Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

Comments

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    No

So how many "no" voters on this thread watched it?
    There has to be at least one for sure.

I didn't watch 1 minute of it.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,422
    notice we hav3nt heard shit from or about Bannon since he was named advisor?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No
    mickeyrat said:

That's what happens when Richard Spencer gets punched.
  • mickeyrat said:

Without looking who held his position in Obama administration?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

mickeyrat said:

Without looking who held his position in Obama administration?
    Valerie Jarret?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yes

Sooooo you voted for the Presidential candidate that would lower your property taxes?

No, I actually voted for the opposite of the last 8 years or as close to it as I could. I mentioned my property taxes because they're more important to me personally than how the world feels about America, but I get why you guys could think that.

As mfc2006 posted in another thread, let's all just try to have a great day whether we agree with one another or not. Take care of eachother and spread some love today, do one thing to make a stranger smile.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    edited January 2017
    thinl a pretty clear statement was made today.

Precedent Trump? act like the President and not a 12 yr old hmm? the media is going after you and in some cases can let pictures speak for themsrlves.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited January 2017
    Well, the numbers are in; 5th most watched inauguration at 30.6 million. Well behind Obama. Next they'll say that doesn't count the people who had mass viewing parties or "taped" it. Keep spinning the lies Spicer and Trump.
    Post edited by tbergs on
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588

Sooooo you voted for the Presidential candidate that would lower your property taxes?

No, I actually voted for the opposite of the last 8 years or as close to it as I could. I mentioned my property taxes because they're more important to me personally than how the world feels about America, but I get why you guys could think that.

As mfc2006 posted in another thread, let's all just try to have a great day whether we agree with one another or not. Take care of eachother and spread some love today, do one thing to make a stranger smile.
    Who was the opposite of the last 8 years?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2017
    No

PJ_Soul said:

I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.

It's not a civic responsibility to watch the inauguration. Also, there will be a complete transcript of what he says. Yes, I agree that the ratings boycott is a good reason not to watch! ;) Reminder: If you watch it later online it won't be counted in the ratings.
    It's not a civic responsibility to know what your president says on the day he gets sworn in????

There's a difference between a duty and a responsibility. I disagree
    You know there are transcripts, right?
    Either way, I find your attitude about this kind of silly.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    edited January 2017
    No

A live look in of me watching the inauguration.

https://youtu.be/txqiwrbYGrs

So how many "no" voters on this thread watched it?
    There has to be at least one for sure.

I accidentally caught the last 30 seconds of his speech and I'm so glad I didn't watch the rest of since. Can anyone say or look forward to a dystopian future. Oh boy!

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

No
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I'm still deciding. First I planned to be there protesting, then I said "Maybe I'll get my nails done instead," and now I think I might want to watch just out of civic responsibility. I feel like I should hear what he says firsthand instead of having it filtered. I do like the ratings boycott idea, though. That's a very good reason to not watch.

It's not a civic responsibility to watch the inauguration. Also, there will be a complete transcript of what he says. Yes, I agree that the ratings boycott is a good reason not to watch! ;) Reminder: If you watch it later online it won't be counted in the ratings.
    It's not a civic responsibility to know what your president says on the day he gets sworn in????

There's a difference between a duty and a responsibility. I disagree
    You know there are transcripts, right?
    Either way, I find your attitude about this kind of silly.
    It's our civic duty/responsibility to get out and vote I don't believe it's our duty to watch any future presidents get sworn in.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Meh. It's just pointing out individual artists and bands hypocrisy and then somehow saying boycotting trump inauguration is a sign of that.
    No
    That was a very good article......One for the money two for the show.

Peace

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yes
    I can't believe trumps ridiculous press conference. I guess I'm not surprised but he's so over obsessed with the damn media that his press conference had to attack the media and discuss the crowd size? Man, how stupid. Seems like idiocracy. He needs to just stfu and do his job, this shit is so unimportant. I just picture Spicer not even wanting to speak but trump forcing him to talk about that crap
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Yes

I can't believe trumps ridiculous press conference. I guess I'm not surprised but he's so over obsessed with the damn media that his press conference had to attack the media and discuss the crowd size? Man, how stupid. Seems like idiocracy. He needs to just stfu and do his job, this shit is so unimportant. I just picture Spicer not even wanting to speak but trump forcing him to talk about that crap

yes,, yes and yes. fucking stupid as hell.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    No

Are you talking about Spicer's press conference, or Trump's speech at CIA headquarters?

Both were reprehensible, and at the same time neither was out of character. What did you expect from them? This is the way Trump & his crew have been behaving since day one.

Kellyanne Conway said today that Trump won't be releasing his tax returns. That's the least shocking thing I've heard all weekend.

Anyone who says they are surprised by the events of the last two days is either lying or hasn't been paying attention.

Are you talking about Spicer's press conference, or Trump's speech at CIA headquarters?

Both were reprehensible, and at the same time neither was out of character. What did you expect from them? This is the way Trump & his crew have been behaving since day one.

Kellyanne Conway said today that Trump won't be releasing his tax returns. That's the least shocking thing I've heard all weekend.

Anyone who says they are surprised by the events of the last two days is either lying or hasn't been paying attention.
    There's been a level of denial by some, saying that they were hoping trump would suddenly become professional and a respectable leader. The issue is that he's a full blown narcissist, and his behavior will not change. He knows impeachment will be coming, so now he's trying to manipulate people to reject the sources that will ultimately bring him down (media and intelligence agencies).
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    No

There's been a level of denial by some, saying that they were hoping trump would suddenly become professional and a respectable leader. The issue is that he's a full blown narcissist, and his behavior will not change. He knows impeachment will be coming, so now he's trying to manipulate people to reject the sources that will ultimately bring him down (media and intelligence agencies).
    Yesterday was a very calculated step in that direction.

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    No

Well said.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    So did this thing happen yet? waiting for the largest crowd ever.......

• Meh. It's just pointing out individual artists and bands hypocrisy and then somehow saying boycotting trump inauguration is a sign of that.
    Yeah, I think that's the point. Bands are worried about being associated with one side for fear of losing fans. Funnily enough for a band that like to think they are very political, U2 said nothing about the Iraq war.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    No

Exactly.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • No

Four years of this crap to look forward to. How is this supposed to make America great again?
    I'm through with screaming
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No

Meh. It's just pointing out individual artists and bands hypocrisy and then somehow saying boycotting trump inauguration is a sign of that.
    Yeah, I think that's the point. Bands are worried about being associated with one side for fear of losing fans. Funnily enough for a band that like to think they are very political, U2 said nothing about the Iraq war.
    Boner (Thanks Beavis and Butthead) lost me for supporting Monsanto and their last two albums sucked anyways.

Boner (Thanks Beavis and Butthead) lost me for supporting Monsanto and their last two albums sucked anyways.
    They supported Monsanto? WTF!?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    No

Yesterday was a very calculated step in that direction.

Yup. Horrifying. This is extremely dangerous. I feel like most people are way under-reacting to this issue TBH, particularly other politicians (including Obama).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata