Options

2017 STAG The Bedazzler 7" VINYL on sale now

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,725
edited January 2017 in The Porch

Comments

• Options
    LIMITED EDITION RED VINYL

"When I met the guys in Stag, I didn't know much about them. But after hearing their music and seeing them live, I knew I wanted to put out a single!
    Their brand of 70's inspired rock power-pop reminds me of some of my favorite artists like Cheap Trick, The Cars & T-Rex.
    To top it off, both songs on the single were recorded by Seattle icon Jack Endino. Yeah, he's the guy that produced Nirvana's Bleach and other early tunes from Soundgarden and Mudhoney." -Mike McCready
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    Thanks D!
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,883
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    rw160510 said:

Thanks D!

No problemo!
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    Thanks D.

I wish Mike would put out a full length album. The 7s are cool, but I want more.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Shipping confirmation received. Sweet! :)
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    That cover lol
  • Options
    @Santos L. Halper , will this be available digital at the 10club store?
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187

That cover lol

That dude getting his crotch rubbed!!!!! ;-)
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited January 2017
    LukinFan said:

Thanks D.

I wish Mike would put out a full length album. The 7s are cool, but I want more.

When your getting $12 for 2 songs, I would continue to do what they're doing. Selling 12 songs for $25 seems like giving it away.
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I might buy it simply cause of that cover.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    "I know what you're asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nick name for my penis. Its called the Octagon, but I also nick named my testes - my left one is James Westfall and my right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. You ladies play your cards right you just might get to meet the whole gang."
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    demetrios said:
    All the signed copies were already gone when I got there at 6:30pm
  • Options

demetrios said:
    All the signed copies were already gone when I got there at 6:30pm
    D'oh!! Wish Mike was randomly signing copies for those ordered @ the 10club store.

Keeping an eye out on his new book coming soon. Wonder if he will do a book tour ..
  • Options
    NEW SINGLE FROM STAG OUT NOW ON HOCKEYTALKTER RECORDS https://pearljam.com/news/new-single-from-stag-out-now-on-hockeytalkter-records
  • Options
    spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    sacha baron cohen at studio 54
  • Options

http://www.themightystag.com/2017/01/27/the-bedazzler-is-a-time-machine/

The Bedazzler is a Time Machine!

Thanks Chris Estey for the kind words. “Just got this slinky, crunchy, very naughty STAG 45 in my box (eek!). It’s a true delight, a great sample of the superb vinyl releases from HockeyTalkter Records. I’m sent back into a summer night of my past, Columbian pot-wafting trailer park yard under glittering coals of stars, sharing a sleeping bag with Janie, whose brother John made out with Rhoda nearby in their own bag. Summer stoned and deep tongue kissing for the first time, and the chorus of this song tickles like anything by the Sweet and stomps like pop Slade. The flip “Runner” has a buzzy Badfinger jog to it (“I’ve been making the same old jokes / living on rum and cokes / get me high!!”); both choruses on this new single are true boss. Thanks boys! Right on”.- Chris Estey
  • Options
    It's arrived in the UK today.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    rw160510 said:

WOW! They sure are shipping fast outside of North American. I haven't yet received my order Gleason 7" singles here in Canada & yet you received this one already? What in gods name is taking so long @ the CDN / USA border?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

rw160510 said:

WOW! They sure are shipping fast outside of North American. I haven't yet received my order Gleason 7" singles here in Canada & yet you received this one already? What in gods name is taking so long @ the CDN / USA border?
    This one looks like it came USPS again like previous Hockeytalkter releases did before they switched to the 10c store. The gleason 7 and the levee walkers recent release took about a month each to arrive. Hope the Gleason one arrives in Canada soon.
  • Options
    Whoa! Received my Stag vinyl in the mail today. Ordered Jan 20th. Arrived Feb 6th. Not bad.

Still waiting though on the Steve Gleason 7" singles which were shipped on Jan 5th.
  • Options
    http://seattlemag.com/arts-and-culture/tell-me-about-track-stags-bedazzler?page=2

In this edition of Tell Me About That Track, we catch up with Ben London of five-piece rock outfit STAG, a group currently promoting its latest 7-inch single, the T-Rex-indebted "The Bedazzler," through Mike McCready's HockeyTalkter Records (find it via Pearl Jam's site here). You can hear them play it live this Friday at Darrell's Tavern 7th anniversary party.