Options

Blank Discussion Topic

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited February 2017
    Narcissistic personality disorder isn't considered a mental illness, so I don't know wtf that guy is spazzing about. I'm sure the 36 other psychiatrists who signed that letter would have a field day telling the one guy who doesn't want people calling Trump mentally unfit for the job that he is off the mark (like any reasonable person needed a bunch of psychiatrists to confirm that Trump is mentally unfit for the job, lol. I mean, really).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Illegal or not, the information is true. By definition, a leak is true.

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

props to the deftness of your PM the other day btw.
    The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

In terms of my PM...Yeah. I don't like him but he played it right.
    its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    Actually none of that is emerging.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    Wrong again professor. Americans can become targets if the initial target, a foreigner on foreign soil, Russian Ambassador, is talking to an American, Flynn.

In 2011, the Obama Administration secretly won permission from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to reverse restrictions on the National Security Agency’s use of intercepted phone calls and e-mails, permitting the agency to search deliberately for Americans’ communications in its massive databases. The searches take place under a surveillance program Congress authorized in 2008 under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Under that law, the target must be a foreigner “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, and the court must approve the targeting procedures in an order good for one year. But a warrant for each target would thus no longer be required. That means that communications with Americans could be picked up without a court first determining that there is probable cause that the people they were talking to were terrorists, spies or “foreign powers.” The FISC also extended the length of time that the NSA is allowed to retain intercepted U.S. communications from five years to six years with an extension possible for foreign intelligence or counterintelligence purposes. Both measures were done without public debate or any specific authority from Congress.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

And the intelligence agencies do conduct investigations, What they don't do is file charges. That gets turned over to the FBI. So, who else close to Trump spoke with the Russians? I'm willing to bet they have his sons and son-in-law on tape. I'm also willing to bet there's going to be quid pro quo. What did they discuss? And it was a year before the election. But sure, nothing to see here.

Russian spy ship off the coast of Groton, CT., Russian fighter aircraft buzzing US warships and Russian outreach to Iran and yet nary a peep from Trump. And you don't find any of this concerning? But Hillary's emails! What was that about Comet Pizza?

FOLLOW THE MONEY.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    edited February 2017
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

This real psychiatrist would have a field day with all the amatuers on here.
    Allen Frances says he's tired of "amateur diagnosticians" insisting that U.S. President Donald Trump has narcissistic personality disorder. In a letter to the New York Times, Frances, a retired Duke University professor, wrote that Trump "may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn't make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder."
    I'm so tired of amatuer analyses of Trump's psychology or diagnosis.
    He was responding to another letter to the Times — signed by 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers — declaring Trump mentally unfit for the job of commander-in-chief. In doing so, they were flouting a longstanding American Psychiatric Association ethical policy barring mental health professionals diagnosing public figures from a distance. 

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.3984065/stop-saying-trump-has-narcissistic-personality-disorder-says-psychiatrist-who-defined-it-1.3984073

My money's on Alzheimer's
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Narcissistic personality disorder isn't considered a mental illness, so I don't know wtf that guy is spazzing about. I'm sure the 36 other psychiatrists who signed that letter would have a field day telling the one guy who doesn't want people calling Trump mentally unfit for the job that he is off the mark (like any reasonable person needed a bunch of psychiatrists to confirm that Trump is mentally unfit for the job, lol. I mean, really).

My money's on Alzheimer's
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    He actually does suffer from the impairment and distress. The White House chaos is one manifestation of this.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524

He actually does suffer from the impairment and distress. The White House chaos is one manifestation of this.

That is totally true.
    Everyone should stop underestimating just how fucked up the guy is.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I tried to think of a comment for posting this link but I'm left almost speechless.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reporter-black-caucus_us_58a5fe71e4b037d17d25f1cb?unbcupe55q93323xr&

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That is totally true.
    Everyone should stop underestimating just how fucked up the guy is.
    Not to mention the divorces, bankruptcies, and sex offending. PJsoul's link raises a valid point about diagnosis of mental disorders, in that it needs to create distress and disruption in the person's life. I imagine they're thinking if he can be president, then it's not disruptive. The problem with that is the only reason he doesn't check that box for the professor is because trump has been able to avoid consequences because of his money, fame, and power. Without those three, he would probably be in prison and there would be no question of the diagnosis with any professional. I'm guessing trump has a host of physical problems due to his emotional state, as well as drug abuse. If trump came to someone's office seeking treatment and spoke openly, the NPD diagnosis would be a slam dunk.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    here's a transcript for those that missed the shitshow...um, I mean, press conference earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/16/donald-trumps-grievance-filled-press-conference-annotated/?utm_term=.616cf4a96a66
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Kat said:

I tried to think of a comment for posting this link but I'm left almost speechless.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reporter-black-caucus_us_58a5fe71e4b037d17d25f1cb?unbcupe55q93323xr&

yeah, I've got nothing either. just wow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

exactly. the very founding of this country was pushback against power. what is a leak other than pushback?
    If that is the case than why so mad if Trump colluded with Russia to leak the Hillary campaign's emails? Just pushback, you know, the foundation of this country?
    colluding with an adversarial foreign power in the electoral process is a lot different than leaking pertinent info on corruptable power. And in the early stages of this particular administration, its a civic obligation imo.
    Hillary was a corruptable power. The FBI was giving everybody the heads-up. It was just pushback.
    still not the same ballpark. at all. preventing corruptable power so corruptable power can take office? stop insulting my intelligence.

