Malek said that a president benefits from having advisers with distinct perspectives, noting the Ed Meese and Jim Baker debates in the Reagan White House.

“You want to have a robust discussion and you want to have competing points of view debated with vigor,” Malek said. “To the extent that results in bruised feelings sometimes, so be it.” "

That isn't going to happen with the Narcissist in Chief.
    Nope. He will always be the smartest guy in the room.

"Trust me, I’m like a smart person"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Where are all the Republicans who, for the last 8 years, were pissed off at Obama for "abusing power and signing executive orders"???
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,521
    edited January 2017

mfc2006 said:

he is loyal to those who have been lining his pockets and complicit in his dealings, lo these many years.
    Yeah, and he owns stock in oil companies. He is completely biased when it comes to this issue and has a severe conflict of interest, so of course he wants to ban the press.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

Where are all the Republicans who, for the last 8 years, were pissed off at Obama for "abusing power and signing executive orders"???

No shit...not to mention the deficit spending that we are about to see
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I wonder if McCain will wuss out. You'd think he'd be all over trump's ass after what he said about him.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    mfc2006 said:

And the USDA
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    is the media hammering him still, LMAO

Memba when the media could smear ANYONE and EVERYONE would actually believe them? lol
    CANT TRUST IT
  • Options
    Were you around in the 80's? Because what I remember is that the media blew sunshine up Reagan's ass.
  • Options
    rssesq said:

Memba when the media could smear ANYONE and EVERYONE would actually believe them? lol
    CANT TRUST IT

No.

You are going to have to come up with a better defense of your narcissist and chief than that.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited January 2017
    http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/01/secret-service-agent-suggests-she-wouldnt-take-bullet-for-trump/

Secret service agent fb post

“As a public servant for nearly 23 years, I struggle not to violate the Hatch Act. So I keep quiet and skirt the median,” she posted to her readers. “To do otherwise can be a criminal offense for those in my position. Despite the fact that I am expected to take a bullet for both sides.

“But this world has changed and I have changed. And I would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be disaster to this country and the strong and amazing women and minorities who reside here. Hatch Act be damned. I am with Her.”
    Post edited by JC29856 on
  • Options
    "in"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    rssesq said:

CANT TRUST IT

Oh boy .
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Oy vey
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    Time to change title of thread to .
    Dictator Bafoon !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

I wonder if McCain will wuss out. You'd think he'd be all over trump's ass after what he said about him.

Yeah I'm a little surprised. McCain surely won't be running again...why take that bullshit from cheeto?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623

People don't care if it's a white republican male.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/OrpjGdiP7sQ

Totally out of touch!
  • Options
    File under: character and credibility
    This is likely the response to some disparaging remarks directed at 10 yr old Barron Trump.

Statement from the White House Press Office

"It is a longstanding tradition that the children of Presidents are afforded the opportunity to grow up outside of the political spotlight. The White House fully expects this tradition to continue. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter."
  • Options
    It's a good thing someone is actually taking Trump serious and addressing real issues.

"What I fear about that statement, and what is something we should all worry about ... [is that] he is sending a message to every Republican governor in this country to go forward with voter suppression," he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/315908-sanders-trump-delusional-on-voter-fraud-claims?amp
  • Options
    I'm thoroughly ashamed for being white. how dare me
  • Options
    rssesq said:

I'm thoroughly ashamed for being white. how dare me

What are you referencing?
This discussion has been closed.