Options

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.?

dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
edited January 2017 in A Moving Train
Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
Denver 10-22-14

Are you Going To Watch the Inauguration of Donald J. Trump the 45th President of the U.S.? 56 votes

Yes
16%
mcgruff10fanch75Wma31394PJPOWERRoleModelsinBlood31dmaradona10Pearl34Jamriley540PJfanwillneverleave1 9 votes
No
83%
KatLondon Bridgevaggar99bootlegger10my2handsThe JugglerDirtie_Frankjosevolutionmfc2006InHiding80CarryTheZeroSVRDhand13Jearlpam0925Chazzg under pIndifference71JimmyVJedBentleyspopSmellyman 47 votes

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    I never watch that stuff I dont think i ever have

Those elected bastards need to get to work not have a big party every 4 years
  • Options
    THREE DOORS DOWN!!!!!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I'm not sure. The student of history in me says yes because I think I have to see with my two eyes that it's really happening. The citizen in me says no because I don't support a single thing that this man or his administration stands for.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Don’t Watch Donald Trump’s Inauguration
    There’s no better way to undermine Trump than to take away his ratings.

https://newrepublic.com/article/139775/dont-watch-donald-trumps-inauguration
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    Nope, but I'll read about it later. Although, maybe there'll be some tomato throwers or hecklers. It'd be nice to see that live.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Yes

I'm not sure. The student of history in me says yes because I think I have to see with my two eyes that it's really happening. The citizen in me says no because I don't support a single thing that this man or his administration stands for.

I will be watching it for that same reason, it's history and I want to witness it. Also, curious to see how Trumps' speech will compare to other Presidents.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    No
    Hell no.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    No
    No, I'll be at work.

Even if I wasn't, I still wouldn't watch that disgrace.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    No
    No I'll be @work and who ever said there looking to see what kind of speech Bafoon delivers lol it will rank dead last ! Asshole doesn't have one diplomatic bone in his old body...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No
    I'll be at work and I use Roku instead of cable so no. I'll just wait until Arec Barwin mocks it on SNL a day later.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    No

THREE DOORS DOWN!!!!!!

Their career was kryptonite long before.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,609
    It would be interesting to see how much trump will borrow from Mussolini. Have to work though, sad. Maybe I'll catch the lowlights on the news.
  • Options
    Better question would be - have you ever watched one? Isn't it at noon? Don't you people have jobs? Oh, that's why you've watched the Democratic ones before....Seeing if they're giving anything away on that day.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options

Better question would be - have you ever watched one? Isn't it at noon? Don't you people have jobs? Oh, that's why you've watched the Democratic ones before....Seeing if they're giving anything away on that day.

Cute.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    No

funny... i thought part of Trumps message was that out of work blue collar workers in the Midwest COULDNT work because there are no jobs?

so which one is it? are they getting screwed or are they lazy looking for a handout? make your mind up

let me guess... an unemployed republican is being screwed due to globalization and cant find a job... while an unemployed democrat is lazy and looking for a handout? LOL
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    No

Why does it matter to you if most of us here will not be watching a Bafoon being sworn in ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,790
    No

lunch breaks FTW
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,513
    No

lunch breaks FTW
    Not to mention PVRs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    No

you know, lots of people have access to these things on their mobile devices, and lots of people work full time but not 9-5. (myself? I have a staff room with a big screen that I can check out when I want).

and CNN has it at 9amET.

but nice ignorant comment.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,833
    Yes
    I have all my social studies classes watching it. (107 students)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598

Says a guy posting on a band's message board at 2:30 in the afternoon...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,833
    Yes

Good one!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

I was going to post that very thing but saw into the future of a rebuttal of something about a lunch break or he can't work because Mexicans took his job or something.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    No

haha!

to answer the question, hell no.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    No
    Nope. And I have the day off work. Think I'll go see La La Land or something.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Not sure. I watched Obama's first one. Don't think I ever watched another one prior...Republican nor Dem.
    Just like Obama being sworn in, there is an interest factor. Working from home it is easy to watch if I have no calls at that point in the day....or we can DVR it. I think there is a train wreck component that will cause many to tune in.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    No
    I'll be at work. Even if I'd be home, I wouldn't. We do have a pool at the bar whether or not he'll use the term "crooked Hillary" at some point in his speech.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    No

Another intelligent and mature contribution to the conversation.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    No
    Why would anybody?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Not sure. I watched Obama's first one. Don't think I ever watched another one prior...Republican nor Dem.
    Just like Obama being sworn in, there is an interest factor. Working from home it is easy to watch if I have no calls at that point in the day....or we can DVR it. I think there is a train wreck component that will cause many to tune in.

This is why I'm undecided right now. i don't really care to watch, but would hate to miss something entertaining.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08