The only thing that has been suggested to be corruptable right now is Flynn post-lie to Pence. I'm not sure how that's worse then the known corruptable power that was Hillary. Not the same ballpark. At all.

its emerging that Flynn wasnt the only one of the team. and now we're talking about well before election day. and given his continued deflections in regards to russia's exertion of influence, it suggests to me something involving him directly.
    True. The Paul Manafort and Roger Stone connection emerged long ago. Another player is emerging and they all are connected by Mr. Trump.
    But seriously BS, you can't really believe that Trump was unaware or disconnected from all of these Russian issues. His own words throughout the campaign and during the first weeks of his presidency make it quite obvious.
    To date there is no evidence of wrongdoing. By anyone. Communications are not a crime. Could something else arise? Certainly but so far there is just nothing.

Let's all remember that when Bush was negotiating with Iran in 2008 Obama sent Ambassador William Miller to meet with Iran and let them know that he will be "friendlier" to them. That meeting pretty much sabotaged Bush and nobody made a peep.

Has anything Trump or his people have done even approached that level of interference? I don't think so.
    Because 26 days into a new administration, you have a high profile resignation that was preceded by two previous high level resignations, a cabinet level nominee withdraw from consideration and 4 national security/law enforcement agencies beginning investigations as well as both republican and democrat members of congress, specifically members of the intelligence committees, and not back bencher amateurs like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar Cotton." Because this is how most newly elected administrations get off the ground. Brilliant!!

A whole lot of nothing? You mean like Hillary's emails? Or did you mean the Clinton Foundation? Or nothing like Comet Pizza?
    Why don't you go back and see how many of Obama's team withdrew and/or had to be pushed out in the early stages. Daschle, Richardson, Gregg, Jones, Zinni...there are others. Did any of those withdrawals represent the collapse of his administration? Do your homework please.
    How many law enforcement or intelligence agencies opened investigations of the Obama administration in the first 26 days?
    How many have opened one now? I haven't seen an actual list. All I have seen is that the FBI has cleared everybody.
    CIA, NSA and Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit. Ongoing investigations and unlike Comey, they're not commenting on ongoing investigations. Comey's actions alone make the FBI suspect but I'll bet there are some rogue agents leaking, as opposed to taking leaks.
    The CIA and NSA don't do investigations...they collect intelligence and they need a court to gather this intelligence when it comes to American citizens. This intelligence can be handed over to investigating agencies under certain circumstances. I haven't seen a report anywhere that the Treasury's Financial Crimes Unit is investigating anything. I think you're making shit up again. You are the Comet Pizza guy.
    No Comet Pizza guy is JC. Get your facts straight, professor.
    But JC is gone...we need a sub!
  • Options

tbergs said:

Thank you BS for actually providing substance to debate and discuss as a counter to the anti-Trump dialogue. I agree that there is a lot of speculative information being referred to as fact and I get annoyed with the continued bandwagon approach. I don't trust or believe Trump, but some of the jumps in thinking being posited simply haven't been proven yet. We know they are being looked in to, but the red herring isn't there yet.

Beyond the alleged Trump/Russia tie, what do people think we should be doing in regards to our relationship with Russia. If Trump started denouncing Putin and sending direct statements of disapproval with the allegations of election tampering and email hacking, would that be more pleasing? He could release his tax returns to assuage concerns, but if nothing is found, then what? It seems a lot of assumptions are being drawn that there is some damning evidence out there, but what if there isn't? What are the next steps?

I still don't agree with several of his policies or proposed plans, but that doesn't mean he won't be my president for the next 4 years. Anyone thinking this guy will give up or resign is just wishing on a star. Trump hates nothing more than failing or looking like he failed. Unless there's an out that allows him to shift the cause of the failure, he is in this for the long haul. The anti Trump groups love the controversy and continued failings at any level because they think it is proving what they already knew, but those who voted for him are just feeling more emboldened that they made the right decision because he is a victim of our current overly PC and liberal culture, just like them. The anti Trump group need to ease back on the arrogance that accusations = proven fact because it isn't having the desired effect.

if there's nothing to his tax returns, why not release them and put a stop to all the speculation that is supposedly fuelling the fire of "fake news"?

people are jumping on the accusations because they get giddy thinking they are one step closer to removing this fuck from office. they might be wishing on a star, they might not be. nothing as yet has been proven, you are absolutely correct, HOWEVER, where there's smoke, there's usually fire, and there is so much smoke, the Trump admin is struggling to breathe right now.

Trump likes the smoke. I know it's crazy but trolling is his strategy. He thinks he can play it to his advantage even though it is completely unpresidential.
  • Options

It's amazing how he continues to dodge the anti-semitism questions.

Because it's a stupid question. Probably the stupidest of the stupid.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Sorry, I'm not into wild conspiracy theories. Although I've made one up about Trump, if anyone wants to hear it.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Sorry, I'm not into wild conspiracy theories. Although I've made one up about Trump, if anyone wants to hear it.
    Fire away!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.

This is where it's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and come to a completely different conclusion. I thought it was a masterful performance. And I do mean "performance".
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is so crazy how he thinks he doesn't come of as a complete idiot at all his press conferences, lol, and keeps doing it. He isn't learning any lessons at all. It's pretty delusional.

This is where it's amazing how two people can watch the same thing and come to a completely different conclusion. I thought it was a masterful performance. And I do mean "performance".
    You forgot the word "brilliant" between "a" and "masterful."

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cottagesteezecottagesteeze St. Paul, MN Posts: 218

Allen Frances says he's tired of "amateur diagnosticians" insisting that U.S. President Donald Trump has narcissistic personality disorder. In a letter to the New York Times, Frances, a retired Duke University professor, wrote that Trump "may be a world-class narcissist, but this doesn't make him mentally ill, because he does not suffer from the distress and impairment required to diagnose mental disorder."
    He was responding to another letter to the Times — signed by 35 psychiatrists, psychologists and social workers — declaring Trump mentally unfit for the job of commander-in-chief. In doing so, they were flouting a longstanding American Psychiatric Association ethical policy barring mental health professionals diagnosing public figures from a distance. 

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-wednesday-edition-1.3984065/stop-saying-trump-has-narcissistic-personality-disorder-says-psychiatrist-who-defined-it-1.3984073

I actually listened to this interview on NPR yesterday. The psychiatrist makes a clear difference between the disorder and the trait of being narcissist. That said, he stated that DT clearly has a narcissistic personality, but it is belittling to narcissistic disorder patients to be grouped in with DT. LOL
  • Options
    don dropping wisdom bombs: "the news is fake because so much of the news is fake".
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Come again?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fbi-kremlin-probe-20170118-story,amp.html
    Right. So as I said it is/was one investigation with collaboration among an interagency working group. I assume you read the article you posted. The FBI probably is/was spearheading it and from everything we know the FBI has already cleared the players. It's possible the investigation is still ongoing but we don't actually know that. The FBI does investigations of which there is/was one.

Flynn was cleared on the phone call

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Good luck with the rest of it.

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    mfc2006 said:

Kat said:

yeah, I've got nothing either. just wow.
    I think it's a bit misleading. She brought it up and he followed up on it with her. I think that one can be spun either way. I chalk it up to his plain ignorance, but his supporters will see it as the media and public attacking him.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

That's trump being trump, with an even higher level of frustration and stress. Stop acting like he's some wizard. He's a pro-wrestler in a suit.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

here's a transcript for those that missed the shitshow...um, I mean, press conference earlier.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/02/16/donald-trumps-grievance-filled-press-conference-annotated/?utm_term=.616cf4a96a66

Is it just me, or have the complaints about the MSM/Main Stream Media faded? Only to be replaced by this Opposition Media narrative? Which is it? Main Stream or Opposition? Can it be both?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

That's trump being trump, with an even higher level of frustration and stress. Stop acting like he's some wizard. He's a pro-wrestler in a suit.
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,582
    edited February 2017
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Come again?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-fbi-kremlin-probe-20170118-story,amp.html
    Right. So as I said it is/was one investigation with collaboration among an interagency working group. I assume you read the article you posted. The FBI probably is/was spearheading it and from everything we know the FBI has already cleared the players. It's possible the investigation is still ongoing but we don't actually know that. The FBI does investigations of which there is/was one.

Flynn was cleared on the phone call

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

Good luck with the rest of it.

From the article I linked. Telling, no?

FBI Director Comey refused at a recent Senate hearing to comment on whether the bureau was investigating Russia’s hacking campaign for possible criminal prosecutions. Spokespeople for the FBI, the Justice Department and the national intelligence director declined to comment.

The BBC reported that the FBI had obtained a warrant on Oct. 15 from the highly secretive Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court allowing investigators access to bank records and other documents about potential payments and money transfers related to Russia. One of McClatchy’s sources confirmed the report.

Susan Hennessey, a former attorney for the National Security Agency who is now a fellow at the Brookings Institution, said she had no knowledge as to whether a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant had been issued in the investigation of Russian influence. However, she said such warrants were issued only if investigators could establish “probable cause” that the target was a foreign power or its agent and that the surveillance was likely to produce foreign intelligence. She said the information in Steele’s dossier couldn’t have met that test.

“If, in fact, law enforcement has obtained a FISA warrant, that is an indication that additional evidence exists outside of the dossier,” she said.

At the Republican National Convention in Cleveland last July, Trump’s campaign associates successfully changed the Republican Party’s platform to weaken a provision advocating more military support for the Ukrainian government in its fight to defend itself against the Russian-backed incursion in Crimea.

You also denied Treasury's involvement. And a "working group" does not necessarily mean that they are working as one cohesive unit. Rather, they may be working independently but will then pool their info to generate one report. Treasury has the financial piece, NSA has intercepted phone calls/electronic communications, etc., CIA has human intel, etc. Isn't gathering intelligence investigating?

Gotta love BS' spin baby spin.

FOLLOW THE MONEY!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822

I actually listened to this interview on NPR yesterday. The psychiatrist makes a clear difference between the disorder and the trait of being narcissist. That said, he stated that DT clearly has a narcissistic personality, but it is belittling to narcissistic disorder patients to be grouped in with DT. LOL
    I haven't listened to the interview, but in the article he misrepresents how the impairment criteria are to be applied. The person does not have to view them as impairments, and they don't necessarily have to have impaired job performance; there are plenty of other areas to be impaired.

Here are the impairment criteria for DSM-V, defined:
    The essential features of a personality disorder are impairments in personality (self and interpersonal) functioning and the presence of
    pathological personality traits. To diagnose narcissistic personality disorder, the following criteria must be met:
    A.Significant impairments in personality functioning manifest by:
    1. Impairments in self functioning
    (a or b):
    a. Identity: Excessive reference to others for self-definition and self-esteem regulation; exaggerated self-appraisal
    may be inflated or deflated, or vacillate between extremes; emotional regulation mirrors fluctuations in self-esteem.
    b. Self-direction: Goal-setting is based on gaining approval from others; personal standards are unreasonably high in order to see oneself as exceptional, or too low based on a sense of entitlement; often unaware of own motivations.

AND
    2. Impairments in interpersonal functioning
    (a or b):
    a. Empathy: Impaired ability to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others; excessively attuned to reactions of others, but only if perceived as relevant to self; over-or underestimate of own effect on others.
    b. Intimacy: Relationships largely superficial and exist to serve self-esteem regulation; mutuality constrained by little genuine interest in others' experiences and predominance of a need for personal gain

Not that I'm arguing for anyone to make a diagnosis from afar, but the basis for Frances' argument is incorrect.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

mrussel1 said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

BS44325 said:

mickeyrat said:

mickeyrat said:

mrussel1 said:

Wrong again professor. Americans can become targets if the initial target, a foreigner on foreign soil, Russian Ambassador, is talking to an American, Flynn.

In 2011, the Obama Administration secretly won permission from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to reverse restrictions on the National Security Agency’s use of intercepted phone calls and e-mails, permitting the agency to search deliberately for Americans’ communications in its massive databases. The searches take place under a surveillance program Congress authorized in 2008 under Section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. Under that law, the target must be a foreigner “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, and the court must approve the targeting procedures in an order good for one year. But a warrant for each target would thus no longer be required. That means that communications with Americans could be picked up without a court first determining that there is probable cause that the people they were talking to were terrorists, spies or “foreign powers.” The FISC also extended the length of time that the NSA is allowed to retain intercepted U.S. communications from five years to six years with an extension possible for foreign intelligence or counterintelligence purposes. Both measures were done without public debate or any specific authority from Congress.[13]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Foreign_Intelligence_Surveillance_Court

And the intelligence agencies do conduct investigations, What they don't do is file charges. That gets turned over to the FBI. So, who else close to Trump spoke with the Russians? I'm willing to bet they have his sons and son-in-law on tape. I'm also willing to bet there's going to be quid pro quo. What did they discuss? And it was a year before the election. But sure, nothing to see here.

Russian spy ship off the coast of Groton, CT., Russian fighter aircraft buzzing US warships and Russian outreach to Iran and yet nary a peep from Trump. And you don't find any of this concerning? But Hillary's emails! What was that about Comet Pizza?

FOLLOW THE MONEY.
    You clearly didn't watch the press conference today. He addressed all these things.
  • Options

BS44325 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yes. Very much so a pro-wrestler in a suit. That's a great call. Where you're wrong is on the effectiveness of it. This is where you have to look back to the election and realize that this works. I am not saying I like it. I am saying it is masterful. If you smell what the Rock is cooking of course.
This discussion has been closed.